Have you heard of Social Media Management tools? Do you need one but the price is just too expensive? Well luckily open source social media management software exists! What are they and how do they differ from their more costly counterparts?
So you’re looking for a social media management tool, but are simply not willing to pay your monthly service fees. In other words, you prefer to use open source software. So what is the best solution out there? We’ve put together this list of the top open source social media management tools to help get you started.
What is Social Media Management Software?
Social media management software (SMMS) is an application or software module that is designed to integrate the activities on various social media networking sites so as to help the brands in managing and analyzing their social media presence and interactions. Primarily used for increasing brand awareness, this software can also help in managing social profiles for distinguished personalities. SMMS integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, and other popular social media platforms to provide the social media managers insights about customer’s perception of their brand on these platforms.
Socioboard is a free and open source social media management software that has powerful social media suite for all businesses. It generates reports and analyzes data to help social media managers make informed business decisions.
- Live chat, a news feed, timeline, profiles, events, notifications
- Highly customizable and scalable open-source interface.
- Scheduling & publishing is easy with Socioboard
- It generates tickets to reply to negative comments
- RSS Feed to distribute a list of headlines, notices, and content to the audience automatically
- Google Analytics integration to track website traffic.
- The innovative feature of Sentiment analysis conducts language processing, text analysis, and computational linguistics.
- Sophisticated analytics and interactive social discovery tools
- Team collaboration tools and 24/7 Technical Support
- Social CRM tools and Helpdesk integration
The first platform for successful multiple Facebook account management
f-boardpro is a multiple Facebook account management platform trusted by businesses, agencies, and individuals to help you to log in to multiple Facebook accounts from your iOS or Android device.
f-boardpro has special features include: you can schedule a post by selecting an image with a caption text and scheduling time and date. It is used for publishing, engagement, and team collaboration.
This platform is user-friendly, timely, easy, and more. It has a full installation guide for android and iOS devices. It is written with Java and Objective-C languages.
- Multi accounts manager
- Home feeds
- Comments view
- It has a section for people who liked
- Pages feed
- With it, you can see your friends list
- You can see the profile timeline post
- Open source
First amazing Twitter management solution
TwtBoard is a social media management tool built specifically for Twitter marketing, management, and analytics. On top of most features that social media management tools provide, It allows you to manage all your Twitter accounts for free, it makes their users do regular activities like viewing profiles, sending and receiving tweets, retweets, and more.
TwtBoard has some impressive integrations such as tools to organize their friend’s tweets, Twitter fans could handle as many tweets received from friends.
It is available on the web, desktop, and mobiles(Android and iOS). It is written in C# language.
- Follower Management
- Tweet Management
- Unfollowers Management
- Account Actions
- Retweet and Favorite
- Campaign Manager
- Tweet Creator
Hootsuite is a free social media management software that supports social network integration for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Hootsuite offers a free plan with features to manage multiple networks, scheduling content, and engaging with the audience in a single dashboard. In the free plan, one can manage up to 3 social media profiles. It requires only one password for three profiles on different social networking sites. It provides support and online help through the community forum. It also helps users to find and share important content from verified sources. It allows users to schedule posts to keep regular contact with the audience automatically.
- Two RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed integration to easily distribute content to a large number of people.
- Users can curate their content by searching for popular hashtags or keywords.
- Its content library feature their content efficiently.
- Its hootlet extension allows to post or schedule content without even the need to login into the social accounts.
- Users can track the social post-performance in different timeframes through customizable reports with over 200 metrics.
- Allows searching and filtering social conversations in multiple languages.
- Users can see messages and comments on multiple social networks in one place.
- The metrics measure the influence of social media content across multiple channels and campaigns.
- The reports can be exported in Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, and CSV formats.
Everypost is a free social media management software that facilitates handling customizing and scheduling posts with visual content to create a greater impact on the audience. With this tool it is very easy to inspect the latest multimedia content from different social networks.
- Every Post focuses on Visual content as a strong and effective social media strategy to gain more engagements.
- Users can create groups of social networks.
- Users can share content from other sources to increase engagement metrics.
- Everypost gives users the ability to customize your content to suit the style
- Various post customization options are available, and each Post can be customized differently.
- Collaboration and managing roles and permission levels between team members.
- It allows custom scheduling of posts, previous multimedia post-viewing, and option to delete previously scheduled posts.
The most intelligent analysis tool on Twitter
tinfoleak is more than a Twitter management tool; it is a powerful analysis twitter tool that automates the extraction of information on Twitter and facilitates subsequent analysis. It analyzes the Twitter timeline to extract great volumes of data.
tinfoleakis great for researchers who want to organize, analyze the data and extract the whole benefits from it.
It can extract the account information, user activity, protected accounts, user relations, hashtags, mentions, likes, and more.
It is licensed under CC-BY-SA-4.0 License and written in python and HTML.
- Automate the extraction of information
- Facilitates subsequent analysis for the generation of intelligence
- Taking a user identifier, geographic coordinates, or keywords
- It is included in several Linux Distributions
- Open source
This nice little tool allows you to see how far your tweets travel.
Who should use it?
Everyone from a social media manager to a consultant to a celebrity can get value from this tool.
Basically anybody who is interested in finding out how effective their tweets are based upon the number of people they touch will learn something.
This is also useful from a metric standpoint when you are justifying results with senior management or partners.
By the way, this is one of the tools that helped me learn how to get more retweets.
Sprout Social is an all-in-one social media management platform for social listening, analytics, and interaction. You can also connect with influencers and advocates.
Who should use it?
Sprout Social is great for small teams, agencies, and large corporations alike.
If you’re struggling to understand how to connect on an individual level with so many followers, this might be the tool for you.
Ever wondered what people are saying about your brand? With Brand24 you don’t have to stay in the dark.
Brand24 works by tracking conversations about your brand, your competitors, and your business.
You’ll learn what people are saying, what they’re complaining about, and how you can improve. Best of all, you’ll get actionable data to improve going forward.
Who should use it?
Any company looking to understand their social presence and start building a sales funnel from their social media account.
When it comes to Twitter, quality is more important than quantity. It’s who you follow and who follows you.
ReFollow is a premium application that allows you to lock in those followers that you’ve connected with… and keep them.
Other features include filtering a search on your Twitter circle to uncover insights and unique relationships, like what you have in common with certain followers.
This can lead you to connecting with someone who you might not be connected with on Twitter, but have a lot in common with.
With ReFollow, you can spark a conversation and build a relationship with a simple DM.
Who should use it?
This tool is perfect for the person who wants to grow a list of highly-qualified, like-minded people slowly.
If your concern is quality over quantity, which it should be, then ReFollow is your tool.
HumHub is an open source social networking software. It is widely used and some with self-hosting capabilities. This free collaborative platform is highly extensible and offers rich themes and modules. It lets users create public or private spaces for any use such as any particular task base space or any other. In addition, members can leverage almost all social media actions such as they can comment, like, follow or post anything. Moreover, they can manage their profiles and can perform a global search. Moreover, this social network tool offers an online version where anyone can experience this free tool. The user interface of HumHub is very logical and users can navigate through various elements easily. It is written in PHP and easy to set up on servers. You can find the source code of HumHub on Github.
Following are the prominent features:
- Activity Stream
- Rich Dashboard
- Support For Media Files
- Social Tools
One of the most important parts of your social media marketing strategy is to keep track of it. How do you do that in the most efficient way? I’ll tell you…by using an open source software solution. But what is open source social media management, and why use a solution like that?