Welcome to Best Email Address Ideas, where you can find, check, and choose the best email address for your business. We strive to help you create simple and memorable email addresses that will allow you to stand out online. Whether you’re looking to build an online presence or improve your existing one, Best Email Address Ideas will provide you with the resources needed to be successful.
Whether you’ve just joined a business, or have decided to build an email list for your blog, we can help. You’ll need an email address to sign up with MailChimp so we’ve compiled some of the best email address ideas we can think of—and put them all right here. Check out your options, and add some personality to your mailbox.
What Are the Different Parts of an Email Address?
Well, a valid email address ([email protected] for example) typically consists of 3 parts:
- the local part (Jane.Smith)
- the @ symbol
- and a domain (outlook.com, gmail.com or your own professional domain)
To create a professional impression, having a professional domain (for example, my email address is [email protected]) is highly recommended. This is because when you own a professional email address, people consider you more secure, invested in your business and it doesn’t look like spam.
However, not everyone needs a professional email address. You can still have professional sounding email names without investing in a domain.
Let’s see how…
How to Choose the Best Personal Email Address (Creative Email Address Ideas)?
Choosing a perfect email address is very necessary to remain trust-able and create a good impression. In this era of digitization getting your desired email address is a bit tough because nearly 50% of the world’s population now has a dedicated email addresses.
Wondering how many email users are there in the world?
According to statista.com, there were nearly 4.1 billion active email users in the world (in 2014) and the number is expected to rise to 5.1 billion by the end of 2020 which means getting your unique email address is next to impossible to matter what email name generator tool you use.
Having said that, there are still workaround to get a clean, professional looking email IDs easily.
1) Choose a Desired Email Service Provider
Like I said, if you don’t want to invest in a professional domain, you need to register your email IDs through email service providers like Gmail, Outlook.com etc.
While choosing your desired email service providers, you should remember that choosing a popular service like Gmail will make it hard for you to get your desired email name while a less used service like Outloook might still have your email name free to register.Gmail Tricks for smart people ›› A list of 10 powerful and less talked about Gmail tricks that will get your work done faster, maintain an inbox zero and look smart in front of friends/colleagues.
2) Settle on a Name You Want to Use as Your Email Username
Now that you have a email service provider, you should quickly focus on settling over 2 or 3 of your desired usernames. This will form the base of our email address.
After that, you can then rotate and use various cool email address ideas or mail id suggestions. This will make the work a lot easier than just testing each username with available free options and testing them each time.
For example, you thought JaneSmith as your desired gmail username idea.
PRO TIP: Make sure your chosen email username passes the phone test. Meaning, if you call up a friend and pronounce your email ID, that person should be able to accurately write the spelling of your username without having to ask you.
This is necessary because many times you’ll need to verbally share your email ID with friends, colleagues and they might further share it with their network. If the listener isn’t able to get the exact spelling or mistakes it with similar sounding ID, you might lose your confidential emails to someone else, leave alone the time loss.
It is obvious that JaneSmith wouldn’t be available to register right away. So you can try the following simple email name ideas to combine with it.
- Reverse the name order: This is perhaps the best email name hack that you can try. If JaneSmith is taken, try SmithJane. Most of the times this is usually the only thing you need to try. Reverse names are the best email names ever because they still make the same sense without fancy supplements.
- Use Abbreviations: If the above email username trick doesn’t help, try using abbreviations of your username. Most of the time this wouldn’t be available but if it is, you’re in luck. Try SJane or JSmith as your email address. Alternatively, you can try using a middle name (if you have one) to up your game a bit.
- Don’t make it too long: While long, wordy usernames might look like cool email address ideas but are hard to remember and might attract misspellings.
ALSO READ >>> How To Make A Website That Makes $6324 per Month!
Here are some of the best email name ideas that are free to register:
3) Use your profession
Adding your professional designation is still a better option than adding vague numbers to it. Here are a few examples of email address ideas where adding a profession can help you get the desired email username even if your regular IDs are not available:
- CAJaneSmith (If you’re a chartered accountant)
- DrJaneSmith (If you’re a doctor) or DocJaneSmith
- JaneSmithLawyer (For lawyers)
- VAJaneSmith (If you’re a virtual assistant)
4) Add your educational qualification
- JaneSmithMA (master of arts)
- JaneSmithBSc (master of science)
- JaneSmithDDS (perfect and easy to remember email name idea if you’re a doctor of dental surgery)
Adding your profession, educational qualification or any sort of professional skill that identifies you is a great example of a creative email names. Remember to make it professional and not add something like nick names or funny words or else yours would fall into the funny email addresses debacle listed below.
5) Add your place of work or hometown
This may sound a little unique but is a great way to create good email address names without having to hit your head on the wall. Simply add your home town’s name or abbreviation to make a great and memorable email ID.
- [email protected]
- JaneSmithDC (If you’re from Washington DC)
- JaneSmithUK (is still a better username than JaneSmith2298QA)
6) Modify your name
If all of those doesn’t work or your actual name is too big for your email username, you can try another simple email address idea which is to modify your same a bit. Try truncating it to create a short form.
