The only reasonable method to rank in the search engine is the use of your keywords in the metadata that surrounds your web pages. Although there are plenty of other things that come into play, this is where it all starts.
What are the best SEO plugins for your WordPress site? Search engine optimization is one of the most crucial aspects of running a website. People have to be able to find you to visit your profile or profile page. Depending on how you have things set up, being at the top of the Google results can help give your site a boost in organic traffic.
List of the Top WooCommerce SEO Plugins & Tools
All in One SEO for WordPress (AIOSEO)
The plugin has over 3 million active installations and the best part – you can set up this plugin on your website in less than 10 minutes.
Let’s see some of the best features of this plugin that give it a clear edge over the competition.
- Generate SEO-Friendly Titles: Generate the titles and descriptions for all product and category pages of the store.
- Optimize Individual Products: Helps you optimize each product, category, and tag archive page to maximize the chances of being featured high in Google search results.
- Image Optimization: Get full control over the optimization of the images that you upload to your store.
- Advanced Sitemaps: It offers different sitemap options, including Google News sitemap, smart sitemap, and video SEO sitemap.
- WooCommerce Support: The plugin offers several unique features that ensure that the WooCommerce store is fully optimized to capture the top search engine results positions.
- Seamless Integration: AIOSEO seamlessly integrates with popular social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, and more.
- TruSEO Score: Displays a score out of 100 which gives you a gauge of how well each page or post is optimized
- Webmaster Tools: You can easily connect your WooCommerce store with Google Analytics, Google search console, Bing, Yandex, and other webmaster tools.
The basic plan starts at $39.60 per year and comes with a lot of features.
Semrush is a popular SEO tool that is used by almost every serious blogger, service provider, store owner, and business of all sizes.
This tool helps you find organic keywords and come up with strategies to rank higher for these keywords. You can carry out in-depth keyword research so that you can identify the gaps in your optimization plan.
Moreover, you have full control over competitor research and can easily analyze what your competitors are doing so that you can fine-tune your store’s marketing strategy.
- Keywords Research: Easily find the right business keywords for your online store.
- Powerful Tracking: Easily track keywords ranking and related parameters to streamline your SEO processes.
- Link Building Opportunities: Discover the link profile of your competition to find out new opportunities for building links.
- Simplified Social Media Management: You can schedule posts on social platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and track the performance of individual posts.
The Pro plan starts at $119.95 per month.
Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a free tool by Google that helps store owners keep a close eye on their presence in Google search results.
The best part is the alert that it generates when Google is unable to crawl the store pages, This alert is a simple way of tracking page indexing issues.
The tool is popularly used to discover the keywords that the store is ranking for, with detailed reports on the clicks, impressions, and related parameters.
This data is presented in easy-to-read reports that allow you to quickly find out the keywords that you need to focus on, to improve the search engine results position of your store.
- Detailed Data: Google Search Console collects a lot of information about your store including the number and frequency of clicks, impressions, and errors.
- Track Store Pages: With this tool, you can easily track the performance of individual pages and see how they rank for your business keywords.
- Data in a Glance: The tool presents all data in easy-to-understand graphs that filter and present data collected for as long as 60 days.
- Pages Position: It allows you to check the web page ranking for specific keywords.
- Index URL: You can add specific URLs that haven’t been indexed by Google.
It’s a free service offered by Google.
MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics plugin on the planet that lets you track organic traffic reports and other useful details that help you grow your business.
The plugin allows you to use all the advanced capabilities of Google Analytics without having to handle complicated setup. Once done, the plugin presents the data in reports that you can easily understand and use to optimize your WooCommerce store.
- WooCommerce Dashboard: Use the unique WooCommerce store dashboard to quickly see all essential store performance data including conversion rate, total transactions, total revenue, average order value, and more.
- Google Analytics Dashboard: This plugin lets you see the analytics dashboard in the WordPress admin area without switching to Google Analytics.
- Performance and Optimization: You can enable Google Optimize for A/B testing, and for adjusting the speed and sample rate.
- The Plus plan starts at $99.50 per year with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is a powerful tool that you can use to discover the keywords that might be missing from your current SEO lineup.
While the tool is mainly targeted toward advertisers who wish to take advantage of the massive audience that Google has, it’s also a great tool for WooCommerce store owners who are looking for gaps in their keyword discovery.
It shows detailed information about keywords including estimated search volume, and the difficulty level.
