If you are a blogger, business owner or social media manager that has become tired of keeping up with all the different tools out there, let us point you in the right direction. We have put together a list of what we feel are the best social media management tools on the internet. These platforms will make running a social media campaign a lot easier and save you time in 2018
There are many social media management tools available. If you are thinking of starting a blog to grow your business or simply looking for help to manage your social media accounts, then you are in the right place. We are going to compare the top four social media management tools around today. These are Buffer, Sprout Social, Hootsuite and Agora Pulse.
Buffer is one of the original social media scheduling tools on the market and has since evolved way beyond the scope of just that.
You can plan future campaigns with visual planning tools, analyze the impact of your social media posts and videos, and much more.
The pricing is also small-business-friendly, with a free tier for accounts that only use 3 social channels and post 10 times or less per month.
To get access to an advanced approval workflow with editors and content creators, you need a premium plan at $65/month.
The analytics product is separate from the scheduling software and starts at $35/month for up to 8 channels.
Sprout Social is another early mover and mainstay in the industry, but it caters more to enterprises with advanced features and a robust platform.
You have access to visual planning tools, post scheduling for all major social media platforms, and full-fledged social analytics.
Starting at $99/user per month, it’s not the most SMB-friendly pricing.
Hootsuite also offers scheduling, planning, and publishing management tools as part of its platform.
It also integrates with platforms like Facebook and Twitter with their APIs and offers you an integrated analytics dashboard where you can see how your posts perform over time.
The cheapest Hootsuite plan starts at $49/month and is suitable for a solopreneur.
Agorapulse is another full-featured social media publishing platform with scheduling, approval workflows, analytics, and even social listening tools built in.
It also offers a unified social inbox to help you stay on top of — and quickly reply to — incoming messages from all social media platforms.
Agorapulse also offers a free tier plan with basic features. Its pro plan starts at $79/month.
Sendible is a social media management tool with publishing, analytics, and smart tools for ideating new content.
It offers content suggestions, Google Alerts, Creative Commons image search, and more, straight inside the dashboard. This makes creating your next social media hit that much easier.
The cheapest plan, Creator, starts at $29/month and actually includes many of the platform’s advanced features.
Because of its low price and advanced features, Sendible is a good social media management software option for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
Mavsocial is another social media tool that handles everything you expect. You can schedule and publish posts on every major social media platform with a few clicks.
The cheapest plan starts at $19 and allows 1 user with multiple social media accounts — up to 10. It also includes social media analytics and UTM tracking so that you can keep track of the impact of every post.
Falcon.io is a social media management platform with everything from publishing to social listening.
The advanced suite of tools is more designed for enterprises rather than a small business, and the pricing reflects that.
Its essentials plan starts at $129/month for a single user and doesn’t include social listening tools or content ideas.
One of the most popular free social media management tools available is Hootsuite. Just like with Buffer, you can choose to have a basic account or pay to upgrade to a more comprehensive plan.
- Schedule posts
- View and manage all your content in a single collaborative calendar
- One inbox for all the messages you receive across your social media platforms
- Streams enable you to see all your social media activity from one place
- Insights enable you to spot, track and analyse trends in real-time
- Manage, optimise and report on your search and social ad campaigns
- You can monitor what’s being said about your brand and your competitors
- The app enables you to manage Hootsuite from your mobile device
Free: With the free plan, one user can link three social media profiles and schedule up to 30 posts.
Professional – $25 per month: You can connect up to 10 social media accounts, schedule in unlimited posts and have one user.
Team – $99 per month: Three users can connect up to 20 social media accounts, with unlimited posts.
Business – $520 per month: Up to 10 users can connect 35 social media accounts with unlimited posts. You can also add-on up to 15 additional users.
To compare all plans and features, you can also contact Hootsuite about pricing options if you would like to customise your plan.
- The Hootsuite Academy enables you to stay ahead with industry-leading training and certification
- Its open platform integrates with other tools including Dropbox, Google Drive, Salesforce and Adobe
- You can stream social data into your analytics and CRM systems to gain cross-channel insights
- You can request a free demo to see if it’s the right platform for your business
- The free plan is very basic. Most businesses would probably need to pay to upgrade to access more features. With unlimited posts, the cheapest package (professional) is likely to be enough for most SMEs however
- The team and business plans are quite expensive
Zoho Social may not be as well-known as some of the previous platforms I’ve mentioned but it has plenty to offer, including a free plan.
- Schedule posts at times your audience is most active
- You can choose from Zoho’s best-time predictions or create your own publishing schedule
- Intuitive publishing calendar lets you organise posts the way you want
- Listening columns allow you to stay tuned into everything that’s relevant to your business
- Ability to respond in real-time and engage with your audience as often as you like
- Access to analytics which includes pre-built or custom-made reports
- Team collaboration options
Free: With the free plan, one team member can post to all the available platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google My Business and Instagram). You also get access to other features including the URL shortener, lists detailing your most engaged followers and published post stats.
Standard – £8 per month if billed annually, £12 per month if billed monthly: Two team members can post to all the available social media platforms. You get access to all the free features plus more including repeat posts, SmartQ, summary reports, monitoring tools and more.
Professional – £20 per month if billed annually, £28 per month if paying monthly: Three team members can post plus access to even more features including pausing posts, bulk scheduler, publishing calendar and custom audience targeting.
For more information about pricing and the features available, please head to Zoho Social’s website.
- Manage your content pipeline from a single screen
- SmartQ predictions tell you when to post based on when your audience is most active
- Bulk scheduling options saves time and allows you to focus on other aspects of your business
- You can create columns to track reviews, keywords and mentions so you can always stay on top of what people are saying about you
- The live stream lets you see engagements as and when they happen
- You can save money if you pay annually instead of monthly
- You can’t post to Pinterest from Zoho Social
- As with all the other free social media management tools, you need to pay to upgrade to access the features that are really going to help you grow your brand on social media
To be a fascinating and noticeable online presence for your business or company is not as easy as it may seem. However, if your business is struggling to stand out from the crowd and you need help maximizing your social media plan, we can offer you a range of social media management tools that will take you closer to realising your social networking goals.