When you’re feeling the pressure to get that work done, it can help to break things down into smaller tasks. Here’s a collection of tools for quickly and efficiently creating high-quality videos for social media, all of which made our list of the best video editing tools for social media.
Here’s what we’ve found to be the best tools for creating videos for social media. A little time spent on video editing software is time well spent. If you’re just trying to pump out a quick video, most of these tools aren’t necessary.
VSCO is a photo and video editing app and a photo-sharing platform. It’s a very easy tool you can use to enhance the quality of your social media posts.
It’s user-friendly and has a clean and simple design and menu. When you become a VSCO member, you also get access to a community similar to Instagram. There, you can browse photos and videos in the discover feed and also connect with friends or join weekly photo challenges.
VSCO main features
- VSCO has 10 free, quick, and easy photo editing presets
- For more advanced editing, you can use the manual adjustment options and add your flair
- The app enables simple importing and editing options for RAW photos
- You can change photo perspectives with crop and skew and adjust exposure, clarity, and saturation
- You can edit contrast and saturation or use the grain and fade options to add an old film effect to your photos
- The photo enhancer allows you to modify the strength of the photo filter
- To easily recreate your favorite edits, you can save them in recipes
- The camera features allow you to adjust focus and exposure and choose flash modes and interface color
- The built-in camera can be set up manually to adjust shutter speed, ISO, and white balance
- You can use the same VSCO presets and editing tools for your videos
- You can also create GIFs with VSCO
- The VSCO montage feature allows you to make a video collage by combining video, photos, and shapes; options include adjusting the opacity of layers and double exposure.
VSCO options and pricing
After the trial, the annual subscription fee is $19.99. It comes with full access to over 200 presets and advanced photo editing tools like HSL and split tone.
Adobe Premiere Rush
Created as a simpler alternative to Adobe Premiere Pro, the Premiere Rush app allows you to create and edit high-quality content for your social media platforms easily and without any complicated headaches.
Adobe Premiere Rush main features
- You can use the built-in camera feature to film directly from the app and start editing instantly
- Choose from a range of motion graphics built-in templates
- Motion graphics editing options include color enhancement and customization of fonts or size
- Easily add audio tracks to your video choosing from over 30 royalty-free options
- Add effects like picture in picture or split view with multiple video tracks
- Simple sharing options that allow you to resize videos or change them from landscape to portrait or square
- You can add thumbnails, schedule your posts, and publish on multiple platforms at once directly from the app
- Ideal for video for Instagram and Facebook with its 4:5 aspect ratio
- Premium features include sound balancing and auto-ducking, access to the premium content library, and the possibility of exporting videos in 4K video quality
Adobe Premiere Rush options and pricing
- Subscription $9.99
- Annual Premium Membership $34.99
- Monthly Premium Membership $4.99
- Rush Phone-Only Subscription $4.99
- Monthly Premium Membership $4.99
- Annual Premium Membership $29.99
iMovie is a free video editing app for iOS that comes pre-installed on Apple devices. It’s ideal for simple video editing and very user-friendly.
It can take your social media content to the next level and help your brand stand out on platforms like Instagram. You can also use it to add voice-overs or music to your videos and upload them to iCloud.
iMovie main features
- Animated drop zones make selecting videos and photos simple
- You can record directly in the app
- Includes 14 movie trailer templates
- Easy customizing options for cast names and credits
- 8 unique movie themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
- 13 Apple-designed video filters
- Slow-motion and fast forward options
- Simple access for adding a picture in picture, green screen, or split-screen effects
- Add a soundtrack to your movie with the built-in feature that automatically adjusts to the length of the movie
- Add sound effects or narration
- Easy transfer to other iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch by AirDrop or iCloud Drive
iMovie options and pricing
iMovie is available for free on iOS devices and comes pre-installed on Apple iPhone and iPad.
LumaFusion is a more professional video editing app with many free features, as well as additional, more advanced, in-app purchases and an easy-to-use, intuitive design. You can use it to improve the quality of your social media videos and get noticed online.
LumaFusion main features
- Customizable aspect ratios
- Options for editing iPhone and iPad video recordings
- Frame rates from 18fps to 240fps
- Easy options for importing media directly from Photos, GNARBOX, WD Wireless, Frame.io or cloud storage, SanDisk iXpand flash drives, and SMB network drives
- Free music, loops, sound effects, videos, and backgrounds
- Up to 6 video/audio tracks available for adding photos, videos, audio, titles, and graphics
- 6 additional audio tracks available for adding narration, music, and sound effects
- Extended features include insert or overwrite clip, as well as to link or unlink clip
- Options to share a preview on an external monitor
- Layer effects include chroma key, blurs, distort, change styles, and color
- Color correction tools
- Unlimited keyframes for animating any effect or color
- Use slow /fast motion, forward, and reverse options
- Add layers for titles with text, shapes, and images
- Adjustable fonts, colors, borders, and shadows
- You can also import custom fonts
- Easily share or archive edited social media videos
LumaFusion options and pricing
LumaFusion is available for $29.99 on iOS devices. In-app purchases include Storyblocks for $9.99/month and $69.99/year, and FCPXML Export for $19.99.
With Headliner, you can upload a video and let it automatically transcribe the audio into captions or create a video simply uploading an article or an audio file. You can also upload or search for images, videos, and GIFs to be added to your video.
Bonus: The team at Headliner has a hilarious page explaining why the tool is free.
Quik by GoPro
GoPro has two free video editing apps for creating and sharing content from your smartphone and GoPro devices. (It doesn’t have to be GoPro footages at all, and the videos created won’t have any watermark!)
Quik is the simpler of the two, which aims to let you create videos with minimal effort. As GoPro stated, “it automatically analyzes your footage to find the best moments, adds beautiful transitions and effects, and syncs it all to the beat of the music.” (Mindblown!)
FilmoraGo is such a comprehensive video editor app that you might feel like you are editing your videos on your desktop. Besides the usual features such as themes, text, transitions, it also offers a range of video editing features — trim/split, ratio/crop, speed control, reverse, voice over, audio mixer, and picture-in-picture. It’s amazing that FilmoraGo is free and it doesn’t add a watermark or limit the length of your videos.
FilmoraGo is available on both iOS and Android devices.
It’s estimated that over 82% of adults watch at least one hour of video on social media every day. Did you know that you can create professional-quality videos for social media sites without any extra equipment?