- Estimate Search Volume: You can easily find out the average monthly search volume of the keywords to gauge their potential to bring traffic to the store.
- Simple Reports: The tool offers simple reports that present only the basic information about keywords.
- Plan Ad Campaigns: See the cost-per-click (CPC) to find the right keywords for executing high-performing ad campaigns for your store.
This tool is free to use. However, you need to have a Google Ads account to use Google Keyword Planner.
RankMath is another WordPress SEO plugin that helps you optimize your WordPress store.
RankMath offers a lot of advanced features in the premium version, which also has a free version with a limited set of features.
You can set up the RankMath plugin more quickly in 6 steps as compared to the 12 steps required to set up the Yoast plugin. Compare that to just 4 steps when you opt for the AIOSEO plugin.
- User Friendly: This plugin is user-friendly and offers powerful features for better store optimization.
- Content Analysis: This plugin analyzes posts and store pages content to identify improvement areas.
- Keyword Placement: you can see immediate indications for the keyword placement opportunities.
- Complete Score: You get a score that signifies the status optimization of the pages and posts of the store.
The pro plan starts at $59 per year and also offers a free lite version for those who are not ready to invest in the plugin.
Ahrefs is a great SEO tool that is considered a great alternative to SEMRush. This tool is best suited for analyzing website keywords and carrying out effective competitor analysis.
Using this tool, you can check out where your target audience is coming from, and how you can improve the store’s SEO to get more sales.
In addition, Ahrefs lets you take advantage of the opportunities of finding the right keywords that could potentially increase the volume of the store traffic and sales.
Ahrefs and SEMRush both are the best SEO tools that you can use and identify your target audience.
- Traffic Estimation: This plugin gives you a pretty accurate estimation of the competitor traffic that helps you choose the topics focusing on the right keywords
- Site Explorer: This feature allows you to check competitors’ content and understand the structure that is driving the volume of the traffic on their website.
- Relevant Link Building Opportunities: Use Ahrefs to discover thousands of relevant opportunities for link exchange.
The Lite plan starts at $99 per month.
Which SEO Plugin Is Best for WooCommerce?
We have shown you some of the best WooCommerce SEO plugins and tools that you can use to make your store more SEO-friendly and get more traffic and sales.
However, if you’re still unable to choose the right plugin for your store, we highly recommend opting for the AIOSEO plugin. It offers great features and advanced tools that you can use to make your WooCommerce store a serious edge.
Asset CleanUp lets you selectively disable WooCommerce scripts, styles, cart fragments, and plugins where they don’t need to be loaded. For example, cart fragments don’t need to load on your blog articles. Asset CleanUp can also be used beyond WooCommerce to eliminate unnecessary requests and make your entire site load faster. After all, speed is a ranking factor.
Cart fragments alone can take multiple seconds to load:
Step 1: Install Asset CleanUp.
Step 2: Edit a page or post, then scroll down to the Asset CleanUp section. Disable all unused plugins, scripts, and styles that aren’t used on that page. You can disable (unload) them on a single page, across the full site, by post type, or the pro version supports regular expressions.
Step 3: Configure the Asset CleanUp settings which have other speed optimizations as well:
- Configure a CDN
- Disable XML-RPC
- Optimize Google Fonts
- General stripping of the “fat”
Examples Of How To Selectively Disable Plugins
- Disable WooCommerce features on non-eCommerce pages
- Disable slider plugin on content without sliders
- Disable rich snippets plugin on content without rich snippets
- Disable contact form plugin on content without a contact form
- Disable AdSense or affiliate links where they aren’t being shown
- Disable social sharing plugin on all pages (since it’s usually for blog posts)
- Disable WooCommerce scripts, styles, cart fragments on non-eCommerce pages
Perfmatters was developed by Kinsta and is similar to Asset CleanUp only it lets you disable WooCommerce scripts, styles, and cart fragments with 1 click. It also comes with other speed features like limiting post revisions, autosaves, heartbeat control, lazy loading, disabling XML-RPC, CDN integration, and hosting Google Analytics locally. I use Perfmatters on my site and recommend it for anyone looking for a plugin to do all those miscellaneous optimizations.
Auto Image Alt Attributes
You probably already know to add alternative text to images.
But since WordPress doesn’t do it automatically (anymore), this plugin will do it for you. It simply adds alt text based on the image’s file name. So as long as you remember to label the file name before uploading, you don’t have to worry about manually filling out image alt text again.
