Best ecommerce email marketing software will suit anyone’s needs, no matter how large your company and database is. Our platform is extremely flexible and can be customized to suit any requirements. We offer the most competitive pricing on the market, while still providing enterprise-grade features like auto-responders, segmentation, and a powerful API. Also, you’ll be able to use our world-class support team to help you grow your business. As we’re an agency ourselves, we understand the importance of getting things done quickly – so that’s what we aim for too!
The best ecommerce email marketing software offers beautiful templates, powerful segmentation and A/B testing, autoresponders and automation, and stellar delivery rates.
Ecommerce Email Marketing Software FAQs
Here are some of the questions that people often ask about ecommerce email marketing software and its possibilities for online businesses, as well as issues like cart abandonment and users opting to unsubscribe from email lists.
What is Ecommerce Email Marketing Software?
Ecommerce marketing denotes the process through which online stores drive traffic to their online businesses and convert this traffic into paying customers. To do this, ecommerce stores need to communicate with each customer in a way that feels as if you are talking to them alone.
Marketers attempting to create personalized emails for even the smallest email list will discover that it is almost impossible to do this without an automated system with functionalities such as ready made templates and drag-and-drop features.
Your email marketing campaigns need to speak to the needs of the customer. Ecommerce email marketing software is a tool that helps you accomplish this goal. It helps you collect the information you need about each customer to segment your customer base.
At a basic level, an email marketing solution helps users grow and communicate with their subscribers. The core features provided by email marketing services and software include:
- Email editors
- Auto-responders and schedulers
- Reporting and analytics
- Form builders
The more advanced options feature customer segmentation, among other marketing automation solutions.
Why is Ecommerce Email Marketing Software Useful for Ecommerce Teams?
Both small businesses and large corporations have product news they need to share with their customers regularly. They need constant contact with both existing and prospective customers. Email marketing is also used to provide customers with relevant updates and information, offer promotional services such as upselling, educating users on using the ecommerce platform, and providing answers to some FAQs.
Ecommerce email marketing software is also an excellent tool for post-purchase follow-up and serves as a reminder of abandoned carts for users.
What Should Ecommerce Teams Look for in an Email Marketing Tool?
Email marketing tools should make the process of communicating with prospective and existing customers as easy and as efficient as possible. Therefore automation is an essential feature because it allows you to send out drip emails with ease.
Thus, it is vital to have a tool that allows personalization right from the email subject line. Customization is also important for targeted campaigns.
For personalization and customization to be possible, the ecommerce email marketing software should capture important information about customers and their behavior on the ecommerce website. Software should have the ability to capture and analyze data.
How Do You Know If You Need Ecommerce Email Marketing Software?
If you have an ecommerce business and need to communicate with your customers and subscribers, you need ecommerce email marketing software.
Automated email management systems can help turn every potential customer into a paying customer as well as ensure that every customer who has purchased from your ecommerce platform keeps coming back.
Suppose you need to market and manage your business, from inquiry to delivery of product or service to customer follow-up. Ecommerce email marketing software is necessary to sustain this workflow.
Ecommerce Email Marketing Software Comparison Criteria
Here are the comparison criteria I used when selecting the best email marketing software. However, choosing an email marketing platform will depend on your specific needs.
1. User Interface (UI): Is it clean and attractive?
2. Usability and Reliability: Consider ease of use. Is it easy to learn and master? Does the company offer good tech support, user support, tutorials, and training?
3. Integrations: Is it easy to connect with other tools? Any pre-built integrations with digital marketing tools, or ecommerce tools like Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and others? Can you integrate the software with your WordPress website?
4. Automation: Does the software improve efficiency through email marketing automation?
5. Personalization: Improved customer relations management (CRM) depends on the ability to personalize communication. Does the software make it possible to deliver personalized email campaigns? How easily can the email templates be customized?
6. Data Management and Analytics: Will the software assist you in managing and analyzing data?
7. Value for $: How appropriate is the price for the features, capabilities, and use case? Is pricing clear, transparent, and flexible?
Ecommerce Email Marketing Software Key Features
Here are some key features you need to look out for when comparing email marketing tools:
- Consolidated Customer Relations: A Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) allows customers to have individual accounts to check their activity history. It also enables Customer Relation Managers to use customer information to upsell, cross-sell, and provide customer support.
- Integration with Ecommerce Websites: Ecommerce email software can be directly integrated with ecommerce websites. This integration helps with managing retail operations: advertising, sales, content management, order fulfillment, and finance.
- Website Builder: Ecommerce software can help users build an ecommerce website to integrate with their email marketing campaigns.
- Central Database: All information needed by email marketers must be stored and accessed from a central location. This information may include product information, accounting transactions, product listing, browsing histories, payment and shipping statuses, and customer data.
- Reporting: Good email marketing software should allow you to pull reports indicating how your campaigns are doing and see insights in real-time.
- Security: Secure software will protect client information, so look out for PCI and SSL certificates when looking for suitable ecommerce software to ensure that your customer email addresses and other details do not end up in the wrong hands.
