Hello World! In this article I’m listing some of the best free online editing tools that will help you get started with your Youtube videos today! Now before we get started, I’d like to point out that while most of these tools do offer a free version, some of them only offer limited features for free. These tools are not listed in any particular order and all of them do have a variety of additional features.
There are so many website and blogs for you to choose from, but what can you use? This article provides you with a list of the best free editing software programs for you to edit your Youtube videos.
Available on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Blender, one of the best free video editing software on the market, is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Blender is an open source program that is entirely free to use. The tool was actually designed as a 3D animation suite, but it does come with a very good video editor app. Blender’s video editor should be enough for most of your video needs.
The editor allows you to perform basic actions like video cuts and splicing. You can also use it to carry out more complex tasks like video masking. This makes it a very flexible video editor that caters to both beginner and advanced users.
The Blender Video Editor includes the following features:
- Live preview, luma waveform, chroma vectorscope, and histogram displays.
- Audio mixing, syncing, scrubbing, and waveform visualization.
- Up to 32 slots for adding video, images, audio, and effects.
- Speed control, adjustment layers, transitions, keyframes, filters, and more.
Pros: Perfect for advanced users who are not put off by all the features.
Cons: The sheer array of features make the learning curve a little steeper. Most of the tutorials are focused on the 3D animation/modeling side. The resources to help you with the video editor are very limited.
Best for: More advanced projects that may involve 3D animation.
Blender Reviews: Check out Blender user reviews
Available on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Lightworks is another great free video editing software, available on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Lightworks is one of the more powerful video editors on the list. It’s packed with tons of useful features. The free version should be more than enough for most users.
- Lightworks’ free version includes: High precision video trimming.
- Multicam support.
- Export to 720p for YouTube.
- A wide range of video formats supported.
While most features are included, 4K video support for YouTube and Vimeo is only included in the paid version of the software, which costs around $25 a month.
Compared to Blender, Lightworks has many great video tutorials which can make it quicker to get up and running. Check out this feature comparison to make sure the free version has what you need. If the free version doesn’t meet your requirements, you can consider one of Lightworks’ paid video editor programs.
Pros: Very powerful video editor with many advanced features.
Cons: 4K video support only in paid version. Some users may find Lightworks too advanced.
Best for: All-round desktop video editing.
Lightworks Reviews: Check out Lightworks user reviews
Best free video editing software for beginners
VideoPad is one of the great free editing programs for anyone who wants to create high-quality videos without spending a dime. With VideoPad, you’ll find all kinds of simple and easy-to-use features—such as 3D video editing and a sound effects library—to try different video compositions and styles.
You can edit your videos with special effects, overlays, texts, and transition, as well as color adjustment and sound effects. Then export all your finished video to YouTube, Facebook, Google Drive, and other mobile devices quickly and easily.
The only drawback is that it may be too simple for advanced video editors. It doesn’t come with as many advanced features as some of the other free video editing software on this list, but with options to add light effects, fine tune colors, and overlay text and images, there’s enough here to make it worth the free download.
- Double built-in screen (one to preview selected clips, one to preview complete sequence) for easy and intuitive editing
- Pre-made, customizable transitions for polished professionalism
- Exporting presets to easily create video files optimized for specific platforms—such as Facebook and YouTube—and post them directly from within the software
- Social media sharing and publishing tools to share videos online instantly
- A large library of video transitions and visual effects to customize videos
- Video optimization tools, such as stabilization
Available for: Mac, Windows
Simple free video editing software with professional visual effects and tutorials
If you don’t have a lot of experience with video editing, HitFilm Express may feel a little advanced at first—it’s used to produce Hollywood-style films—but it’s worth the learning curve, as it’s one of the best all-in-one free video editors available. (HitFilm does ask you to share a social media status update when you download the software, but that’s a small price to pay.)
The free video and editing software includes animation tools that let you create and edit audio and video transitions without the need to create composite shots, which is a huge time saver when editing.
- Professional-grade video editing with motion tracking, color pickers, and cropping tools
- Composite shot enhancements that allow you to animate two separate shots together for surreal video effects
- An auto-stabilizer to make shaky footage look smooth
- Unlimited video and audio timeline track creation
- An adaptive trimmer that lets you re-trim your clips after adding them to the timeline
- Ability to copy a group of attributes from one clip and apply them directly to another or to a whole project
- Audio mixer for fine tuning sound for professional quality output
- Various transition options, such as push, zoom, and dissolve
Available for: Mac and Windows
Price: Free, $349 for the Pro version
Platforms: Mac, iOS
If you’re a Mac or iPhone user, you’re probably familiar with iMovie. We think it’s one of the best options out there for YouTube influencers who need an easy-to-use software for Macs. iMovie offers up the basic video editing features you’d expect like cropping, trimming, and clip arrangement. You can also use it to add visual effects or titles to your videos as well as editing audio files, so iMovie covers your bases. And, once you have your video looking just how you want it, you can share directly to YouTube, Facebook, and Vimeo quickly and easily.
Today we’re going to be listing 5 free editing programs that can really help you take your YouTube videos to another level. Each of these editing programs has something special about it that might suit your own individual needs.