We have a lot of options when it comes to sending out newsletters. Some services like Aweber and Mailchimp make it super simple, while others like SendReach require a bit more work. It all comes down to what you’re comfortable with and what your budget looks like. Let’s talk about some of the best email services for newsletters in this post.
Looking to replace your current email service? Here are a list of what I believe are the best email services for creating, sending, and tracking newsletters. First off, thank you for considering my list if you haven’t already. I’ve spent hours and hours researching the best newsletter solutions around for my audience (I’ll soon tell you about it).
Why Choosing The Best Email Marketing Service is Important?
Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective marketing strategy for small businesses. According to the Direct Marketing Association, email marketing on average sees a 4300 percent return on investment (ROI) for businesses in the United States.
This is because email marketing is easy to manage, gives you full control, and allows you to establish a direct contact with your customers.
Not convinced on email marketing? See these 6 reasons why building an email list is so important today.
It’s important to understand that a lot of your success with email marketing depends entirely on the email marketing software you choose because they are responsible for making sure that your emails actually get delivered.
If you aren’t careful, then you will end up paying a lot more money for fewer marketing features and terrible email deliverability rates (which causes you to lose even more money).
What to Look for in a Good Email Marketing Tool?
A good email marketing service should enable you to create highly engaging email newsletters with an easy user interface (ideally drag-and-drop editor).
You should be able to easily send bulk emails that are actually personalized and targeted without a lot of work. This is also known as marketing automation.
Aside from that, your email marketing service must make it easy to manage your contact list, segment users into groups, and track the performance of your email marketing campaigns.
Most importantly, a good email service provider ensures that your email campaigns do not end up in the spam folder.
Having said that, let’s take a look at some of the most popular email marketing service providers and how they stack up against each other.
Choosing the Best Email Newsletter Software
Finding the right email marketing software is crucial to working out what works best for your business. That said, just because one email marketing solution is popular doesn’t mean it’s the right fit for you.
Comparing one service to another is sure to be an overwhelming task, so we’ve done the hard work and detailed the critical aspects of an email marketing service to look out for.
When choosing the best email service, look for the following essential things:
- Easy to use: If an email marketing service isn’t easy enough for you to use, you won’t be able to achieve the results you need for your business. At the same time, the service you choose should have good customer support for when you need it.
- Automation features: All the best software on the market offer solutions to automate your email marketing campaigns. Look at the automation offered from each provider and work out, which suits your needs best.
- Different Industries: Some email services are geared towards specific industries. For example, Keap is aimed at marketing and sales, while ConvertKit is best for publishers. If a service isn’t aimed at your particular industry, you’ll need to find a solution that’s a better fit for your business.
- Overall price: Naturally, you’ll have a budget you need to stick to, so check the pricing for each service carefully before making a decision.
Now that you know what to look for let’s compare the best email newsletter services for your business.
Constant Contact is an excellent email newsletter service for small businesses. It’s super-easy to use and suitable for all industries. So even if you’re a freelancer looking to secure new clients or a fashion retailer who wants to sell more products, it’s got everything you need to grow and improve your business.
You could even be a blogger looking to get your first 1,000 subscribers. Even so, this platform has everything you need.
With over 100 professionally designed email templates and sign-up forms, it’s easy to get started quickly. And the intuitive drag and drop email builder helps you build your newsletter in a matter of minutes.
You can also take advantage of the following excellent features:
- Automatically send personalized emails to your email list
- Upload your list from several places including Outlook, Gmail, and Excel for easy list management
- Keep track of unsubscribers, inactive email addresses, and bounced emails
- Discover where people are clicking on your emails with the heat-tracking feature
- Segment your email lists to improve open rates and clicks
- Make data-driven decisions based on campaign statistics which you can view in your dashboard
- Use excellent customer service in the form of live chat, email, phone support, and forums
- Learn from helpful articles published on the Constant Contact blog
You won’t need a credit card to give Constant Contact’s 60-day free trial a go. And if you’re happy with the service, the plans start at $20 per month.
Sendinblue is both an email marketing service and SMS software, created with simplicity and ease of use in mind. It offers everything you need to develop actionable email newsletters without getting weighed down by complicated settings.
Use any of the free responsive newsletter templates to build your emails and customize them with the drag and drop email builder. You can also access the HTML editor to tweak your custom design and create custom fields for your email.