- Social Media: Giving customers the ability to share products they purchased — or wish to purchase — directly on their favorite social media timeline from your ecommerce website, is crucial. Ensure that your ecommerce email marketing software is linked to your social media activities.
- Automation and Trigger: Sending personalized emails to users based on their transactions or the stage of the buying journey is a feature to look out for. It uses customer activity history data — browsing patterns and audience segment — to help determine user buying steps and the email customers receive at each stage automatically.
The Ecomm Manager is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site — learn more about how we aim to stay transparent.
MailChimp has over 14 million customers and is popular with small and medium-sized businesses. It gained a reputation for ease-of-use and its focus on eye-catching, beautifully designed email templates, and opt-in forms.
MailChimp also integrates with a wide array of third-party tools, including many eCommerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, and BigCommerce, to name just a few. Features include trigger-based messaging, spam score checking, and a full array of reporting. You can also preview your messages in various email clients, use geo-targeting and time-zone-based delivery.
Pricing: Free for up to 2000 subscribers, around $5/month for every additional 500 subscribers. They charge $199/month for enterprise-level features.
Constant Contact stands out for its intuitive dashboard and easily-accessible features. It’s user-friendly and comes with support over the phone or live chat. They offer extensive training materials. They include a variety of templates to run surveys, coupons, invitations, and add video. It is also a complete contact management system.
Pricing: Plans begin at either $20/month (for the basic plan) or $45/month (for the “Plus” plan), each for up to 500 subscribers. The monthly price increases incrementally with more subscribers. One month free.
While most platforms are designed to send email, Klaviyo was designed to capture customer data from eCommerce sites and leverage it for personalized email campaigns. They include multiple abandoned cart follow-up sequences to increase conversions and sales.
Klaviyo integrates with all eCommerce web designer customer designed and standard CRM platforms to maximize your lead generation. It offers a complete automated marketing system that includes emails and ads. It is highly customizable for any targeted segmentation.
Pricing: Starts at $25/month for up to 500 subscribers and 3,000 emails.
Difficulty 🛠: Beginner
Cost (out of 3 💰): Free
Unique feature 💡: Native to Shopify, ecommerce focused
Shopify App Store rating ⭐️: 4/5 (869 reviews)https://www.youtube.com/embed/DdFmTMZK0ic
Shopify Email is an easy-to-use email solution to help you connect with subscribers and build long lasting customer relationships. Its clean and minimalist app removes the hassle found in apps like MailChimp or GetResponse, and it’s perfect for merchants who want powerful email functionality with little effort.
Excellent app, fast, and easy to use. Easy to feature one of your products or customize your own campaign. Automatically adds your email subscribers. I have used others and this is hands down my favorite. Saves me tons of time!Skin RX Clinic review
Shopify Email lets you:
- Send branded emails to subscribers in a few clicks, directly from your Shopify admin
- Save time with pre-built templates that automatically incorporate your logo, product images, descriptions, prices, and URLs from your store
- Customize your emails by editing text, buttons, images, and more to make it your own
- Import customer lists into Shopify
- Segment emails to personalize each message and get it to the right person
- Track results including click-through and open rates, products added to carts, and purchases in real-time
Difficulty 🛠: Easy
Cost (out of 3 💰): Free
Unique feature 💡: Advanced features, low cost
Shopify App Store rating ⭐️: 4/5 (50 reviews)
Sendinblue is an email marketing service aimed at small to medium-sized businesses. With powerful CRM and automation features that streamline redundant tasks, it’s become a complete digital marketing hub for Shopify stores.
Key features include a library of templates you can use to create beautiful email newsletters that engage subscribers. It also lets you build subscription forms quickly and offers pre-built automation flows for welcome sequences, abandoned cart emails, and more.
Sendinblue also offers powerful features for Shopify merchants. For example, you can connect your customer list and purchase data to your Sendinblue account. With that information, you can segment and target groups of customers based on their purchase history and other details.
Difficulty 🛠: Easy
Cost (out of 3 💰): 💰
Unique feature 💡: Sophisticated workflows and CRM capabilities
Shopify App Store rating ⭐️: 4.4/5 (295 reviews)
ActiveCampaign is a popular email marketing service trusted by over 145,000 businesses around the world. Whether you’re an established brand or just starting out, ActiveCampaign’s marketing automation is like having another employee on your team.
Once you integrate ActiveCampaign with Shopify, you can access a library of 500+ pre-built automations to launch campaigns, like abandoned cart emails or a welcome series, or design a landing page in minutes. ActiveCampaign also has over 850 pre-built integrations so you can connect all your business tools.
ActiveCampaign pulls directly from your Shopify data to send personalized emails that drive sales. Use one of ActiveCampaigns 125 email templates and deliver 1:1 messages to customers based on past interactions with your brand. This email marketing platform also offers merchants SMS marketing capabilities, as well as integrations with Google Analytics and Facebook Audiences.
You can start with ActiveCampaign today with a free 14-day trial. If you like it, you can upgrade to the Lite Plan, which starts at $9 per month.
Some of the huge benefits of email marketing include a low cost per acquisition, retention of existing customers and conversion rates being 2-3 times higher than other marketing techniques. Email marketing is also a good way to interact with your customers and increase user participation.