With Best Direct Mail Marketing, you can use a variety of direct mail formats to send your message – from postcards to catalogs to envelopes and more. Our state-of-the-art production facility gives you the flexibility to produce the type of direct mail piece that will make the most sense for your business.
Targeted, effective and creative! The Best Direct Mail Marketing campaign will bring you the new customers that you need to grow your business or brand. We offer personalized mailing services, allowing you to handpick potential customers based on geography, age, gender or household income. There’s no better way to get your message in front of the right people. Join our family of happy customers today!
Does Direct Mail Marketing Still Work?
Direct mail is a cost-effective way to get your brand’s message and offer directly in front of your prospects and customers. However, not every marketer’s aware of the resurgence in direct mail ROI.
Consider the following direct mail statistics:
- The customer response rate increased by 43% in 2016.
- The median return on investment (ROI) for direct mail is 29% compared to 23% and 16% for paid search and online display respectively.
- Direct mail response rates are 5.3% and 2.9% for mail sent to houses and prospect lists respectively while email has a response rate of 0.6% and an average click-through rate of 2% or 3%.
For any serious marketer, these figures show direct mail is still a game-changer, and a flexible addition to their larger marketing strategy.
Which Direct Mail Marketing Companies Can I Use?
Incorporating direct mail into your marketing campaigns is a great way to strengthen relationships with your customers and prospects. This is because direct mail allows you to provide hyper-focused content and foster deeper connections compared to using email alone.
Here are the top direct mail companies you can use:
PostcardMania — Best for Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
- POSTCARD & BROCHURE MAILERS
- OMNICHANNEL MARKETING SOLUTIONS
- 80+ INDUSTRIES SERVED
- DIRECT, EDDM, AND BULK MAILING
PostcardMania is great for high-volume postcard direct mail due to their excellent bulk discounting. They’re also a great option if you are looking to make direct mail one of many marketing channels.
Let’s take a look at the traditional direct mail options first. PostcardMania offers the following services:
- Postcard printing
- Postcard design
- Direct mailing
- Bulk mailing
- Mailing lists
- Every door direct mail (EDDM)
While they offer stellar postcard and brochure mailing campaign offerings, where they really stand out is their Everywhere Small Business product.
This is a multi-channel marketing effort that includes direct mail. In addition to mail, you’ll also benefit from mail tracking, targeted Facebook follow-up advertisements, Instagram ads, Google follow-ups, and call tracking.
PostcardMania targets the people who receive your promotions in the mail across digital advertising channels. It brings multiple campaigns together for lead generation and brand awareness.
Pricing for high-volume standard-sized postcards starts at just $0.05 per piece. You likely won’t find a better bulk rate in the industry.
PsPrint — Most Options for Mailer Type
- WIDE RANGE OF PRODUCTS
- QUICK TURNAROUND
- CREATE A MAILING LIST
- MANAGE EVERYTHING ONLINE
PsPrint offers a wide range of products available for direct mail.
In fact they offer 10 types of mailers to send to prospective customers. That’s much more than other services which often offer just one or two mailer options.
PsPrint’s products include:
- Door hangers
- Rack cards
- Sales sheets
- Gift labels
This is a huge variety of direct mailers they’ll send for you. It’s also worth mentioning they offer mailing list processing (CASS certification, inkjet addressing, and postal resorting), foil stamping, die cutting, and even a graphic designer to work with you to get exactly the look you want.
PsPrint offers a quick turnaround as well. In just two to five days after printing is complete, your order can be mailed.
The entire process can also be managed online. Just select your product, upload your artwork, and attach your mailing list. PsPrint will even send you extra prints that weren’t mailed. The “overs” are free if they fit into one box.
For those of you who don’t have a mailing list, PsPrint will help you create one in less than 15 minutes. Just answer some questions related to your target market based on age, income, ZIP Code, and other details.
Head over to PsPrint today and browse the many available options.
Vistaprint — Most Postcard Designs
- POSTCARD MAILING SERVICE
- BUY TARGETED MAILING LISTS
- PROMOTIONAL PRODUCTS
- WIDE RANGE OF SERVICES
Vistaprint is one of the most popular printing solutions out there. While they’re most known for their business card printing service, they also offer a great direct mail postcard service.
They offer more than 1,000 postcard designs too—so they’ll likely have something that’s right for you and your brand.
Simply design your card, send them your list of addresses, and Vistaprint will handle the rest. Vistaprint has both standard and oversized postcards.
One other service I really like is their mailing lists. You can buy a targeted list directly through this platform as well. These lists can be targeted to audiences by demographic data, like income, hobbies, new homeowners, or even B2B-targeted industries.
Vistaprint is great because they have so many other products and services. No matter your marketing needs, Vistaprint has you covered. Some popular categories include:
- Promotional products
- Labels and stickers
- Bags and Clothing
- Trade shows
- Marketing materials
- Business cards
If you want your mailing service from the same provider as your promotional products and printing needs, VistaPrint puts it all in one place.
Gunderson Direct — Best for Hands-Off Marketing Campaigns
- FULL-SERVICE MARKETING AGENCY
- FREE CONSULTATIONS
- FULLY MANAGED CAMPAIGNS
- CUSTOMIZED SERVICES
Gunderson Direct is a full-service direct marketing agency. That means their representatives will work with you to create a fully customized direct mail campaign that’s perfect for your brand.
