Social media have completely revolutionized the way we communicate, market our business and interact with people. Social scheduling tools allow you to automate your posts so that you don’t have to keep going in every day to post.
Social media scheduling tools help you save time by letting you pre-schedule your social media posts. As its name implies, it enables you to schedule future messages and posts to be automatically published on popular social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) at the time that works best for your audience.Thanks to this feature, for example, you can choose a time when most of them are online and share your content without having to be constantly online.
What are Social Media Scheduling Tools?
Social media scheduling tools help you to organize your workflow and ensure that all of the most important tasks related to content are completed on time and at the highest level of productivity.
The different types of features you can expect to see from social media scheduling tools include the following categories:
- Scheduling and Publishing: social media scheduling tools will help you to visualize your content calendar all in one place. You can also automate posting across channels, create multiple profiles, schedule out posts as far in advance as you like, and other calendar features that make posting content to social channels easier.
- Social Monitoring: if you want successful content, it’s important to understand keywords and what people (and competition) are saying about your brand so that you can keep your reputation on track and understand what your audience really needs.
- Integrated RSS Feeds: this feature can allow your blog posts to automatically post to your social networks; it may not be applicable to all, but if you need it, keep an eye out for it.
- Custom Reporting: if you’re a social media manager or have a hard time keeping track of your social media analytics, you may want to keep an eye out for social media scheduling tools that can provide you with custom reports that make monitoring progress easier.
- Unified Social Inbox: connect with those contacting you via social media much more easily when you have a unified social inbox; avoid spending time toggling back and forth between social channels and respond to everything from all in one place.
- Competitor Analysis: understand what your top competitors are doing to stay on target and also understand your competitive advantage.
- Campaign Tracking: when your marketing strategy depends on ads, posts, and website traffic, you may want to consider using social media scheduling tools with features related to these areas.
There are many different types of social media scheduling tools out there; if you’re only worried about post scheduling, you can look for a tool that is based only on that.
When you want to streamline everything and have a hub of social media management, you may want to look at some of the tools that include more features.
We’ll get started on introducing them all in the following section.
Falcon focuses on giving social media professionals access to a structured set of features that help listen, engage, measure, schedule and publish content that makes a difference. Falcon offers two plans. The Essential plan targets single users and small teams and focuses on a content calendar & campaign planner with advanced analytics and community management. The Full Suite is more designed for larger companies with multiple teams and markets. It takes everything from the Essentials Plan (although it permits unlimited channels, reporting, and teams) and adds in social media advertising, competitor benchmarking, and collaboration & approval flows.
Falcon considers your content calendar to be one of the most important tools you’ll work with. It provides a view of all your scheduled content across multiple social networks. You can plan, schedule, edit, and post directly from your content calendar. With Campaign Planner, you can map, create a brief, roll-out, and collaborate on campaigns for all social platforms.
Falcon supports images, video, Instagram Stories, and Facebook carousels. You can store all your content in Falcon’s version of a shared media library called the “Content Pool.” If you have a team, Falcon provides roles, approval processes, and an audit trail to boost quality. You can also activate email notifications and share notes. Falcon provides access to agencies to smooth your collaborative processes. You can control all access and set permissions.
Falcon lets users design their own inbox. You can include multiple feeds, labels and use filters. You can also create custom response templates for quicker replies and bulk actions
If you have the Full Suite, you can promote posts through Facebook and Instagram ads within Publish, which manages all ads in one place. The tool allows cross-channel advertising, automation, saved target audiences, running ads with customer durations, automated ROI tracking, and real-time insights. The Full Suite also includes social listening. With this, you can track trends, monitor your brand, create custom queries, track sentiment, monitor multiple languages, filter extensively, and track campaigns.
$50for 3 users
Looking for a simple and affordable tool? Your search ends here. SocialPilot has emerged as one of the most straightforward social media marketing tools to use. It lets you post on numerous social media platforms such as TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (Direct Publishing), Google My Business, Pinterest, Tumblr, and VK.
Every feature of SocialPilot is designed to simplify creating social media schedules to optimize marketing efforts. This social media posting tool also provides reliable support to its users via email, chat, phone, and social.
- Create customized posts for individual social platforms
- Analyze, monitor, and report on your social media performance
- Generate White Label reports quickly
- Leverage social inbox for instant engagement
- Manage team members with collaboration features
- Manage multiple clients’ social media accounts effortlessly
- Manage ad campaigns and boosts post
- New content suggestions with the content curation feature
- Share blogs with integrated RSS feed automation
- Upload 500 posts with the bulk scheduling
- Visualize content strategy with the social media calendar
- URL shortener feature for more click-through-rates
- Accessible browser extensions
- Supports native mobile apps
SocialBee is a social media scheduling tool that can help you stay on track with all your social media accounts. With Social Bee, you can schedule posts for just about every social media platform you can think of, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google My Business.
SocialBee works on a category-based scheduling system. You can assign each one of your posts a category and then easily schedule cross-platform campaigns using these categories instead of publishing posts individually. You can also re-queue and edit posts in bulk which is perfect if you’re running large-scale campaigns with a lot of content.