Schema is a big part of WooCommerce SEO.
You can markup product pages to include product schema, FAQs, and user reviews. You can also use review schema if you’re writing blog post reviews. It just depends on what content you have on your WooCommerce site, but if you can add schema to it, you probably should. Just for product schema, you can show pricing, availability, and other product info directly in search results. It’s a great way to show quick product details before users even click your link.
Schema Pro supports these rich snippet types:
I have used many rich snippet plugins including All In One Schema Rich Snippets, WP Rich Snippets (abandoned), and WP Review by MyThemeShop. Schema Pro is a bit more pricey, but it’s reliable (developed by Brainforce) and makes it so easy to add rich snippets to WordPress. The WooCommerce Products Review Pro is also great if you just want to add product schema.
Why is WP Rocket usually the #1 cache plugin in most Facebook polls?
WP Rocket comes with many features most cache plugins don’t: database cleanup, lazy loading images + videos, local fonts + analytics, prefetching, CDN integration. To get these features with other cache plugins, you would need to install 6-7 extra plugins when WP Rocket has them all built-in. That means fewer plugins and more speed optimizations. This is why WP Rocket almost always yields the best scores + load times in speed testing tools like GTmetrix.
Facebook polls where WP Rocket was rated #1:
WP Rocket comes with features most other cache plugins don’t (faster speed + fewer plugins):
- Database Cleanup: built-in to WP Rocket, or use WP-Optimize.
- Lazy Loading: built-in to WP Rocket, or use WP YouTube Lyte.
- Heartbeat Control: built-in to WP Rocket, or use Heartbeat Control.
- Local Google Analytics: built-in to WP Rocket, or use CAOS Analytics.
- Local Google Fonts: built-in to WP Rocket, or use either OMGF or SHGF.
- Prefetch DNS Requests: built-in to WP Rocket, or use Pre* Party Resource Hints.
- Facebook Pixel Browser Caching: built-in to WP Rocket (no other plugin does this).
- CDNs: built-in to WP Rocket (both Cloudflare + multiple CDNs), or use CDN Enabler.
Yoast WooCommerce SEO
Let’s see what Yoast’s WooCommerce SEO plugin does:
- Adds product schema
- Customize breadcrumbs
- Add rich pins (which can be done here)
- Cleaner sitemap by noindexing filter pages
But will you need more schema types than just product-rich snippets (and will you need another plugin for that)? Are you using Pinterest for marketing WooCommerce products? Is Google Search Console showing sitemap errors for your filter pages? I’m not a big fan of Yoast’s Premium SEO plugin, but their WooCommerce SEO plugin may be helpful for some.
A glimpse of the settings:
Rank Math has been getting quite popular in Facebook Groups.
It incorporates everything in Yoast SEO Premium, but it’s free. It even has extra features like schema (rich snippets), tracking keyword rankings, LSI keyword suggestions, and 404 monitoring. The setup wizard lets you easily transfer your Yoast SEO data into Rank Math.
Google Site Kit
Google Site Kit integrates Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, AdSense, and Optimize. There are bad reviews about it not setting up properly and critical errors, so I would probably avoid the plugin entirely and add the tools you need manually (you don’t need a plugin for this).
Really Simple SSL
Simple SSL makes it easy to set up SSL on your WooCommrce, but chances are most of you already have it. Just make sure you changed all your links (eg. using Better Search Replace), set up redirects, and force HTTPS in Cloudflare’s settings if you’re using their CDN.
How you design your page templates is one of the biggest factors in WooCommerce SEO.
Take a look at some best-selling products on Amazon. They usually have 2-3 different product descriptions, FAQs, multiple images and a video, manufacturer #, additional product info (ingredients, warnings, disclaimers, directions, dimensions), and more. The concept “length is strength” still applies for WooCommerce products with 1,500+ words of unique content. Your page templates need to be set up for good on-page SEO and include comprehensive content.
Design Elements To Consider
- Product Title
- Product Description
- Images + Videos
- Related Products
- Warnings + Disclaimers
- Manufacturer #
- Shipping Information
- Schema (Products + Reviews)
Whether you’re running a big eCommerce site or selling on eBay, you must have an online presence. Going online allows people to find your business, but there is one more thing you need to do. You need to be visible in the search results. There are millions of stories on the internet and there are thousands of products that people search for every day. If you don’t optimize your site for online visibility, then your potential customers won’t be able to find you. That means no sales, no business.