They give you everything you need to get the most out of your direct mail campaigns. Tap into their expertise to create mail campaigns that compliment and work in conjunction with your marketing strategy.
You’ll start with a consultation with the Gunderson Direct team. As a full service agency, they’ll make sure every aspect of your program is optimized for success—from testing, to data, messaging and offers.
From that consultation, you’ll get all the insights you need to build a successful program.
Gunderson Direct can help you create direct mail collateral from your in-house database as well as external sources. Their award-winning design team will provide you with targeted, print-ready creative and their production expertise ensures you’re mailing out high-quality material.
From start to finish, they’ll take care of most every aspect of your marketing campaign for you, making sure to consult with you as needed to make sure it gets the results you’re looking for.
They’ll even give you in-depth reporting and analytics so you can measure your success. That’s a rare offering when it comes to direct mail services.
Get in touch with their team to get a custom quote for your company’s direct mail needs.
PrintingForLess — Best for Targeting Specific Neighborhoods
- EXCELLENT EDDM SERVICE
- CUSTOM FREE PRINTING SAMPLES
- FREE TEMPLATES
- GREAT FOR POLITICAL CAMPAIGNS
PrintingForLess is a well-known and reliable direct mail service. It’s a one-stop shop for both printing and mailing.
They offer a wide range of tools like free templates, direct mail tips, integration with marketing automation platforms, and web-to-print for employees to have easy access to sales and marketing collateral.
Where they really stand out is their Every Door Direct Mailing (EDDM) service. They’ll work with you to determine a specific neighborhood or region that you want to target and make sure your mailers get to those houses.
This is great for promoting your restaurant or retail business’s opening day, local promotions, and other location-specific advertisements.
While a few other services on this list offer EDDM (such as NextDayFlyers), none of them offer it with the amount of variety of mailer types that PrintingForLess gives you.
They also have a lot of experience working with political campaigns to make sure their mailers get out to constituents and potential voters. If you’re holding an elected office (or aspire to), I highly recommend PrintingForLess.
What I like about PrintingForLess is that they really stand behind their product. If your mailing and printing aren’t on time, they’ll fully reimburse you for your incurred costs. That eliminates a lot of the anxiety that surrounds big marketing projects.
Before you start producing and mailing at scale, PFL will give you custom free printing samples. You can choose from different paper types, weights, coatings, binding options, and effects to see which one is the best for your business.
5 out of 5
Mail with confidence when you work with Gunderson Direct. Having been in the direct mail business for over 18 years (with over 1.5 billion pieces of mail sent), they know a quite a bit about making mail work for clients across America (and internationally).
Gunderson Direct goes beyond offering top notch direct mail services – they offer a strategic partnership to help you continuously iterate and improve your campaigns.
Gunderson Direct offers clients a full-service, turn-key direct mail solution, or a la carte services including:
- Strategic Expertise: Years of experience allows them to put together winning programs that hedge for success.
- Creative Thought Leadership: They deliver creative that gets response while also supporting your brand and aiding awareness.
- Responsive Data and List Sourcing: Gunderson Direct is data agnostic and will leverage their vast network of data providers to ensure you are mailing to the right audience for your product or service.
- Production and Mailing: Direct mail is a manufacturing process. Depend on Gunderson Direct to insure your mail is produced with the highest quality in mind, while maintaining budgets and sticking to timelines.
- Insightful Analytics: Their data team measures each campaign and provides actionable next steps to enhance the response of future mailings.
Pricing is customized for each program based on campaign size, services needed and program goals.
- Top-notch client list. You’ll be in good company with the likes of Personal Capital, One Medical, AAA, ZipRecruiter, plus numerous startups, nonprofits and technology companies.
- Agency-style service that can handle any or every part of your mail campaign. Services include program and test strategy, creative development, audience selection and segmentation, managing print production and personalization, and follow-up campaign analytics.
- Creative leadership that focus on direct response. Creative and messaging support brand positioning while also getting prospects to take action and convert!
- Serious direct mail know-how. This team is the best in the business, bar none. Over 17 years of experience in virtually every category makes them a leader among direct mail agencies and service providers.
- ROI focused strategy that delivers results. They say that over 80% of the clients they onboard that are new to the direct mail channel can scale their programs significantly within 3 months. See if direct mail can work for your company – you can model your estimated ROI and CAC using their handy direct mail calculator found here.
- Campaigns can get pricey as minimums are high. An average engagement with Gunderson Direct can range $50,000 – $150,000. But this is economical for a full-service agency model.
Cactus Mailing is a simple direct mail marketing company that offers design, printing and mailing services. While Cactus Mailing lacks a design tool like other options on the market, you can upload your own designs and use targeted mailing lists to fast-track your marketing strategy.
The service also provides direct mail brochures and expert printing services for promotional brochures. These are particularly popular with multiple establishments including restaurants, real estate, and retail businesses.
One of the unique things about Cactus Mailing is its Smart Marketing concept. This feature combines direct mail marketing materials with digital tools like landing pages and Google display ads to improve your campaign results.
If you opt for the combined service, Cactus Mailing offers discounts and a free, no-obligation direct mail marketing plan.
Cactus Mailing’s marketing experts are also available to help you increase brand awareness and boost sales for your business.
Whether you’re planning a mail campaign, or looking to bring your mail program in-house, the specialists at Best Direct are ready to serve. We provide expert training on production methods and USPS postal regulations to help you become a mail marketing expert. With personalized service, we’ll handle every aspect of your direct mail project – from addressing to printing.