As hard as it may seem to believe, there once was a time when social media didn’t exist. Nowadays, however, you can hardly go more than five minutes without hearing about something that’s been posted on one of the many social networks out there. Unfortunately, though many of us would love nothing more than to be able to check our favorite sites all day long, most of us have jobs or other responsibilities that take up a vast majority of our days. That’s where apps to track your social media usage come in! If you’re the type of person who loves using social media but doesn’t want to let it consume your life, here are some tools we’ve found will help you keep your usage under control.
Apps for tracking how much time you’re spending on social media, such as Facebook and Instagram, are becoming increasingly popular.
How These App Time Trackers Works?
Utility Makers are deeply concerned about users’ wellbeing and don’t want them to drip into the black hole of social media. Now, you might be wondering how these apps help? Well, these applications help you focus on your work & personal life by eliminating the internet and virtual distractions. Whenever you want to concentrate on something important or gain productivity, you can schedule focus time.
During this time, all social media apps & unwanted notifications will automatically be blocked. Additionally, you can keep a check on app time usage by setting a reminder for the same. Whenever you exceed the set time limit, the smartphone trackers alert you by sending constant notifications.
Hence controlling your online behaviour, is now easier than ever before with these best apps that limit Social Media use.
How Do I Monitor App Usage? Meet These Top 10+ Apps That Limit Social Media Usage
To simplify your work and help you break smartphone addiction effectively & quickly, here is the list of top social media blocker apps to help you limit social network & overall phone usage:
It is a marvelous Android app that helps users to track and limit their Social media & smartphone usage in a few taps. The application is designed with advanced algorithms to help you manage your time wisely and connect with real life in the best way possible. It’s a fantastic phone tracker, packed with actionable features to combat digital addiction. Get a detailed summary of the phone and application usage.
Features: Social Fever
- Brilliant smartphone tracker with intuitive UI.
- Works with the latest Android OS.
- Can inform you about the phone lock and unlock numbers.
- You can set interest to balance your digital & real-life.
- Set goals to track app usage & become a Smartphone user.
- Get detailed info about your app usage.
- Keep a check on your Ear & Eye health by receiving frequent reminders to have a break while listening to music & watching the screen.
- Well-designed screen tracker that ensures you use your phone for a limited duration & instead spend your valuable time embracing hobbies.
- Water reminders to stay hydrated.
- Doesn’t occupy many phone resources.
- Works in the background.
- Doesn’t let you miss out on your real-life goals.
- Get accurate info on the number of unlocking times.
- Alerts every time your set app usage duration exceeds.
- None as such for a free Social media & app usage tracker.
Offtime is an easy to use application that helps you balance your digital devices usage app right at your fingertips. The app effortlessly works to limit social media time on your smartphone & tablet in real-time and scheduling timeouts to help you breakthrough. Let’s scour the features of Offtime:
- Tracks and compares your device usage to help you improve.
- Enables you to set personal device usage goals.
- Use the app alone or ask people to join you to OFFTIMEs.
- It provides you with daily feedback and an overview of your smartphone usage.
- Syncs across all devices.
- Choose Modes for better efficiency: Work, Family or Me Time
- Wake-up calls to curb your habits.
- Significantly reduce digital addiction.
- Issues while editing profiles or saving changes.
- Frequent updates annoy users.
- Most of the features are available with PRO.
This is another popular app that iOS device users can download to monitor apps and phone usage.
- This iPhone app usage tracker can help to track device usage by setting down daily limits.
- The app sends off notifications when daily limits are exceeded.
- Forceful alerts can be set in the form of annoying messages when the screen time setting is exceeded.
Pros and cons:
- Unique options to control app or screen time limits set.
- It can be extended to cover family devices.
- Paid subscription service to avail of the extended options.
Moment tracks your device usage and allows you to set daily limits; the app notifies you if you exceed them. You can even use a setting that “forces” you off your phone by flooding your screen with annoying alerts when you try to extend your screen time. The moment can also be used for families, with the option to track your family’s device use from your own phone.
This is another app that is made popular for both Android and iOS platforms to enable the monitoring of smartphone or app usage.
- It offers detailed information about the app and phone usage.
