There are many tools for making content on the internet. However, there’s a lot of confusion about what the best tools are for creating videos. This article will give you a review of the best tools available for creating videos, and great advice to make the most out of your video content creator.
With so many video creation tools available today, your head is probably spinning trying to decide which one is the best. There are simply too many to choose from. The good news is, this article will give you a definitive answer and we’ll also share some of the most popular video creation tools available right now.
What is a Content Creation Tool?
Content creators are often tasked with creating written or visual content for all sorts of purposes. Their work may end up on websites, Instagram feeds, marketing collateral, TV, or more.
Content creation tools are applications, software, or websites that help make any of these processes easier. They can help keep a creator organized, make combining text and images straightforward, or improve the overall storytelling process for a creator.
Since there are many different types of content, there are several types of tools and apps. Let’s take a look at some of the best content creation apps and options for each category.
Content Creation Tools for Blogs
Naturally, blogs involve lots of written content. However, the multimedia content on a blog can help separate it from competitors. With that in mind, let’s look at some writing and image editing tools for blogs:
- BeFunky– This browser-based image editor allows anyone from novice to expert to make awesome collages and fun graphic designs.
- Edubirdie– This free online tool will check your written content to ensure none of it is plagiarised.
- Ginger– This website offers a great grammar checker to make sure your copy is clean and free of errors.
- Easel.ly– This tool makes one the most effective pieces of digital content—infographics—a breeze. With customizable templates, infographics will be as easy to create as they are to read.
Video Content Creation Tools
Video content is some of the most easily digestible content for consumers. For creators, it can be a little tricky to put it all together. Fortunately, there are several helpful tools for video creation:
- Splasheo– This tool takes your raw footage and helps create a full-on video production. Simply upload the clips, select the preferences you want, and wait for the delivery of your finished product.
- Camtasia and SnagIt from TechSmith– This recording tool provides video creators with an easy tool to capture what’s happening on their screens, whether it’s a walkthrough or a collection of webcam clips. It also has built-in editing tools like transitions, animations, title cards, music, and more.
- Canva– This tool is conventionally used for graphic design, but has the capacity to animate static designs into GIFs and videos.
Content Creation Tools for Free
Many of the tools mentioned above are free, with some pay-to-use features or premium upgrades. While entirely free tools may offer fewer features, there are several content creation tools available to use for free, such as:
- Google Docs- A less-than-glamorous option, this application enables written content, collaboration, and trackable feedback and changes, and it’s totally free to use.
- Unsplash– This website gives users access to thousands of free photos and pictures to help populate their websites and blogs.
- iMovie– Free for Apple customers, this program is an easy-to-use video editor.
Rocketium is a great tool for quickly creating short videos with text and voiceovers. Simply choose from a pre-made or custom theme, then upload your images, video clips, text, and voiceovers to the editor.
One nice feature about this tool is that you can work collaboratively on a project, just like Google Docs – or work on a project offline, which updates when you reconnect.
If you need screenshots for instructional videos or product demos, ViewedIt is one of the best screen recorder tools around. This tool lets you record your screen along with an in-picture video of yourself narrating the video. When you’ve finished recording, the video is ready to share via social media or email.
The special thing about ViewedIt is that when people watch your video, you get an email notification telling you who viewed it and how long they watched it for, giving you great metrics to base your future videos on.
GoAnimate is an easy-to-use drag and drop tool for creating professional-looking animations. It’s perfect if you need explainer videos or short ads for social media content.
The best part about this tool is its ease of use. You can select from a variety of templates, backgrounds, props, and characters, and even assign dialogue to characters with an automatic lip-syncing feature. You can also import your images, sound files, and videos, allowing you to add company branding or corporate messaging to the animation.
This automated video editing app is ideal for creating mini-movies in just a few minutes. You can shoot video from within the app or select photos and videos from your camera roll. Then you simply choose a visual style, add music from Magisto’s library of licensed songs, select the length and title of your video. From there, Magisto’s video editing AI will do the rest, automatically applying the right filters and transitions based on your chosen theme.
Unlike many of its competitors, this can all be done on your mobile device, so you can create videos and shoot footage wherever you are.
If you want to add a bit more functionality to your videos, Viewbix is worth a look. The tool allows you to add links, insert your company logo and add CTA buttons to your videos.
It’s not as advanced as some interactive video creation tools, but it’s still a powerful tool to help drive conversions from your videos. It also has built-in analytics so you can track user engagement with your videos.
Doodle animations – where you can see the drawings being created as the video runs – are incredibly addictive to watch, making them ideal marketing content.
Sellamations creates custom, hand-drawn doodle animations to suit your specific project. The finished animations are perfect for expanding your content strategy and often cost far less than traditional live video productions.
The best video creation software options will surely be what you need to run your business, save time, and bring in more revenue. Take these concerns into account before deciding on video creation solutions that you’ll use for your business. The best tools are likely those that yield the greatest results for you and your business.