Looking for the Best Marketing Automation tools for Ecommerce business? It was not easy to find out. You can start with our comparison table. It shows you all important features in relation to different price plans, ease of use, dashboard functionality, reporting features and integrations with other tools.
If you’re an online retailer, you know how challenging it can be to drive traffic to your ecommerce website. This buyer’s guide lists the best marketing automation tools for ecommerce, which can help you generate qualified sales leads and increase your conversion rate.
ActiveCampaign’s pricing makes it an attractive option, with good value for money spanning across a number of features. Its feature set is more focused on acquisition than conversion, so marketers looking for landing pages will be disappointed.
- Pricing – starts from $17/month, rising depending on the feature set and the number of contacts.
- Ease of use – A simple platform with a wide variety of self-learning guides and courses makes this an ideal option for those happy to work their own way through it – more substantive services have to come from a partner agency.
- Features – Email Marketing, Site and Event Tracking, Contact and Lead Scoring, SMS Messaging.
- Best for – Smaller businesses looking for a good entry-level solution.
If you’ve heard of any marketing automation software, it’s likely to be MailChimp. Many think of it as solely email marketing, but it’s actually a full-scale marketing platform offering a CRM, design, website and campaign services.
- Pricing – While a free option is available, the paid version starts at $9.99/month, scaling to $299.99/month for all the bells and whistles.
- Ease of use – most digital marketers will have some familiarity with MailChimp so you’re not starting from zero. With plenty of DIY guides and 24/7 support available from the cheapest.
- Features – Email Marketing, Site Tracking, CRM, Audience Insights, Behavioural Targeting, Social and Search Marketing, Website Integration, Drip Campaigns, Website Visitor Tracking, Landing Pages, Forms.
- Best for – small to medium businesses set to grow, people who are looking for an all-in-one marketing platform.
Keap (formerly InfusionSoft)
Keap offers customer tracking and daily task management all in one place, promising to free marketers up from the repetitive tasks to focus on the creative.
- Pricing – free trial, then prices start from $79/month.
- Features – Analytics/ROI tracking, Segmentation, ROI/Analytics, Drip Campaigns, Landing Pages, Website Visitor Tracking, Search/Social Campaigns.
- Ease of use – you get training when you purchase the software, although some reviewers on Capterra have said that because of the endless applications and possibilities, they need extra training to access the full power.
- Best for – Keap says it’s specifically geared to smaller businesses and is also widely used by startups and entrepreneurs. One Capterra reviewer says it’s perfect for eCommerce.
One of the most-recognized names in marketing automation tools, HubSpot offers a full stack of sales, marketing, and CRM tool dedicated to business growth (we also use it here at Yieldify). Its products integrate online and social media marketing activities, including email, SEO, contacts, and analytics.
- Pricing – Prices range from free to $2,400 a month.
- Ease of use – Good, and improving regularly with recently-added features such as drag-and-drop email builders.
- Features – Calls-to-Action, Progressive Profiling, A/B Testing Landing Pages, Segmentation, SEO Recommendations, Blog Analytics, Integrated Social Publishing.
- Best for – Marketers who need a powerful, all-in-one tool for segmentation, contact management, push-button social media control, and report creation. Hubspot’s weakness is that it’s not really built for eCommerce, but this is changing with features such as a native Shopify integration and ability to connect a custom store.
Klaviyo has made a name for itself as an email-specific marketing automation solution, offering you additional segmentation and data analysis based on email lists. While certain automation features are missing, a variety of deep integrations with eCommerce platforms and marketing tools like Unbounce, SumoMe, JustUno, and more make up for it.
Key or Notable Features
Klaviyo was built as an eCommerce automated email tool, so setting up automated campaigns like replenishment, cross-sell, win-back, and cart abandonment is a breeze. You can easily build custom templates, and importing your lists is a snap with their wide variety of integration options. The “Ideas” supplied are sometimes useful to build out automation campaigns in your account. Lastly, the tracking pixel/snippet lets you segment on content viewed by a user — not just products purchased.
Klaviyo offers SMS marketing services, too. Check out a full list of the platform’s features here.
Klaviyo integrates with the most common and popular eCommerce platforms, such as:
In addition to integrating with several eCommerce platforms, Klaviyo also integrates with many other tools, which allow for good options when taking the “Frankenstein” approach to putting together a complete eCommerce marketing automation system made of many pieces.
Notable integrations include:
Pricing for Klaviyo is determined by the number of contacts you store in the system. Contacts not only include customers but also subscribers and lists from other systems like MailChimp, Unbounce, JustUno, and more.
You can use Klaviyo for free up to 250 contacts and 500 email sends — but as your number of contacts increases, so will your costs. Klaviyo is fairly affordable at just $20/month for up to 500 contacts, $30/month for up to 1,000, $45/month for up to 1,500, and so forth.
Our sales call/demo of Klaviyo was disappointing and short. We’ve also heard from customers on custom platforms that the custom integration option isn’t as easy as it appears. Lastly, for the price of $1,000 per month for 80,000 contacts, it would be nice if Klaviyo had a few more non-email-specific features to beef up their offering.
Ecommerce entrepreneurs are always looking for ways to improve their business. Marketing automation is an invaluable tool in the strategy to increase sales — making it one of the best marketing automation tools for ecommerce.