How’s your Facebook Page doing? Are you confident with your current marketing strategies? If you’re not, then you need our Free Facebook Competitive Analysis Report . This report won’t just ensure you’re on the right track, it will also leave you with a handful of solid strategy recommendations after we analyze your competition’s Facebook Page.
Before you begin your business marketing online, you need to figure out how you’re going to compete. I’ve created a free Facebook competitive analysis report that will walk you through all the things you need to know if you want to get ahead of your competitors.
Why Should You Do Facebook Competitor Analysis?
Whether you’re just starting out on Facebook or are an established brand, it’s essential to look to your competitors for tips and strategies.
Your Facebook competitors are likely vying for the same audience as you. In fact, if you’re just getting started, they’re already reaching your target audience.
So, it’s highly likely that the strategies they’re using to reach their target audience would work for you as well. This is a major reason why you should be leveraging Facebook competitor analysis. It would help you discover the strategies of your competitors.
Competitor analysis can also help you save on your budget as you’d be able to use tried-and-tested strategies of your competitors that can drive results. You could further optimize these and improve your results.
Now that you know why Facebook competitor analysis is important, let’s take a look at the best Facebook competitor analysis tools.
Social Status is a powerful social media marketing tool that comes with Facebook competitor analysis capabilities. Using it, you can easily benchmark engagement against your competitors on multiple social platforms. These include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Social Status also allows you to track the sentiment of your audience and that of the competitors based on the types of reactions used by the audience.
- Benchmarking based on tagging in comments and emoji usage
- Detailed analytics of competitors’ posts including impressions and engagement rate
- Ability to sort competitor content based on metrics like engagement, comments, likes, etc.
- Possible to understand competitors’ strategies based on content analysis
- Helps understand the different content formats used by competitors
- Easy to identify which sort of posts work the best
- Helps find optimal posting frequency
- Can discover themes and topics for better engagement
- Comes with a suite of social media tools
- Free version available
- Report credits aren’t available in the free version
Easy to use
Beginner to Advanced
- Free version available
- Starter: $29/month
- Pro: $199/month
- Business: $399/month
- Corporate: $599/month
- Enterprise: $1,499/month
BigSpy is a Facebook competitor analysis tool that’s specifically designed for social media ads. It boasts of a massive database of over 1 billion ads and supports over 6 major social networks, including Facebook.
Using it, you can easily discover the latest ads being used by other businesses in your niche and get ideas for your ads. Its powerful search features help you find and filter out ads based on a variety of factors such as countries, industries, CTA, date, and more.
- Daily trending ads
- Powerful filters like engagement, language, and marketing objective
- Ability to select how old the ad is
- Can sort ads based on a variety of parameters
- A unique popularity score
- Shows accurate ad details like impressions and duration
- Five advertisement ranking methods
- Doesn’t offer much beyond ads
Easy to use
VIP Enterprise: $9K to $29K per year
SocialPeta is a professional-level competitor advertising analysis tool. It provides advertising marketing strategies for many large businesses. SocialPeta can monitor advertising on multiple platforms in more than 50 countries. SocialPeta currently supports advertising platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Youtube, Google, Yahoo, and more.
SocialPeta’s competitor advertising analysis is more comprehensive and specific. It analyzes competitors’ advertisements from many angles and levels, such as advertising creativity, advertising effectiveness, advertising budget, advertising copy, and advertising crowd.
SocialPeta has stored more than 500 million creatives so far. As a professional advertising analysis tool, its analysis depth and perspective are valuable.
If a company wants to analyze the ads of competitors. At the same time, it wants to increase the advertising budget on Facebook and get more promotion results, SocialPeta can help you.
Price: From $ 59 per month
Sproutsocial is a management and analysis tool for social media platforms. When analyzing Facebook competitors, sproutsocial compares the overall Facebook performance with competitors. And produce a beautiful and fascinating report that can be exported to pdf format.
Sproutsocial’s Facebook competitor analysis report contains multiple facebook data. For example: engagement analysis, changes in fan growth, chat message graphs, brand monitoring, and more.
SproutSocial’s analysis report is applicable to enterprises, it can make enterprises understand the detailed data of competitors’ Facebook Page more clearly. Through the Facebook competitor analysis report, companies can understand the difference in brand engagement rate compared with competitors.
Cost: $ 99 to $ 249 per month
Socialbakers is a popular social media management tool used by Fortune 500 companies that also offers competitor analysis features for social media channels, including Facebook.
Socialbakers gives you an all-around view of your competitors and their strategies. It offers you the power of social listening functionality too so you can maintain an ear to the ground and find the conversations relevant to your brand (or indeed conversations about your competitors).
