A content strategy is an organized, long-term approach to creating and delivering valuable content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience – and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action. No matter what kind of business you’re in, content is the key driver for your marketing. Your ability to create and deliver the right content will set you apart from your competitors. Content is no longer just a form of marketing collateral; it is the marketing channel itself. There are multiple ways to generate online leads for your business. Email marketing is one of the most popular ways to reach a larger audience organically over time. The trick lies in how you design your email!
Email marketing is the best for lead generation. You can use your email to drive massive number of leads by adding only two elements: a high-quality squeeze page and great autoresponder system. Email marketing is one of the best ways to generate leads and boost your business. It’s cost-effective, easy to set up and maintain, and you can use it for everything from announcing new products to sharing helpful resources with customers. However, if you want to get the most out of email marketing for lead generation, there are some strategies you can use for a better outcome. Let’s take a look at how you can improve your email marketing strategy so that more people sign up for your list and become buyers in the future:
Offer up a content upgrade
- Content upgrades are a great way to generate leads and give your existing subscribers more value.
- Content upgrades are any kind of free gift you can offer in exchange for someone’s email address. They can be:
- Cheat sheets
- Worksheets or templates (ex: PDFs)
- Your content upgrade should be relevant to the topic of your email. For example, if you write about social media marketing, then a checklist on “How To Create An Effective Social Media Marketing Strategy” would work well as a content upgrade that helps you collect emails from interested readers.
Give something away for free
- GIVE AWAY AN EBOOK:
- For the best results, give away a FREE ebook. If you sell your products at $10 or $20 each, then give away a free ebook. You can give away an ebook on your product, but also on topics that are related to your industry. You can use this as an opportunity for people to get familiar with who you are and what you do.
- GIVE AWAY A WEBINAR:
- Webinars are great because they allow people to ask questions in real-time while they’re watching the webinar and there will always be someone watching live who wants more information from you than what was shown in the recording of your webinar so this makes it easy for them if they have any questions during the presentation itself which means that those questions may not even be answered by anyone else after the fact either!
Put your emails on autopilot
- Set up a drip campaign.
You can set up an email drip campaign to send emails at the right time and in the right order. You can also adjust your drip campaign based on how people engage with it (or don’t). If you want to send out special offers or discounts, use an automation tool like Klaviyo or Mailchimp to schedule these messages according to what someone has purchased in the past or when they’ve made a purchase recently.
- Use automation to send emails at the right time.
A lot of businesses use automation tools like Klaviyo and Mailchimp because they help companies connect with their customers throughout their customer journey by sending them relevant information at key moments along that path. For example, if someone buys something from you, you could automatically follow up with them via email so they know what’s happening next and where they can find additional information about whatever product(s) they just bought—all without having to lift a finger! That’s just one example of using this type of technology; there are countless ways it can be used effectively for good (and not-so-good).
Create a compelling headline
The headline is the most important part of your email. You only have a few seconds to grab the readers’ attention, so you have to make sure you get it right.
The best way to create a compelling headline is by creating one that’s short and to-the-point. Make sure it clearly conveys what your email is about and piques their interest enough for them to click on it.
Here are some examples:
- “5 Tips on How I Made $100K in My First Year as an Entrepreneur!” – This headline would appeal directly to someone who wants to start their own business or make more money as an entrepreneur.
- “My Favorite Quotes From My Favorite Authors” – This one might not be as direct, but if done right, it could still attract many people because everyone loves quotes (and saying you like something doesn’t mean much).
Reduce friction in your sign-up form
- Reduce friction in your sign-up form.
- Make sure the form is easy to fill out on all devices. You can do this by making sure your form is mobile-friendly, using a short, clear and simple sign up form, or reducing the number of input fields (e.g., from three to one).
- Be mindful of the length of your lead generation forms as well. If you have too many questions in it, people will be less likely to complete it; if you ask too few questions they won’t get a good idea whether they’re a fit for what you’re selling, which means they could fall through the cracks later on down the line when it comes time for them to become customers or even just potential customers!
Keep it short and simple
Keeping your emails short and simple is a good idea for a number of reasons.
- Short and simple emails are more likely to be read than long ones.
- Short and simple emails are more likely to be acted on than long ones.
- People who don’t like to read will often prefer shorter, simpler emails.
- Busy people tend to prefer shorter, simpler emails (or at least those who don’t want to read a lot of material).
Write in the second person
When you write in the second person, it feels more personal and engaging. The word “you” has a lot more power than “we” or “they”, because it directly addresses the recipient of your email.
When you write in the second person, you can use words like “your” to further show that this message is for them specifically. This makes your message feel tailored to each individual reader on an emotional level.
Come up with an emotional hook
- Use an emotional hook.
You want to motivate your reader to act, and the easiest way to do that is through emotion. Instead of just saying “Download this ebook” or even “Learn how to lose 20 pounds in 4 weeks” you can say something like: “Don’t let your fears stop you from living a healthier life!”
- Get readers interested before they even open an email by using relevant images and headlines that are connected with what they signed up for (you will learn more about this later). For example, if one of the main benefits of your product is weight loss then use an image of someone who has lost weight with your product on their body or headshot with them looking slimmed down after taking it for several months (if possible).
Learn how to improve lead generation with email marketing
Email marketing is a powerful lead generation tool. It’s a low cost way to generate leads, it helps you build relationships with your customers and it can also be used to build trust and brand awareness.
Email marketing is an inexpensive way of getting in front of your target audience on a regular basis. The best part? You don’t even have to be selling anything directly! If you are selling something online, there are many ways you can use email lists as part of your sales funnel or opt-in campaigns. For example:
- You could send out an email marketing campaign asking people who are interested in certain topics or products/services related to yours for their email addresses so that they receive more information about what you do via email (this is often called “capture pages).
- You could send out monthly newsletters with interesting content relevant to their interests (such as blog posts from industry experts) encouraging them over time if they like what they see then eventually offer them something unique such as discounts on specific products/services; or maybe even invite them along on upcoming events etc..
Email marketing is a powerful tool for lead generation, but if you don’t know how to use it properly, then your efforts will be wasted. The best way to start generating leads from your email marketing is by understanding what makes your audience tick and creating content that resonates with them. By following these tips, you can be sure that your emails will always be engaging and relevant enough for them to want more information!