Writing and publishing an article is only half the battle. You have to promote your content to make it more noticeable on the internet and search engines. Here are some of the methods we use on our blog that you can use on your own website.
There’re many free content ideas for blogs that you can use to optimize your business growth. There’re also many Free Content Ideas for Adsense. These would include building and retaining an audience, writing quality articles, staying up-to-date with the latest news and information, providing valuable resources for your readers, helping other bloggers or website owners with their content, creating personal profiles, and even commenting on other websites or blogs. You can use social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to connect with people looking for answers to their problems and changing public perception of their brands or businesses
Free Content Idea Tools
Our second method is to use free content idea tools.
There are tons of different ones, but they’re all pretty similar. Usually, you type in a keyword and the tool either spits out a bunch of ideas or it shows you some of the best performing content.
Here are some free content idea tools that you could use:
Sometimes they may give you ideas that don’t make sense. However, you can still use them, but turn them into a title that makes sense.
For example, the portent tool idea generator gave me this idea: “How affiliate marketing can improve your relationships”.
I could then turn that into “How Affiliate Marketing Can Improve Your Digital Marketing Skills”. So, you may have to do some switching, but it will still help you come up with new content ideas.
Look For Content Gaps
My next tip is to look for content gaps.
Have a look at your existing posts and try to find gaps that you have not yet covered. Maybe you linked out to somebody in the past, when you can create a much more relevant resource on that topic.
Or you may have covered two similar products in terms of reviews, but you never created a direct comparison. You would be surprised how many content gaps you can often have.
This can also help you become closer to that #1 resource that you are aiming to become.
By filling the gaps, you will slowly but steadily build your site out to cover a tremendous amount of topics in your niche.
Ask Your Audience
Who are you mainly writing for? Who is it that will read your content the most?
Of course, it’s your audience. They’re the ones supporting you and often they want something really specific covered that you haven’t covered yet.
This is a great opportunity to help your audience while getting free content ideas.
Now and again, just ask your following on social media or your email list. Often, you can get tons of ideas that your audience will love. It’s simple, but it’s also an effective method to get free content ideas.
Create Different Types Of Posts
There are so many different types of posts that you could make. Chances are, there are some types that you have never tried.
Or, if you have then there are probably some types that still have a lot of gaps.
To give you an idea of what I am talking about, here are some ideas:
Host a blog hop.
Pick a topic or theme. A good way to think of this is like a party — at parties, there’s usually a theme. Write up a few rules and a schedule of events. Set up a blog hop for a certain amount of time. For each of the days, provide a daily prompt. It will pull other bloggers into the fun of writing posts on that topic. Encourage bloggers to visit other bloggers’ posts who are also a part of the blog hop. Blog hops are a cool way to create a sense of community and get more comments. Have fun with
Useful Blog Post Ideas
- What is a problem that your target customer has? Present a solution.
- Have you used any new tools or applications recently that have helped improve your workflow?
- Have you figured out a way to save a few hours a week?
- What type of work do you try to accomplish while traveling on an airplane?
- If you recently hired someone, what questions helped you the most in making your decision?
- What products or services can you compare and contrast?
- Have you created a resource post?
- Create a helpful checklist for customers.
- What helpful books have you read recently?
- What blogs do you keep up with? Create a list.
- What helps you to be creative?
- Have you changed the way you work over the years? If so, how?
Educational Blog Post Ideas
- Can you walk your audience through a process, step by step?
- What are some of the common questions that people ask when they email you?
- What are some questions that people should be asking you, but aren’t?
- If someone was about to start in your field, what are the top things they should know?
- Create a list of the top 10 things you wish you knew when you started.
- Give speech notes from a recent presentation you gave.
- What are your aspirations for the week, month, and year?
- What is the history of your industry?
- Any important insights that you have learned in the past year?
- What type of things do you review to determine quality in your industry?
- What do you want to learn more about? Study it, and share what you learned.
- What are some terms in your industry that need explaining?
Roundup Blog Post Ideas
- Is there an industry leader or influencer you can interview?
- Have you thought about reaching out to multiple experts for their thoughts on a specific subject?
- Have you thought about sharing a list of top influencers to follow in your industry?
- Read any great quotes lately? Compile quotes on a specific topic.
- What are the best blog posts you have read lately? Make a compilation.
- What statistics or research are your customers interested in? Curate it for them.
- What are the most popular posts you have written? Share “the best of” your blog.
Fun Blog Post Ideas
- Are there any funny posts or videos you found lately that you can share?
- Can you share a recent travel experience?
- Anything unique or funny happen at the office this week?
- How did you decide to start your business?
- What are your hobbies outside of work?
- Create a list of inspirational quotes for your industry.
- Have you considered doing a video blog?
- What question can you ask your users? Create a survey or quiz.
- Share a story.
- Create an infographic.
- Create a parody.
- Can you share something from behind the scenes?
- Start a challenge for your audience to participate in.
- Announce a contest.
Timely Blog Post Ideas
- What is your favorite piece of industry news that you’ve come across recently?
- Is there a new product you can review?
- Have you read any Twitter posts lately that you feel deserves a longer response?
- Are you attending a conference where you can share your highlights from sessions?
- See any good movies lately? Share the lessons you learned from it.
- Survey your audience and share the results.
- What are the biggest trends in your industry?
- Are there any holidays coming up?
Controversial Blog Post Ideas
- Is there something that has frustrated you recently? Talk about it.
- Write an open letter to someone or a company.
- What are you particularly passionate about within your industry?
- How are the legal activities in your country affecting your business?
- Make a Myth vs. Fact post.
- What type of customer email are you most frustrated with?
- Summarize a modern debate and give your opinion.
- Share a debate between two people in your industry.
- Do you have any predictions for the future of your industry?
- Read a blog post recently that you disagreed with? Share your reaction.
Promotional Blog Post Ideas
- What sets your company apart?
- What is your company’s history?
- Where do you see your business in the next 5 years?
- What charities or organizations do you support?
- What sets your company apart from your competitors?
- How does your product compare to other products?
- What is a creative use of your product?
- What would you recommend your customers do in the first few weeks of using your product?
- Can you showcase your customers?
- Share a company update.
- Share a product update.
- What are some tips you can share for using your product?
- Share a case study.
Personal Blog Post Ideas
- What are some things that most people don’t know about you?
- What are your favorite movies?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Do you have an embarrassing story?
- What has been your greatest success in life so far?
- What are your most epic failures (and how did you overcome them)?
- What would you say to a younger version of yourself?
- What does a typical day in your life look like?
- What is your idea of the “perfect” day?
- If you could have lunch with one person, who would it be?
- What things make you happy?
- What things have you learned from your parents?
- What is an important lesson you learned recently?
Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
- What is your favorite restaurant?
- What is your fitness routine?
- What is your makeup routine?
- What things can’t you live without?
- Do you have a music playlist you can share?
- What books are on your shelf?
- What podcasts do you listen to?
- What is in your bag?
- What is your morning routine?
- What is your bedtime routine?
- How do you relax after a long day?
- Can you share pictures of your workplace?
- What are your hobbies?
- What are your favorite YouTube channels?
Above are some content ideas for you. But keep in mind, even if none of these ideas appeal to you, don’t be afraid to mix and match different things. Use a few of these ideas as inspiration. Think outside the box. Whatever you do, just make sure that your content is useful and valuable to your audience.