Content Management Course is for anyone working with web content. You will learn how to use web content management systems to capture, manage, store, and present website content as well as automate tasks using scripts and workflows, access a database to collect information and respond to visitors requests and automate tasks, and render the output in a variety of formats – including XML, PDF, RSS, HTML, email
Our content management online course will teach you the basic fundamentals of planning and implementing effective digital content strategies within your organization. This course is designed for both beginners and seasoned professionals, with a variety of workshop activities and engaging materials to help you learn to tackle content management challenges.
If you’re looking for a free resource to help you get started in content creation and marketing, the first thing I recommend doing is signing up for the Marketing Lab offered by the folks at DigitalMarketer.com.
Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned marketer, this program will make your job easier by providing you with the following resources:
- A library of 36 marketing playbooks (& more added every month)
- Timely and tactical one-day workshops that you can attend live or watch in your own time
- A supportive community of 10,000+ marketers that you can tap into to find answers to your questions, even if it’s 2am
- Exclusive discounts and deals on tools you’re likely already using (this aspect of membership often pays for itself)
The previously mentioned playbooks are essentially “checklists on steroids” that walk you through the step-by-step execution of proven marketing tactics, growth strategies, and carefully crafted campaigns.
Here are some playbooks included in the membership that you might find particularly useful:
- Editorial Calendar Playbook – Create an editorial calendar that will streamline your content creation and maximize the amount you’re able to crank out on a regular basis.
- Promo Calendar Playbook – Build a promotional calendar that roadmaps your customer communication to keep it consistent across all channels and media.
- 1-Minute Facebook Video Ad Playbook – Learn how to create a 1-minute video that turns ice-cold prospects into buyers and promoters of your business.
- Email List Builder Playbook – This roadmap will take you through every deliverable you need to build out a funnel to attract new leads and email subscribers.
- Homepage Builder Playbook – Learn how to create, and audit, a custom homepage that is sure to dazzle your customers – without being a designer
(These playbooks can also be purchased individually here.)
Ultimately, the goal of the DigitalMarketer Lab is to get you to learn by doing.
You’ll work on your own projects and be guided via checklists, templates, and trainings that have helped thousands of marketers, agencies, and entrepreneurs grow and scale their businesses.
Overall, the membership is quite a handy way to improve your skills, and you can try it for free before making a commitment.
Offered by: Skillshare
Created by: Buffer
- Demystifying key terms and vocabulary
- Setting campaign goals
- Targeting audience segments
- Developing compelling copy and visuals
- Iterating and optimizing campaigns for long-term success
Skill level: Beginner – Intermediate
About this course:
We are proud to introduce our brand new Skillshare class on social media advertising! This is a follow-up to our first Skillshare class (above) and will cover everything marketers and businesses need to know about succeeding with social media ads.
This introductory class is perfect for marketers, brands, small business, freelancers, and everyone looking to harness the potential of paid social advertising. By the end, you’ll be ready to run your first social media ad campaign — and connect with customers, convert views into action, and drive impact for long-term business success! Brian Peters (Digital Marketing Strategist at Buffer) walks through his process for custom social media advertising strategies.
ClickMinded offers a full-feature learning experience suited to both beginners and those who want to skill-up and refresh their marketing knowledge.
This course is recommended by AppSumo and Neil Patel and by now more than 3,000 students have enrolled to master SEO-specific skills.
When you’ve completed this course you will have a basic understanding of keyword research, link building, SEO fundamentals, and how to create a search-friendly website.
The course content is divided into 8 sections, with bonus lessons on “Enterprise link building,” “Local SEO,” “Pinterest SEO,” and “Amazon SEO.” Once students complete the course, they have the chance to earn a ClickMinded SEO Certification if they manage to pass the exam.
- 8 sections (numerous lessons)
- Bonus sections
- Videos, printable slides, quizzes
- Content Marketing Certificate
Pricing: Single course $497/Lifetime access to all ClickMinded courses $997
The Blueprint Training
Blueprint’s Content Marketing training puts particular focus on the importance of proper content creation by providing lessons on content development, content strategies, and content optimization.
This advanced content marketing program is designed to transform beginners into effective, industry-ready content specialists and SEO professionals.
If you sign up for this course, you’ll master various facets of content marketing, including SERP intent, keyword gaps, audience personas, and pitching.
The program provides lifetime access to all content marketing modules, video training, and a Slack Channel. What’s more, Blueprint updates its course every year to provide its students with high-quality and up-to-date content.
- 12 modules
- Video training
- Slack Channel access
Pricing: $499 (lifetime access)
Ahrefs’ Blogging for Business course is suitable for intermediate bloggers who want to turn their blog into an e-commerce business.
The course educates students on how to find great content ideas in their niche and how to create link-worthy content. There is a lesson focused on “outreach” and ways to promote blog content.
The content is tailored to provide users with an understanding of the marketing strategies needed to turn a blog into a booming e-commerce business.
The program also provides students with the chance to hear interviews with 3 prominent professionals in their field – Noah Kagan (founder of AppSumo), Ramsay Taplin (The Blog Tyrant) and Bryan Harris (List Building expert).
- 10 lessons
- Bonus interviews
Demand Curve provides personalized training in growth marketing. The course is taught by a team of experts and is most suitable for senior and strategic roles in marketing.
Demand Curve has a lot to offer for anyone seeking to learn cutting-edge digital marketing techniques as the company prides itself on providing high-quality and up-to-date content.
This course is pricey, but it doesn’t have pre-recorded content like most content marketing courses. Instead, students learn through Slack conversations and writing materials.
Demand Curve’s 3.5-week course provides students with numerous lessons including “Conversion tracking,” “Onboarding flows,” “A/B Tests,” and “Google Ads.”
- 3.5-week course
- Rich syllabus
- Curriculum access for 6 months
- Forum access for Q+A with instructors
- One-on-one mentorship
Pricing: $999 for Self-serve course/$5,800 for Full program
Becoming a Product Manager
Offered by LinkedIn Learning
Many people with premium LinkedIn accounts are unaware that the social media site offers thousands of free online courses for their members. You may have been familiar with the platform—which was previously called Lynda—before it became LinkedIn Learning. Most courses even offer a shareable certificate or badge that students can add to their profiles to highlight their marketable skills.
This free online course, Becoming a Product Manager, is just one of several offerings in PM that you will find on the site, and it’s well worth looking into. Students who complete the course will be equipped with an excellent overview of what it means to be a PM by exploring topics like:
• The title of a product manager
• Differences between project and product managers
• Various roles in product management
• Agile, lean, kanban, and scrum
• Customer development
• Phases of the product life cycle
• How to monitor your competitors
• Designing and running experiments
• Working with designers, executives, and engineers
This is a great course to take if you like milestones, as there are 13 chapter quizzes for students to monitor their progress. You’ll receive a certificate of completion when you have finished, and you can access the course on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop. If you do not have a premium LinkedIn membership, you can sign up for a 30-day trial membership that should give you more than enough time to complete this (and several other) courses. However, if you don’t want to get charged, be sure to cancel before your free trial expires.
Cost: Free Try a free trial for Linkedin Learning.
Time to Complete: 11 hours
User Experience: Excellent
Quality of Instruction: Excellent
• Download a completion certificate when you have finished
• Interactive with quizzes to test your progress
• Easy-to-navigate platform
• Need to cancel the membership after the trial to avoid being charged
Edit content on your website without knowing how to code! This online course teaches you the basics of Content Management Systems, allowing you to edit and update any content on your website through a friendly user interface.