Run your social media network analysis using the open source software platform. This software makes it possible for users to perform empirically-grounded, interpretive analyses of online interactions and their contexts.
The social media listening tool (social media analytics) of Facebook and Twitter is a powerful tool that lets you keep an eye on everything you are interested in, whether it be competitors, customer service, or customer acquisition. There are two primary uses for this tool: firstly to monitor brand conversations, and secondly to analyze the effectiveness or impact of social media campaigns.
Using Social Media for Customer Engagement by Businesses:
Social media has stretched its boundaries from being just a social network platform for friends and acquaintances to becoming an inevitable avenue for businesses today.
It is often quoted that – ‘trend is your friend,’ and in the current business environment, social media engagement is the trend. The growth of a business largely depends upon the customers’ engagement with the brand. Customers are very sensitive about the online reputation of the brands they use. Any dent to the online credibility of your brand can ruin the business, therefore maintaining the online stature of the brand is extremely important for the growth of any business. Research suggests that companies that engage their customers efficiently on social media platforms are more likely to get business than their rivals. This makes the social media management strategy a deciding factor for the success of any brand.
Why is social media management so important for businesses?
- Providing customer care services through social media:
Customers appreciate when brands reply to their grievances on social media platforms; it makes them feel more connected to the brand.
- Increasing your credibility:
Brands that have a presence on social media platforms are seen as more trustworthy by customers than those who are not. When customers see other buyers actively participating in discussions involving the review, feedback, or after-sales service of a brand, they become sure of the brands’ authenticity.
- Creating a story around your brand:
Your brand should not only satisfy your customer but should also create the emotional connect by inspiring them. No other avenue provides the ease of spreading a story around your brand as social media does. Sharing Instagram stories Facebook live, sharing videos of other happy customers and other engaging content helps you to communicate the story or the idea behind your brand.
- Disseminating information in a creative way:
The growing popularity of social media can be attributed to its creative potential. Brands that use social media for disseminating information regarding new product releases, company news, promotional news, research, or any other expansion plans are likely to get more traction than any other medium.
- Two-way communication:
When businesses use social media for reaching their customers, it allows them to get the customers feedback, views, or opinion about their action, which is not possible with most of the traditional modes. Social media ensures the willing participation of your customers in the business process. Social media has become a two-way information process.
It is very clear that social media management is an important factor to retain existing customers and add new ones. Social media management requires skilled people who can handle multiple tasks and social networks at the same time. These people are called as Social Media Managers.
Social media managers have to handle an enormous amount of social activity, and therefore, they rely on certain tools that increase their efficiency to manage their social media strategy. These tools are termed as Social Media Management Software.
What is Social Media Management Software?
Social media management software (SMMS) is an application or software module that is designed to integrate the activities on various social media networking sites so as to help the brands in managing and analyzing their social media presence and interactions. Primarily used for increasing brand awareness, this software can also help in managing social profiles for distinguished personalities. SMMS integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, and other popular social media platforms to provide the social media managers insights about customer’s perception of their brand on these platforms.
The first platform for successful multiple Facebook account management
f-boardpro is a multiple Facebook account management platform trusted by businesses, agencies, and individuals to help you to log in to multiple Facebook accounts from your iOS or Android device.
f-boardpro has special features include: you can schedule a post by selecting an image with a caption text and scheduling time and date. It is used for publishing, engagement, and team collaboration.
This platform is user-friendly, timely, easy, and more. It has a full installation guide for android and iOS devices. It is written with Java and Objective-C languages.
- Multi accounts manager
- Home feeds
- Comments view
- It has a section for people who liked
- Pages feed
- With it, you can see your friends list
- You can see the profile timeline post
- Open source
Hootsuite is a free social media management software that supports social network integration for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Hootsuite offers a free plan with features to manage multiple networks, scheduling content, and engaging with the audience in a single dashboard. In the free plan, one can manage up to 3 social media profiles. It requires only one password for three profiles on different social networking sites. It provides support and online help through the community forum. It also helps users to find and share important content from verified sources. It allows users to schedule posts to keep regular contact with the audience automatically.
- Two RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed integration to easily distribute content to a large number of people.
- Users can curate their content by searching for popular hashtags or keywords.
- Its content library feature their content efficiently.
- Its hootlet extension allows to post or schedule content without even the need to login into the social accounts.
- Users can track the social post-performance in different timeframes through customizable reports with over 200 metrics.
- Allows searching and filtering social conversations in multiple languages.
- Users can see messages and comments on multiple social networks in one place.
- The metrics measure the influence of social media content across multiple channels and campaigns.
- The reports can be exported in Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, and CSV formats.
Key benefit: See how much traffic and leads flow to your website from your social media channels
Paid or free: Free tool
Skill level: all skill levels
Best for: all social media professionals should be familiar with Google Analytics, but especially those who work for a web-based business
You’ve probably heard of Google Analytics already. That’s because it’s one of the best free tools to use to learn about your website visitors. And if you’re a social marketer who likes to drive traffic to your website, then it’s an invaluable resource to have in your back pocket.
While it’s not a social media reporting tool per se, you can use it to set up reports that will help you:
- See which social media platforms give you the most traffic
- See what content drives the most leads and traffic on which social networks
- Get to know your audience with demographic data
- Calculate the ROI of your social media campaigns
With these data points, you’ll be able to get the most out of your social media campaigns and effectively strategize for the future. No social media strategy is complete without Google analytics.
Everypost is a free social media management software that facilitates handling customizing and scheduling posts with visual content to create a greater impact on the audience. With this tool it is very easy to inspect the latest multimedia content from different social networks.
- Every Post focuses on Visual content as a strong and effective social media strategy to gain more engagements.
- Users can create groups of social networks.
- Users can share content from other sources to increase engagement metrics.
- Everypost gives users the ability to customize your content to suit the style
- Various post customization options are available, and each Post can be customized differently.
- Collaboration and managing roles and permission levels between team members.
- It allows custom scheduling of posts, previous multimedia post-viewing, and option to delete previously scheduled posts.
Social oomph falls into the category of free social media management software that has features of an advanced scheduling and publishing tool. It automates social media activities across various social networks.
- Social oomph enables the users to manage their own social posts and those of their clients, in one account.
- Scheduling at the preferred time slot.
- Creating posts and uploading multiple posts is allowed.
- There is an option to separate client data from users.
- Users can make assign associates and subordinates to their account; assign special roles and authorize admin to work on selected profiles and blogs.
- Videos/images are restricted from the bulk upload.
- Allows Tagging and grouping posts to search them easily.
- Users can create social, and blog posts from RSS feed entries automatically.
- Social oomph has a feature to set a limit on the number of the posts users post in a given interval of time.
- This prevents social media managers from posting too frequently.
- Creating posts with the help of other services such as IFTTT is possible.
- It’s content planning tools helps to implement marketing campaigns easily.
Open source social media analytics tools provide companies and individuals with the ability to use data to make critical business decisions.