Social media listening tools are an effective way of getting an idea of what people are saying about your business online. They can help you gain insights into how you can improve your social media strategy so that your content achieves the best results. In my mind, these tools are great for keeping up with trends in your industry, finding communities relevant to your business, spotting potential problem areas with customer service or brand reputation and so much more.
With HubSpot, you have the power to easily monitor interactions, conversations, and audiences on social media. You also have the necessary tools to manage day-to-day interactions and engagement on social and target specific audiences using context from the contacts database in your free CRM to better understand what these people mean to your business.
What does that mean for you — the user? You can manage your entire social strategy — from planning to sharing to analyzing — from one, central location.
You can handle all of your social accounts from the tool as well as easily turn your content offers into social posts. With HubSpot, you don’t need to worry about logging into your social profiles to post content — rather, you can schedule posts weeks in advance on all of your profiles from within the tool to free up valuable time.
You can also post to social from anywhere — whether you’re in HubSpot, on a specific social platform, or on another social tool that you connected to HubSpot. And how you post won’t ever affect your ability to report on the success of those posts.
Don’t worry about having to open specific platforms to converse with your audience either — instead, reply to anyone who commented on posts you published through HubSpot.
Lastly, on Twitter specifically, HubSpot helps you stay up to date on what’s current and trending by monitoring specific keywords you deem as important to your brand — this way, you never miss a beat when it comes to the things that matter most to your business and audience.
HubSpot Features and Compatibility
- Prioritize social engagement.
- Integrate your social tool — which comes with Marketing Hub Professional — with your Contacts Database and CRM.
- Schedule social posts in advance, cross-platform.
- Report on your video strategy with YouTube reporting if you’re an Enterprise user.
- Manage social profiles on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn from one tool.
- From $108 per seat per month
Falcon.io’s social media listening tools allow users to monitor brands across 100 million online sources, allowing them to see who’s talking about them and when, pick out emerging trends, and bring real meaning to those conversations.
By monitoring mentions, you can quickly understand what your customers like (and don’t like) about your brand, including what content types and themes keep them engaged.
- Analyze sentiment and brand perception without the clunkiness of having to sift through large datasets manually
- AI detects peaks and troughs in your social media data, helping to identify unusual levels of activity
- Team members are automatically notified about negative comments so they can respond quickly
Plans: Medium $99/mo, Large $199/mo, X-Large $299/mo, Enterprise $499/mo
Agora Pulse is another highly professional social media management app that includes social listening features.
It features an extremely clean and straightforward interface.
You can easily set up relevant brand-listening parameters, that allow you to listen to relevant conversations about your brand. You can further refine your YouTube, and Twitter searches by providing words NOT to include in your saved searches. Boolean operators allow you to hone in on only what you want to listen to. Add location and/or language parameters to your Twitter searches if you want to be even more specific.
Perhaps even more critical is that Agora Pulse helps you take action on what you hear. You can click on a monitoring item and like, retweet, reply, or reply in DM/PM. You can also label, bookmark, and assign any monitoring item to a teammate or client so that they can act accordingly.
The Socialbakers platform harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to provide a solution that addresses all three of the aforementioned processes with ease and power.
An end-to-end solution, Socialbakers’ listening tool is designed to be easy enough for anyone to use, and robust enough to handle all of the different use cases required in a solution that can play a key role in every phase of the customer journey.
When it comes to marketing and pre-sale activities, Socialbakers makes it easy to leverage social listening to gain the intelligence you need for competitive research, audience research, content planning, and more.
When it comes to post-sale engagement and nurturing, Socialbakers’ listening solution seamlessly integrates with its suite of community management and customer care tools so you can boost customer affinity, minimize response times, and increase fan engagement with ease.
TweetReach is a great tool if you’re specifically looking to analyze Twitter reach. It analyzes reach with a selected keyword, person/ Twitter handle, or hashtag.
The tool also analyzes impressions, mentions, and the times in which the most relevant Tweets to your business are shared. Additionally, TweetReach helps you discover who your most impressionable followers are so you can target them with your content.
TweetReach Features and Compatibility
- Analyze a Tweet’s potential reach, impressions, and conversation size.
- Discover who’s talking about a specific topic on Twitter and who has the biggest impact in spreading the word about that topic.
- Generate reports on Twitter activity for any keyword, hashtag, URL or account name.
- Use TweetReach with compatible platforms including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Plans: Contact Digimind for pricing. Prices are based on estimates of total monthly mentions with unlimited queries/topics and of the total number of queries required per year with unlimited mentions. Demos are available on request.
Digimind provides all the content you need to make sense of social and online data and transform it into actionable business insights. It offers two products: Social Listening and Market Intelligence. Both are impressive tools with a wide range of features.
With Digimind’s Social Listening tools, you can:
- Monitor specific terms and topics
- Analyze mentions
- Share content and engage audiences
- Generate reports
- Measure ROI for owned media (paid and organic)
- Leverage search data for reputational management
Digimind’s tools enable you to see the conversations that matter the most for your brand, in real-time, across millions of online sources, to gain valuable insights you can use to drive and improve your marketing strategy.
You can analyze and benchmark an unlimited number of social accounts simultaneously with Digimind Social Analytics. However, you can go beyond your social networks to see your brand based on Google search behavior. With Digimind’s Top Reputation module, you can follow what your customers want to know about you and your competitors’ brands, products, people, and more, all in real-time.
- Free for individuals with up to three social accounts, limited to 1,000 mentions per month
- Premium plans priced from $29 per month
- Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, and YouTube excluded from all but the top-tier, team and agency-level plan
Even at the free account level, Mention boasts a vast amount of social media listening functionality. Users can listen to millions of conversations across multiple platforms, organizing the most important ones using Mention’s “Smart folders” functionality.
Filtering options make it easy to gauge audience sentiment, while the Insights Center helps you stay focused on top-level goals. Reports can be built using rich data from your brand, a product, a competitor, or a broader industry topic.
- Filter key conversations to quickly analyze and compare trends
- Schedule automated reports to receive them in your inbox at the time and day that suits you
- Build detailed dashboards to understand trends at a glance better
While not a flagship product for Sprinklr, its listening solution works well and extends its coverage beyond social media to forums, certain news sites, and review websites. Since Sprinklr is an end-to-end, enterprise-focused solution, its listening functionalities can integrate with other social data processed by the Sprinklr platform, and existing users can rest assured that they won’t have to stress about consolidating data and working in multiple different platforms.
Sprinklr also leverages AI in an attempt to summarize and present useful information and insights to users. However, the scale of their listening solution means that for the most part, deeper analysis with Sprinklr’s listening tool remains more of a manual process when compared to solutions like Brandwatch.
Awario is a social listening tool focused on building brand awareness. It works by tracking keywords in several languages. This solution is great for companies that are trying to grow their international customer base through social media engagement.
The platform provides everything you need to not only monitor and respond to comments but also build meaningful relationships with your target audience on social.
Awario Features and Compatibility
- Use the Social Selling feature to identify posts that ask for a product recommendation similar to yours or posts where users talk about issues they’re having with products sold by your competitors.
- Use the Social Selling tool to keep an updated list of new leads your sales team can pursue.
- Connect Awario with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, and YouTube profiles.
- Pair the software with your blogs, forums, and external websites using API.
If your company requires a social media monitoring tool, we hope this article gave you some direction! Social listening isn’t just a way to collect data and improve your social media strategy, though we do think these tools are great for doing so. It’s also an excellent way to learn more about your audience and how they use social media. And that knowledge comes in handy in the long run!