Email marketing is one of the most powerful ways to reach your audience. Yet, most do not take advantage of this opportunity because they simply need to buy a professional email marketing software with high cost. If you are also looking for best free email marketing software solutions that can help you and your business grow, here are three top options: 1. MailChimp 2. Constant Contact 3. AWeber
Email marketing is one of the most important pieces of any online business. It gives you a direct connection to customers and is much more immediate then social media, SEO or any other type of marketing. So why not, as a small business owner, save some money and pick up one of the best free email marketing software solutions on the market?
What to look for in a free email marketing service
How we evaluate and test apps
All of our best apps roundups are written by humans who’ve spent much of their careers using, testing, and writing about software. We spend dozens of hours researching and testing apps, using each app as it’s intended to be used and evaluating it against the criteria we set for the category. We’re never paid for placement in our articles from any app or for links to any site—we value the trust readers put in us to offer authentic evaluations of the categories and apps we review. For more details on our process, read the full rundown of how we select apps to feature on the Zapier blog.
Full-featured email marketing apps and free ones are far from mutually exclusive. There are tons of options that offer flexible subscriber and send thresholds along with the robust features small businesses need—for free. If you’re just getting started or want to try out a few options before committing to a paid plan, you have plenty of choices.
Here’s what we looked for when testing free email marketing software:
- The number of subscribers and sends included for free. Some apps are generous in this regard, offering thousands of free sends per month, while others include low caps that mean your “free” platform isn’t free for very long. We kept this in mind while testing.
- Email templates and customization. You shouldn’t have to start your email marketing operation from scratch. The best free options come with at least a few fully-designed and professional templates to get your campaigns started.
- Audience segmentation. Success with email relies on being able to deliver the right emails to the right people at the right time. For growing businesses, that means you need capable audience segmentation features with any email marketing app you choose.
- Automation. From transactional emails to triggered campaigns and more, a growing business needs to be able to automate email marketing as your efforts scale.
- Scalability. Speaking of, the best free email app can grow with your business—from free to paid when necessary, adding more features and higher limits as you go.
- Full email marketing features. There are plenty of capable apps designed for one particular type of email (like newsletters, for example), but for our purposes here, we focused on full-featured apps you can use across your email marketing operation.
HubSpot, probably best known for their marketing automation platform, recently launched a free email marketing tool that can support a lot of a small business’ transactional email needs.
Whether you need to send kickback emails from lead offers, thank you emails after purchase, or just promote current campaigns, HubSpot Email Marketing’s free version can do that. One of the best parts of HubSpot’s free email tool is its ease of use. The tool features a handy drag-and-drop visual editor, and it also comes equipped with ready-made templates to get you up and running immediately.
What makes HubSpot Email Marketing stand out is, of course, its native integration with other HubSpot tools, such as the free-forever CRM. Once you start an account, you get access to both tools so you can create a centralized contacts database, organize it in lists, and manage and track email performance.
Free Plan: Up to unlimited subscribers and 300 emails per day
Paid plans: Start at $25 per month
SendinBlue offers a range of plans aimed at firms at different stages of their growth:
- Free – for those getting started with SendinBlue
- Lite – for new marketers
- Essential – for growing businesses
- Premium – for marketing pros
- Enterprise – for marketers who need more
The Free plan limits users to sending 300 emails per day to unlimited contacts. Higher plans remove the daily sending limit (replacing it with a monthly figure), remove the SendinBlue logo from emails, and expand channels to include Facebook ads, landing pages, and marketing automation.
Users of all plans gain access to a mobile-friendly email designer, an email template library, email and SMS personalization, SMS marketing, and A/B testing.
Free Plan: Up to 500 emails per month
Paid plans: Start at $16 per month
Omnisend is an all-inclusive marketing automation platform. The free plan, though, is designed for merchants starting to promote their products with email marketing. While the free plan comes with a limited number of international SMS credits and Web Push notifications, you can purchase additional SMS credits if needed. In addition, the free plan allows you to use email campaigns and automated workflows to reach your customers with relevant messages – if you don’t exceed sending 500 emails per month.
If you opt for the standard plan, you can send 12x your contact list size; you also receive a limited number of SMS credits and unlimited Web Push notifications. Should you need additional SMS credits, these are available for purchase. The paid plans also significantly increase the number of segments. For instance, you can set up a flow to automatically reach people who reached a particular webpage in your online store but left or people who abandoned their shopping cart before completing the purchase.All plans come with the ability to segment your contact lists, build automations, and use features like popup boxes, sign-up boxes, landing pages, and the wheel of fortune.
Sender is one of the best free email marketing tools in the market with features to ensure deliverability. It lets you create stunning newsletters without any HTML knowledge. Just choose from a template and customize it with elements like images, videos and text. You can even personalize your newsletters for each recipient to create an even bigger impact.
Sender’s robust analytics feature is one of the top reasons why it’s on our list. It lets you track who opened your emails and clicked on the links, when they were opened and more. It even helps you build accurate buyer profiles based on your subscriber actions, so you’ll be able to optimize your existing email strategy and craft compelling offers.
One of the most popular email marketing apps thanks to its friendly branding, Mailchimp is a great place to start your email marketing program if you’re planning to scale it quickly. The app includes a landing page builder, customer journey mapping, marketing automation, list segmentation, retargeting ads, and even A/B testing—all in its free plan.
An approachable editor that includes helpful tips and best practices along the way makes Mailchimp an accessible option for both new and experienced email marketers. For example, when setting up a subject line, a sidebar reminds you about recommended character length, emoji use in subject lines, and more.
Once you’re ready to move beyond what the free plan offers, Mailchimp makes scaling accessible with three different paid tiers. Plus, Mailchimp can handle email programs of any size: if you can afford to let it grow with you, you’ll never have to switch to another app.
Mailchimp integrates with Zapier, allowing you to do things like automatically subscribe new form responders, leads, or spreadsheet entries to a Mailchimp list.
MailerLite is one of the best free email marketing services that gained popularity in the last two years. This tool makes it easier for users to improve interaction using pop-ups and surveys.
How many emails/subscribers do you get for free?
The free plan will let you send up to 1,000 emails without having to spend a dime. And while the free version will give you access to nearly all of the essential email marketing features, you might have to miss out on some advanced features.
By that, I mean you won’t get access to customizable templates, get live chat support or check CTR using a heatmap, or perform A/B testing. You can unlock all this for $10.00 per month. If you want to increase the subscribers limit to 2,500 then you need to spend $15 per month instead.
What makes this one of the best free email marketing software?
- You can create beautiful email newsletters, pop-ups, and surveys.
- Easily design a mobile-optimized email template for free.
- Send a newsletter to your global subscribers at optimum time using delivery-by-time-zone.
- You’d be able to control your backend using the custom HTML editor.
- Find the most converting landing page using A/B split testing and heatmap analysis.
- The dedicated support team for providing high-class live chat experience (premium plan)
- Get access to 49+ newsletter templates for blog, eCommerce, business, and more.
- Has an API for developers built on HTTP and REST.
Who should use it?
MailerLite can be used for creating landing pages (for webinars, for example), pop-ups, and surveys from a single dashboard. All this plus the heatmap testing makes it ideal for startups, small to mid-sized businesses and eCommerce stores who need good deliverability.
As a business owner, you know the value of having email marketing software. With a few mouse clicks, you can have a streamlined email marketing system for your small business. Running email campaigns will be easy with these free email marketing solutions.