Organizing and managing your nonprofit organization’s email has never been easier. In this article, we highlight the best free email program for nonprofits, as well as a few more affordable options. Once you choose your email software for nonprofits, the next step is to set it up. But what about all those supporter data? And there are so many technical details beyond choosing the right software: Do you use one list or several? How do I create segments? What if I want to segment based on donor location? What if I have a few target locations where I want my email to go out? Open vs. click-through reports and tracking URLs, how can they help me? This sounds overwhelming! Let us walk you through the process step-by-step and make sure your campaigns are a success. With so many email programs out there, it can be hard to pick one. But you need a good program if you want to run your nonprofit. Here’s what you should look for in an email software, plus our favorites!
Mailchimp is an email marketing service provider and an excellent solution for nonprofits to manage their donor lists and send campaigns. It helps the nonprofit organizations to create, send and track email campaigns effectively. As a nonprofit or non-profit organization, you have to comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. This law defines the rules on how and when you can send commercial emails like newsletter campaigns, event invitation etc. In this article, we’ll guide you through a step-by-step process on how MailChimp can boost your fundraising efforts by helping to create successful email campaigns easily. Do you work at a nonprofit organization? Or, do you know someone who does? Chances are they need a way to communicate with their donors, volunteers, staff and other important people in their organization. Not only that, but they also need an easy-to-use system that helps them listen to what people are saying about their organization. Oh yeah — it may also be helpful if their software is free. Well, guess what! There is a free software for nonprofits that can do the trick.
What to Look for in Email Software
When choosing an email marketing solution for your nonprofit, there are several things to consider.
- Reliability: How often does the system go down? Does it slow to a crawl after reaching a certain number of subscribers? Is there redundancy in place so that if one server goes down, others can pick up the slack?
- Security: What type of security features does this software have? Are they easy to use and understand or do you need to hire an IT professional just to manage them? Will they protect against viruses and other cyber threats like phishing emails and spoofing attacks. If you’re unsure about any of these things or have any other concerns regarding data privacy or confidentiality, talk it out with potential vendors before signing on with anyone.
- Scalability: Can you grow into this service as your organization grows—and vice versa—without having to pay extra fees every time something changes at either end (your organization getting bigger or the provider requiring more resources)?
- Ease of Use: Is this tool easy for non-techy people like volunteers and board members who don’t want their inboxes cluttered with complicated coding language ala HTML tags all day long; does it integrate seamlessly into existing systems like Salesforce CRM which nonprofits often use; how much training required before getting started using it efficiently; what kinds of support options available should users run into trouble along way through setup process?”
The Best Email Software
The best email software is MailChimp, Klaviyo and Constant Contact.
MailChimp is the best email marketing software for nonprofits because it’s free for nonprofit organizations. It also has many features that you can use to grow your donor list and keep the people on it engaged. Here are some of the ways MailChimp helps nonprofits:
- Automatically segment subscribers into lists based on interests, behaviors, etc. so you can send targeted messages to specific groups of supporters (perfect if you have multiple campaigns going on at once). This can help increase engagement with your supporters and drive more clicks through to your website or other fundraising pages (which raises money for your cause!).
- Create advanced reports so you know exactly how well each campaign performed in terms of open rates, click-through rates and unsubscribes over time – no guesswork required!
Free Email Accounts for Nonprofits
Do you want a free email account for your nonprofit?
Of course you do! Who wouldn’t? Even if your organization has the budget to pay for an email service provider, it doesn’t hurt to know about all of the free options out there. We’ve compiled a list of some of the best ones that we could find.
There are many different kinds of software available.
There are many different kinds of software available. You can use free email accounts and free email hosting, but these won’t offer the same level of support or data protection that you need for your organization.
The best solution is to work with a company like Klaviyo (a paid service) or Google, which offers both paid and free options. These companies have been in business for years, so they’re reliable and have experience dealing with nonprofits. This kind of software has the right features for nonprofits:
- It’s easy to set up an autoresponder campaign so people can sign up without having to go through a lengthy form process every time they want more information from you.
- You can track how many people open each email message and how many click on links within it so you know what parts of your message are working well—and which ones aren’t getting read by potential donors!
Google for Nonprofits
Google for Nonprofit is a suite of free tools, but it’s so much more than that. In addition to the 16 tools listed above (that’s right—16!), this platform comes with premium support and over 100 additional business tools that can help you get your nonprofit up and running in no time.
To get started, sign up for an account here!
Dreamhost for Nonprofits
Dreamhost is a great choice for nonprofit organizations. The company offers a variety of hosting options, including shared hosting, VPS hosting, cloud hosting and dedicated servers. They also offer special pricing plans for nonprofits: you can get $100 off your first year’s bill when you use the code “NGO” at checkout.
Bluehost for Nonprofits
Bluehost is a great option for nonprofits that need a web host.
Bluehost is also a great option for nonprofits that need email hosting.
If you’re looking for the best nonprofit domain registration service, Bluehost can help!
If you’re interested in getting an SSL certificate for your website, Bluehost can make it happen!
These 3 services offer nonprofit-friendly web hosting, email hosting, and possibly other services
Dreamhost is one of the best web hosting services for nonprofits. You can use Dreamhost to build a website or blog, send and receive email with your own domain name, and more. A basic Dreamhost plan costs $10 per month. The company offers several different plans with different levels of storage space and bandwidth for you to choose from depending on how many people will be accessing your site and what features you want included (or not). As an added bonus, Dreamhost has an excellent reputation among developers who rely on it as a platform for their projects—including some really cool ones like this site that uses data from Twitter feeds to paint portraits of celebrities!
We hope you’ve found this guide useful, and that it’s inspired you to take another look at your own email marketing strategy. Remember: the best options will always be those that are tailored specifically to your needs. If you’re looking for more information on how nonprofit organizations can benefit from using email software, then we encourage you to check out our blog post about it!