- BillyJohnson can be easily created and turned into a short and sweet email address as BilJohnson
- Timothycruise can be easily turned to Timcruise (not TomCruise, though :P)
The next email name ideas will make you laugh out loud. XD
7) Couple Email Address Ideas
Try these email name ideas for couples:
- Use your relationship status: Couple email addresses like [email protected] or [email protected] can be used. (To get domain names like these you’ve to actually register domain names like just-engaged or lailasman. Check out this next section to see how to do it easily)
- Take her/his surname: If you’re taking his surname as your last name, use it to create a new couple email address. For example, Sarita Agarwal when married to Rajesh Goyal can make a new gmail username idea ([email protected] or something similar).
- Use your partner’s name as your domain: The true sense of being taken arises when your partner dominates your email name. Try registering domain names like [email protected] or [email protected] (For this you have to first buy domains on both of your names (example, ShaneWatson.com and Lorithomson.com. Here is a detailed tutorial to do that)
8) Funny Email Address Ideas
Looking for some funny email address ideas that add some fun element? Here are some cool and funny email name ideas that you might want to grab. (All funny email names suggestions are fictitious and similarity with existing ones are just co-incidental)
- Mayur Dikshit: Where Dikshit is a very popular surname in India and you could still break it to form funny email addresses like [email protected] (and it would sound like Mayur D**k S**t)
- Anu Spencer: could easily be a funny email address with just a natural looking email username combination where we use the first name and first letter of the surname making it an*[email protected]
- If you own a professional domain (read here how to own it) you can poke fun at the biggies with your cool email names like [email protected] or [email protected]
- Patricia Arty: Her college email id was one of the biggest funny email address examples you can ever find. She had an auto generated email username which was [email protected] which is totally opposite of what you would want to see as a college’s student email id.
- You could take a spin on superheroes and comic character using email ids at [email protected] or [email protected]
I hope you liked the above list of funny and weird email address ideas. We could go below the lines but didn’t want to, if you want more vulgar or adult email name ideas, a quick search on Quora will get you there. It simply is beyond the scope of our article.
9) How to Choose a Professional Email Name Address for Common Names?
Choosing a professional email address is much tougher than choosing a simple personal email address. You need to create an business email address you need to make sure it is professional and doesn’t look spammy.
The best way to get your professional email address is to invest in a domain (not more than $5 per year) because that looks more professional and you can use any username you like for different purposes.
When you create a professional email address on your own domain, you are free to choose whatever username you wish, even for your team members or a separate one for each separate purpose of email.
Professional email address examples:
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- [email protected] to name a few.
10) Alternatives to [email protected] email address
Looking for some best alternatives to [email protected] email address for your business? Here are a lot of creative email address name ideas to replace that boring [email protected] into something more inviting and more personalized email address. Let’s start:
- [email protected]: This is a great alternative to info email addresses if you mean business for your clients. It’s better than any of your [email protected] based typical business email addresses.
- [email protected]: Another substitute for info based addresses and getting a more personalized and inviting email username.
- You can also use any role based email addresses for your clients and visitors which defines who they are going to be in contact with. Like [email protected] or [email protected] if you want to get your visitors to connect with your editor or HR.
11) Alternatives to [email protected] email address
Here are some cool and more approachable [email protected] email address alternatives that you can use to make the process of client or visitor on-boarding more approachable and easy.
- [email protected]: This is a very popular and professional alternative to sales email addresses for business people. You are inviting them to get in talk and that’s what you should do rather than screaming SALES.
- [email protected]: This is a bit narrower alternative but more focused onto what you need with the customer or say what the customer can expect from you. Here, it means growth of their business or something similar. If you’re a company or agency getting more visibility for your customers, you can use [email protected] in place of [email protected] email address.
Best Practices for Picking the Perfect Professional Email Address
The best email addresses keep things simple. While using your name seems ideal, many simple first-last name combinations may have already been allocated to other digital users. Or, you may have a lengthy name or one that varies from traditional spelling formats, both of which can potentially create issues.
1. Keep things easy to remember
With so many people conducting business via the tiny screens of their mobile devices, misspelling an address is common, even if it’s something that would generally seem easy to spell correctly.
If you require your business contacts to remember something with a long string of letters and numbers, they may find it’s too difficult to contact you and move on to someone with an easier address.
2. Make it pronounceable
If you call or converse with someone and mention your email address, he or she should be able to accurately write or repeat the spelling of your username without having to ask you for clarification.
You’ll have to read your email address aloud often in business, so make sure it’s easy and doesn’t require a lot of explanation.
3. Choose your own domain
If you’re using an email service, Gmail is considered more up-to-date and relevant than AOL, for example – and this choice can color how recipients view your business. While there may be other great providers outside well-known ones like Gmail, it doesn’t do your business any favors to go with a technically-proficient platform that has an impossible-to-spell-or-remember name.
A personalized domain for your business can also be a good choice if you’re able to secure one. The same guidelines apply to creating your URL: make sure it’s memorable, spellable, and pronounceable.
Why Having Your Own Domain is Important?
- Builds trust and credibility
- Gives you and your business a more professional look
- Protect copyrights and trademarks
- Increases brand awareness
Additional Reading: How to Change Your Gmail Address – Everything You Need to Know
Having a good email address is very important, because it can make the difference between getting your dream job or not.