With SocialBee, you can also save all of your old posts into content libraries so you can easily stay on track of what you’ve posted on what platforms. You can also use the post recycling features to republish posts from your library to different platforms or to the same platform at different times.
In addition to its advanced scheduling features, Social Bee also comes equipped with a range of reporting, analytics, and collaboration features that are extremely useful for large marketing teams that are looking to share and collaborate on social media content and analyze the results of their campaigns.
Overall, it’s the best social media scheduling tool on the market and it’s perfect for individuals and businesses.
Pricing: Plans start from $13.30/month for up to 5 social accounts
We chose Sprout Social as our best overall due to the platform’s usability, publishing features, and analytics across all major social media platforms. This provider also offers one of the longest free trials in the business.Pros
- Excellent user dashboard lets you manage your social networks in one place
- Utilize Social Media Optimization tools
- Analytics and reports help you manage your user engagement and return on investment (ROI)
- Scheduling tools make creating posts a breeze
- Free 30-day trial
- Expensive standard plan
- Limits to how many social profiles you can manage
We chose Sprout Social as the best option for businesses based on the array of scheduling tools and analytics they offer, their mobile app for iOS and Android, and their paid promotion tools to help you expertly boost Meta posts. One major benefit you get with Sprout Social is a 30-day free trial with any of their plans. If you’re unsure of the value of this software, this free trial gives you a full month to try it out.
This software currently supports all the major social media platforms, including Meta, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, making it an excellent choice for all-in-one management. There are three paid plans to choose from:
- Standard: $89 per month
- Professional: $149 per month
- Advanced: $249 per month.
Sprout Social says their Professional plan is most popular since it lets you manage up to 10 social media accounts in one place. It also comes with an all-in-one social box, social content calendar, response rate and time analysis reports, analysis tools for Twitter hashtags, and plenty more valuable tools. With any of their plans, you also get a mobile app to manage your social media accounts on the go.
The Standard plan includes many of the features of the Professional plan, yet you can only manage up to five social profiles if you choose this option.
Loomly is a powerful social media scheduling and management platform with a clean, intuitive interface. It offers four pricing tiers after a 15-day no credit card trial. They range from a $20/month Base plan for those with 10 or fewer social accounts up to the $228/month Premium Plan, allowing up to 26 users and 60 social accounts.
One useful feature of Loomly is that you can set various calendar workflows. The default setting for teams with more than one collaborator is:
- Pending Approval
- Requires Edits
There is a straightforward process to go through when creating a post. You can either begin a post from scratch or pull in post ideas from RSS feeds that automatically create draft posts from them. You create the base copy of a post before you customize details for whichever social networks you want to use. If you intend to create a paid post for Facebook, you can customize your audience and set a budget for your campaign, all from within Loomly.
Another useful feature of Loomly is its interaction screen, where you can manage comments, messages, and track social handle mentions (through tagging).
$599for 5 users
Hootsuite is a social media scheduling tool mainly used by enterprise-level agencies. It is comparatively a complex tool to use. Hootsuite has been around in the social media market for a very long time, with over 16 million users worldwide.
It supports scheduling social media posts on popular platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Youtube. But there’s a major drawback.
Hootsuite plans are pricey. Small businesses can’t afford this tool. Hence, we recommend checking out other user-friendly Hootsuite alternatives.
- The best part about Hootsuite is its social streams feature, which allows you to engage with your audience and monitor your social accounts right from the Hootsuite dashboard.
- Hootsuite provides account-specific social media analytics to track results by time frame and create customized reports based on your requirements.
- Hootsuite lets you connect with more than 150 apps from their app directory. You can browse and select apps for efficient collaboration.
It puts everything together on a dashboard, and it makes things way easier to view. I can see messages, comments, and responses.
- This social media posting tool is way overpriced. It also gets difficult for new users to navigate their clunky dashboard.
- Hootsuite has a lot of features. But you have to pay for each additional service like access to specific social media account analytics, customizable reports, URL shortener other than owl.ly.
- Customer support isn’t prompt. Furthermore, you will be required to pay more for assistance on priority.
Agorapulse is an all-in-one social media management tool that can help you schedule and publish posts across various social platforms.
Agorapulse’s publishing tool will help you to optimize your posts for each individual social network, and organize them into an easy-to-understand social calendar. Not only that, but different team members can share notes, track posts, and collaborate on social media content easily using the social media scheduling calendar.
In addition to scheduling and publishing, Agorapulse can help you to manage just about every aspect of your social media campaigns.
One of the standout features is the social inbox, which allows you to manage comments and direct messages from followers all in one unified inbox. This means that you can easily stay on top of your social media interactions and ensure that no message is ever missed.
Another useful feature of Agorapulse is the monitoring tool. This will help you to listen in on what people are saying about your brand across social platforms. You can gauge the general sentiment towards your brand and be the first to know about conversations involving your brand online.
If you’re running a large-scale social media operation, Agorapulse has just about everything you need to schedule, publish and optimize your social media posts, as well as a bunch of extra features that you can use to supercharge your campaigns.
Pricing: Agorapulse offers a limited free plan suitable for individuals. Paid plans start at $79/mo (billed annually)
The best social media scheduling tools in the world take the burden off your shoulders and make it easy to get loads of great content out to your audience at the best time of day.