Wondering what the best email automation software is, and why it’s so valuable to your business? With the comprehensive email automation guide from Salesforce, you get a complete overview of how email marketing software can help grow your business and nurture customer relationships.
Email automation software lets you automate various operations in your email accounts by setting up triggers, tags, and other parameters. This can help save you time while driving greater efficiency and engagement with your campaigns. With so many tools of this kind to choose from, it can be difficult to find the one that best suits your needs. To help you make the right decision, we’ve put together a list of the top 10 email automation software products.
What makes the perfect email marketing automation tool
Before we get into the individual tools and their pros and cons, let’s have a word on what we’re actually looking for – what makes the best email marketing automation tools and how they are different from standard email marketing services.
There’s a handful of critical factors worth considering:
- The first thing we’re looking for is the ability to set up advanced communication sequences. Not just stuff like, “a person subscribes → gets a gift → end.”
- We need something where different emails can be sent based on the person’s activity or inactivity, with different communication paths going on at the same time, and with the same person possibly taking part in multiple such paths at the same time as well.
- We also need advanced stats. Those not only include clicks/conversions on individual emails, but the efficiency of a whole sequence, indicating bottlenecks in communication (where people usually drop off), and so on.
- Also related to stats, we want to see something like “subscriber personas” – a panel where we can check how a given person interacts with our messages, the sequences they went through, their engagement throughout, etc.
- Lastly, integration with e-commerce is key. After all, if we can benefit from automated emails anywhere, it’s for sure in e-commerce. You want to be able to send emails when someone buys, abandons cart, buys certain products, visits a product page multiple times but doesn’t buy (maybe send them a discount code), etc.
As an effective email marketing automation software, Let Constant Contact allows you to send powerful emails with unique designs. Also, it is simple to use. You can arrange Facebook fan promotions, coupons, and deals with Let Constant Contact.
As the other email marketing automation software in the market, it provides an autoresponder. One of the important parts of this email marketing automation software is its affordable prices.
- Clear overview of demographics of email recipients
- Simple and easy to use UI
- Excellent customer support
- Has Constant Contact branding at the bottom of the emails
- Email templates tend to distort based on the platform recipients’ use.
- Email builder is a bit limited in terms of designing options
Price based on number of contacts, starting at $20/mo
G2 Rating: 3.9 out of 5
A good option for smaller e-commerce stores
I think it’s fair to say that Drip’s focus is on smaller to medium-sized e-commerce businesses, whereas our next email marketing tool (Omnisend) seems better suited to the larger e-commerce stores.
As you’d expect, Drip integrates deeply with all mainstream e-commerce platforms like Shopify, Magento and WooCommerce – as well as the more obscure and custom-made ones.
With built-in revenue analytics and tools to engage customers across multiple channels (from social channels to SMS) Drip is ideally positioned as a powerful tool for growing e-commerce stores.
Their pricing is also palatable, starting at $19/month for small list sizes.
What are Drip’s key features?
- Visual automation
- Email and SMS marketing
- Dynamic e-commerce content blocks
- Discount codes
- e-commerce Segmentation
- e-commerce store integrations
- Reporting dashboards
- Split testing sequences
OptinMonster is a premium WordPress plugin that gives you the power to automatically collect and segment email addresses. These can be segmented based on the user’s activity, inactivity, cookies, geographical location, and more.
OptinMonster lets you build stunning lead generation forms that are proven to grow your email list.
With its easy-to-use drag and drop builder, 50+ lead generation form templates, and 6 different campaign types, your forms will both work and look great.
It also offers seamless integration with many of the leading email service providers. That means you can exponentially grow your email list with OptinMonster and then send personalized automated emails via your email service provider.
Email Marketing Automation with OptinMonster
OptinMonster also offers a Real-Time Behavior Automation engine. This powerful engine identifies what users are looking for and shows the perfect optin campaign that’s more likely to convert them into customers.
For example, you can:
- Detect when your visitors are actively leaving leave your site to show relevant campaigns to convert
- Show targeted campaigns to visitors based on the area of the site they are visiting
- Recognize how visitors interact with other offers and follow up with new targeted campaigns
- And much more…
In a nutshell, OptinMonster boosts your email list by showing the right optin campaigns to the right people at the right time.
That means you can also collect and tag emails based on the users’ behavior and other available information.
Once you have segmented your email list, the only thing you need to do is integrate OptinMonster with your favorite email marketing service. Then, you can start sending targeted emails.
Features like this make OptinMonster one of the best tools for your digital marketing strategy.
Want to know what the end results will look like with OptinMonster? Take a look at a few examples:
- Before using OptinMonster, AdamEnfroy.com was getting just a few email subscribers. With OptinMonster, he added over 3000 subscribers to his list, which brings in $20,000 each month.
- Cosmetic Capital increased leads by 300% using a floating bar optin.
- After switching from another popup software, the Eczema Company saw an instant 2.5X boost in conversions.
Pricing: Starts at $9/month (when billed annually), so it’s perfect for small businesses to get started.
Sendloop is really one of the best marketing automation software on the market. It has an easy-to-use interface that doesn’t require IT. So, you can customize your emails with a simple drag n-drop email builder. It offers more than 80 free email templates with some unique features.
You can refine a drip campaign by targeting the right people.
Sendloop enables you to track your customers’ movements on your site. By using this email automation software, you can run highly-effective email marketing campaigns.
- Drag and drop feature
- Provides WYSIWYG Email Editor so you can edit fast and easily
- Analysis track report
- Great technical support
- A bit expensive as it charges for subscribers not plans
- The interface is a bit over-siimplistic
- Lacks mobile-optimized emails
Service cost based on the number of subscribers. You can calculate your service cost from their website. The minimum cost is $9/mo for 500 subscriber and unlimited emails.
G2 Rating: 4.3 out of 5
Emailsmart is an email automation software that serves for small and medium-sized transactions that care about privacy, gdpr and security. Based in London, the company offers boutique solutions that are GDPR compliant and affordable.
- Unlimited contact size & billed only total emails sent
- GDPR Compliant for EU Users
- Affordable Prices
- Boutique service with excellent support team
- Integration options are lacking
A good option for marketing automation
Gone are the days where email marketing is about sending bulk newsletters.
In today’s digital landscape, it’s essential for email marketing to be smart; sending the right messages to the right leads at the right time, automatically.
That’s why all of our top ten email marketing providers provide marketing automation. As the name would suggest, this is Autopilot’s forte. To boot, they have one of the best-designed canvases for building email automation sequences.
Anyone who has ever built an email automation sequence knows how quickly they can become confusing. Autopilot solves this in a rather quirky way, allowing you to annotate your automation sequences with emojis, stickers and explanations, making it easy for teams to collaborate on building sequences.
Yes, it can get messy – but I’d rather that and be able to understand what’s going on, than having beautiful automation sequences that take half an hour to interpret.
Another feature I love about Autopilot is its ability to trigger actions in your other tools inside Autopilot. This saves having to configure integrations using a tool like Zapier and makes your sequences much easier to understand.
Autopilot’s reporting is also excellent, though, I’ll go into this in more detail in our section on reporting and analytics below.
Starting at $49/month for 2,000 contacts, Autopilot is far from the cheapest option, particularly considering that Autopilot does not offer an in-built CRM. However, Autopilot is extremely intuitive and great for teams that need to collaborate on powerful email automation sequences. If we had to move from ActiveCampaign, this is likely where we’d go.
Email automation is an effective way to improve business workflows, save time and reach more customers.