- Creates an addiction score that can be used to set goals to reduce by users.
- Shows how often one unlocks the phone screen and logs usage during the day.
Pros and cons:
- The unique feature is the addiction score.
- Other tracking features are standard as found in other apps.
A perfect blend of screen time & app usage tracker, StayFree is an excellent utility for self-control and enhancing productivity. Social media blocker works best to help you focus on important things by restricting the usage of your favorite apps. It gives time reports & statistics on your usage history so that you can improve your performance from day to day.
- View charts & stats of your app usage history.
- Sends quick notifications for overuse.
- Customize the app usage tracker with five beautiful themes.
- Widget for tracking Social media time is available.
- Temporarily blocks Social media & your other favorite Android applications.
- Displays inspiring & motivational quotes to enhance productivity and live to the fullest in real life.
- One of the highest-rated apps to beat smartphone addiction.
- Extremely fast & modern UI.
- Well-known for its accurate usage stats.
- Have to grant a lot of permissions to work properly.
Stay Focused is an excellent blend of features, including app/website blocker, app usage tracker, self-control booster, keywords blocker, screen time,smart productivity booster & much more. It’s an all-round package to beat smartphone addiction without putting much effort. Let’s see what makes it the best app to limit and track Social media time.”
Features: Stay Focused
- Tracks daily time spent while using your favorite apps.
- Block apps & websites at particular time intervals.
- Offers multiple modes for weak self-control.
- Keeps track of time spent on websites as well.
- Set limits on your overall phone usage & screen time.
- Allows you to block certain keywords as well to make your device kid-proof.
- The app usage tracker even features a dedicated locker to block apps temporarily.
- Best app & website blocker.
- Blocks email notifications temporarily.
- A useful app to beat phone addiction.
- Most of the features are available with a premium version.
- Annoying ad popups.
This is an app that offers unique features for those who wish to take aggressive steps to reduce or manage the usage of phones or apps.
- This iPhone app usage tracker can help users set a target time period for keeping a phone locked.
- It can help remotely monitor other users from using the device of another.
Pros and cons:
- Unique features are included for those who wish to seriously limit access to a phone or apps.
- The limitation is that the locking feature cannot be disabled even for emergency reasons until the time period has elapsed.
Freedom, as the name entails, helps you fight against Social Media & Smartphone addiction. Used by Millions of people from all around the world, Freedom is one of the best apps to track and limit Social media usage on iPhone & Android. It has a fantastic set of features to combat Nomophobia. Let’s take a look at what all the app usage tracker has to offer:
- It helps you focus & improve productivity by blocking an unlimited number of distracting apps & websites such as YouTube, ESPN and Facebook.
- The Social media blocker app allows you to block the internet in a single tap.
- Allows you to create an exclusion list to keep certain websites from the blocked list.
- This Social Media Time Tracker app creates a vast number of modified blocklists for all your requirements.
- Schedule Freedom to run at specific days & times.
- Convenient social media blocker app for novice & pro users.
- Excellent app to limit Social media usage while working from home.
- Actionable features to control phone addiction.
- Custom blocklists.
- Syncing across all your devices.
- Has certain issues with low-end devices.
Formerly known as BreakFree, SPACE is an outstanding app to track and limit social media usage for iPhone and Android. This social media blocker app is quite popular & has been downloaded by over Millions of users from all around the globe. Let’s take a closer look at the features of Space:
- You can customize the app usage tracker according to your phone usage habits & preferences.
- It provides you with the opportunity to set & define your goals regarding your phone.
- It tracks your phone usage behaviour and shows you the progress that you have made within 2 months.
- It also sends non-intrusive notifications to intrude when your screen time bypasses the limit & alerts you to stay focused.
- Beautiful UI.
- Helps you understand your current hobbies.
- Lets you know what ‘type’ of phone user you are.
- Unlock top tips to achieve digital balance.
- Uses a significant amount of RAM.
- Sometimes crashes abruptly.
For every social media site you use, are you able to check how serious your addiction is? Well, now, you can. Social Fever is a social media tracker application that helps you measure and analyze the time you spend on all your apps in your devices. So, if you wanted to know how much time you spend scrolling on Instagram? This app is for you.