Here are a few more of Sendinblue’s more advanced features:
- Help people receive their emails at the right time with 8 automation workflows
- Pick the best times to send your emails to specific subscribers and automate the campaigns.
- Use real-time statistics, heat mapping, A/B testing, and detailed reports to optimize your campaigns
- Customize your transactional emails and send personalized emails to customers
- Send your emails via text message with a few easy clicks
- Use the lead scoring features to rank your leads and email potential customers
- Utilize live chat software integrated into your account
Sendinblue has a free plan that provides unlimited storage for your contacts and 300 emails per day. This is ideal for giving the service a try to see if it’s the best solution for your business.
Then, to give it a go, the plans start at $23 per month.
To grow your newsletter lists, HubSpot offers a drag and drop builder to help you create optin forms or popups. You can even add live chat and chatbots to grow your email list with conversational chat.
No matter how people join your newsletter lists, HubSpot will save their details to the integrated CRM, where you can divide your contacts up into as many segments as needed and easily send them emails.
Here are some of the other great newsletter features that you get with HubSpot:
- Create emails easily with the drag and drop email builder
- View detailed email engagement analytics, including opens, clicks, and more
- Use built-in A/B testing and send-time optimization to improve your opens
- Available as a free WordPress plugin to send emails without leaving your WordPress dashboard
- Use powerful personalization options to customize your newsletters for each contact
- 99% email deliverability rate so that you can be confident your newsletters will make it to subscribers’ inboxes
- Access top-notch customer support via phone, live chat, or email
HubSpot’s free plan lets you send up to 2,000 emails per month for free with no credit card required.
After that, paid plans including live chat, and forms start at $45 per month.
Omnisend is a powerful SMS & email marketing service for eCommerce businesses who are looking for an omni-channel marketing automation solution.
They offer one of the most generous free email marketing plans because it includes all the powerful features like pre-built automation workflows, subscriber segmentation, A/B testing, performance reports, and even SMS + web push notification.
Most other free email marketing plans are restricted, but Omnisend is confident in their value proposition, so they offer most everything in their free plan. As your contact list grows, you will need to upgrade to their paid plans.
Omnisend seamlessly integrates with all the popular website builder and eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, and more. They also have integration with hundreds of other business tools like live chat software, help desk service, and more.
The best thing that we liked about Omnisend is their pre-built eCommerce marketing automation workflows that are designed to help you drive more revenue. This includes emails like welcome email series, cart abandonment emails, cross-sell emails, and more.
Their email builder is very easy to use and comes with a large selection of email templates, so you can create beautiful, on-brand campaigns. Once it’s set up, you can personalize the email using their powerful targeting and segmentation features.
What a lot of users love about Omnisend is that they offer SMS built-in, so you don’t have to pay for a separate software, and their SMS feature allows you to send messages in 209 regions across the world.
Omnisend free email marketing plan allows you to contact up to 250 subscribers, and their paid plans start at $16 per month.
Drip is a powerful enterprise email marketing platform for eCommerce, bloggers, and digital marketers. They offer a wide range of tools to make marketing automation, sales funnels, and personalization easy.
Their email software offer seamless integration for all popular website builders including WordPress and WooCommerce. This allows you to easily add pop-ups / opt-in sign up forms to your website and capture more leads.
What sets Drip apart from the competition like Campaign Monitor is their intelligent marketing automation tools, smarter email segmenting, split testing features, list groups, and a visual drag and drop builder for automation workflows. These features allow you to reach targeted customers in your email list to get more sales.
Support options at Drip include live chat support, webinars, automation training, detailed courses, free guides and excellent documentation.
We use Drip for several of our businesses because it allows us to send bulk emails while connecting and engaging with every customer on a personal level using their smart eCommerce marketing automation.
Their eCommerce revenue attribution feature shows us exactly how much revenue we generate from each email marketing campaign.
Even though it’s a bit pricey, we believe Drip is the best email marketing software for eCommerce websites and business owners who want more advanced features to maximize their marketing efforts.
Drip offers a free trial, and their plans starts from $49 / month which includes all their features.
Recently, they’ve added SMS notification as a feature to all plans which allows you to connect with your users on both email and SMS marketing channel. This makes them a true all-in-one email marketing platform for store owners.
Promoting your business online usually means using a variety of different tools and services. One of the most invaluable items you probably won’t be able to live without is the email account you will use to send newsletters and leads through.