- Social listening for your brand and competitors
- Analysis of competitors’ conversations
- Ability to see what’s trending
- Market sentiment breakdown
- Easy to compare your brand with competitors
- Numerous metrics are compared very accurately
- Graphical display of comparison makes it easy to measure where you stand
- Comes with numerous other powerful tools for managing your social media presence
- Leaves more to be desired in terms of identifying competitors’ strategies
Easy to use
- $200 for 10 profiles
- $400 for 20 profiles
- Complete SocialBakers Platform: Custom pricing
Agorapulse is a simple but effective social media management software that helps you manage content and increase engagement on Facebook. The main functions of Agorapulse are: publishing content, analyzing data, audience management, and engagement calculations
Agorapulse can be used to schedule and publish facebook posts, monitor engagement and activity, then analyze this data.
During the Facebook competitor analysis, Agorapulse can generate a Facebook competitor comparison report. The report generated by Agorapulse is very comprehensive and looks great. It allows you to export as a PowerPoint presentation.
With Agorapulse, you can analyze Facebook pages and compare them to understand your competitors. It gives you tons of reports to help you keep track of your work. It has workflow collaboration capabilities for large teams.
Agorapulse ’s data on Facebook ’s competitor analysis report: competitor fan growth, competitor engagement rate, competitor post, competitor audience, and tags used by competitors
Pricing: $ 99 to $ 499 per month
Fanpage Karma is a Facebook competitor analysis tool that helps you analyze numerous profiles to help you discover your competitors’ strategies.
The tool helps you easily analyze the social media interactions of your competitors. Aside from this, Fanpage Karma also has community management features as well as publishing and scheduling features which bring all basic marketing needs together in one platform.
- Full featured social media management tool
- Custom dashboards with graphical reporting
- Alerts for high volume activities
- Content analysis and time of the day analysis
- Possible to analyze your own profiles
- Team collaboration features
- Ability to customize report colors
- Exporting to PDF
- Ability to share dashboards with external stakeholders
- Free for Facebook with a single profile
- Higher plans give access to multiple social platforms
- Can be quite costly for each additional user
Easy to use
- Bronze: $55.11 (€49) per month
- Silver: $167.57 (€149) per month
- Gold: $280.03 (€249) per month
- Platinum: $729.89 (€649) per month
Facebook’s official interests are not comprehensive, each search result shows up only about 25 interests, which can not fully match advertisers’ needs. But you can use Facebook interest targeting tool for help.
AdTargeting is one of the best Facebook interest targeting tool. You Get more hidden interests for your Facebook ads to target accurate audience and even your competitor’s audience. Use AdTargeting to target your competitor’s audience and get audience analysis report to target more easily, you only need to enter the competitor’s brand name or main interest in AdTargeting.
Sociality.io is yet another social media management tool that comes with listening and competitor analysis capabilities for channels like Facebook.
With the social listening features, you can see who’s talking about things related to your industry and brand. This would help you identify your competitors better.
Additionally, the competitor analysis would help you deep dive into your competitors’ Facebook pages. Based on that, you can see where you stand and accordingly tweak your social media strategy to outrank them.
- Head-to-head comparison with competitors
- Competitor content analysis to inform your content strategy
- Report preparation features for competitor analysis
- Easy to keep tabs on keywords related to your brand and competitors’ brands
- Historical data, publishing frequencies, and engagement rates, among other features available
- Easy to export reports and data
- Data presented well in charts and graphs
- Historical data gives better insight into the performance of your competitors
- Numerous metrics that can be tracked
- Restrictions for the size of the page you can add based on the plan
Moderately easy to use
- Team: $60/month
- Business: $180/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Hootsuite is arguably the most used social media management tool out there. In addition to an array of other features, it offers a competitor analysis tool for multiple social platforms, including Facebook. What makes this tool worth your money and time is the fact that you can track every activity of your competitor right from your dashboard.
Hootsuite lets you easily set up custom streams on various topics of your interest and see who’s posting content related to those topics. You can also search for posts created by your competitors and see how they’re performing.
- Possible to track keywords and topics
- Shows demographics, location, date, and more related to a post
- Integrations with social listening tools like Brandwatch and Talkwalker
- Alerts for mentions spikes
- Helps identify your competitors and other thought leaders
- Real-time overview of online conversations
- Easy to set up custom streams for focusing on essential topics
- Offers a free version
- Doesn’t offer very advanced competitor analytics features
Easy to use
- Free plan
- Professional: $49/month
- Team: $129/month
- Business: $599/month
- Enterprise: Custom
You want to tackle your competitor head-on, but how can you best do it? Who knows what’s working for them and what isn’t? Get a free Facebook competitive analysis report and find out!