Welcome to Content Creation for Web content. This course is designed for the beginner or intermediate user of several web content tools like WordPress, Joomla and Drupal. It translates this assumes you know nothing about web design, to help you create your own unique website using freely available content management systems and open source software.
Want to learn Web Content Creation? This course covers all the basics from idea generation through turning your ideas into finished content. Whether you are an experienced content marketer or have never had any contact with digital media and SEO, this course is designed for everyone.
If you’re looking for a free resource to help you get started in content creation and marketing, the first thing I recommend doing is signing up for the Marketing Lab offered by the folks at DigitalMarketer.com.
Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned marketer, this program will make your job easier by providing you with the following resources:
- A library of 36 marketing playbooks (& more added every month)
- Timely and tactical one-day workshops that you can attend live or watch in your own time
- A supportive community of 10,000+ marketers that you can tap into to find answers to your questions, even if it’s 2am
- Exclusive discounts and deals on tools you’re likely already using (this aspect of membership often pays for itself)
The previously mentioned playbooks are essentially “checklists on steroids” that walk you through the step-by-step execution of proven marketing tactics, growth strategies, and carefully crafted campaigns.
Here are some playbooks included in the membership that you might find particularly useful:
- Editorial Calendar Playbook – Create an editorial calendar that will streamline your content creation and maximize the amount you’re able to crank out on a regular basis.
- Promo Calendar Playbook – Build a promotional calendar that roadmaps your customer communication to keep it consistent across all channels and media.
- 1-Minute Facebook Video Ad Playbook – Learn how to create a 1-minute video that turns ice-cold prospects into buyers and promoters of your business.
- Email List Builder Playbook – This roadmap will take you through every deliverable you need to build out a funnel to attract new leads and email subscribers.
- Homepage Builder Playbook – Learn how to create, and audit, a custom homepage that is sure to dazzle your customers – without being a designer
(These playbooks can also be purchased individually here.)
Ultimately, the goal of the DigitalMarketer Lab is to get you to learn by doing.
You’ll work on your own projects and be guided via checklists, templates, and trainings that have helped thousands of marketers, agencies, and entrepreneurs grow and scale their businesses.
Overall, the membership is quite a handy way to improve your skills, and you can try it for free before making a commitment.
Looking to leverage the power of Instagram stories?
In this content creation course, product photographer Mina Barrio reveals the secrets of creating and editing Instagram content in an attractive and professional way.
First, you’ll get a brief introduction to Mina’s work, her influences, and some of her favorite Instagram profiles.
Next, you’ll learn the difference between Instagram feed posts and Instagram Stories and why it’s important to use this tool to get more and better reach with your followers.
You’ll then create a content strategy focused on your goals, analyze different types of content, and learn how to use the text resources, images, gifs, emojis, etc. that you can find on Instagram.
Finally, Mina will walk you through some of her other favorite content creation and editing apps and how to use them.
- Content Creation
- Editing the Content
- Story Format
- Optimizing Instagram Stories
- Final Project
Key course features:
- 22 Lessons (3h 0m)
- 15 Additional resources (6 files)
- Online and at your own pace
- Available from the app
- Audio: English, Spanish
- Captions: Spanish, English, Portuguese, German, French, Italian
- Level: Beginner
- Certificate upon completion
Cracking the Creativity Code: Discovering Ideas
We’ve often heard that we content creators should write ten ideas every day to strengthen our creativity muscle. This advice, though, can be extremely hard to follow at the start of our journeys. Without knowing how to tap into our creativity, searching for new ideas can feel like going to our new home’s bathroom without the lights on.
This Coursera course (which can be taken for free), then, is like your phone’s flashlight. It’ll help you find the bathroom the first few times. After that, you’ll probably find your way out of muscle memory.
Created by two innovation professors who are also entrepreneurs, Cracking the Creativity Code: Discovering Ideas explains proven tools and frameworks for finding new ideas, such as the “Zoom in, Zoom out, Zoom in” method.
Though it was designed for entrepreneurs who want to build the next big thing, content creators will benefit as well. So if you’re just starting out or want to increase the quality of your ten ideas per day, give this course a shot.
Viral Marketing and How To Craft Contagious Content
Once you can consistently come up with good ideas, the next content creator hurdle appears: How can you increase the odds of creating something with virality potential?
For this, check out Coursera’s course, Viral Marketing and How To Craft Contagious Content. Created by Wharton, it explains how you can tell whether an idea is sticky (it has virality potential) and how to increase its stickiness by following six science-backed success factors.
Moreover, the course also offers proven methods to increase your influence, how to generate word-of-mouth, and how to use social networks to increase your odds of virality.
All content creators dream of having at least one viral hit. Though luck and timing play a big role in this, applying the learnings of this course will increase your odds.
Content Marketing Masterclass is a bestselling content creation course on Udemy that teaches you how to plan and execute a content marketing strategy that drives your business forward.
The course is taught by Brad Merrill, the CEO of Merrill Media, a modern holding company focused on building independent, scalable businesses at the intersection of technology and media.
With over 10 years of industry experience, he provides you all the tools and strategies you need to successfully market your products and services in the digital age.
In this comprehensive course, you’ll cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Content Marketing and Copywriting Essentials: Discover what content marketing is, how it works, how to tell a compelling story, and a number of tips to help you become a better writer.
- Web Design: How to optimize your website for content marketing and build a well-oiled, lead-generating machine.
- Idea Generation and Content Repurposing: Get to know your audience and what they like, and learn how to create an endless stream of fresh content by repurposing your existing content.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization): Optimize your site for search engines and drive free, organic search traffic to your content.
- Content Promotion and External Marketing: Learn to actively promote your content and drive traffic from a variety of sources.
- Measuring Your Results: Collect and analyze data to measure the results of your content marketing efforts, and ensure that you’re always making progress toward your goals.
The knowledge you gain from this class will help you master the content creation techniques you need to build a business from scratch or enhance your existing strategy.
You’ll move beyond the surface level and dive deep to fully understand your customer’s buying journey and how your content can inspire people to take action.
Key course features:
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 12 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
Quick Sprout, founded by Neil Patel, is a one-stop hub for learning online marketing. Quick Sprout University offers an extensive library of videos where you can learn every aspect of online marketing, including content marketing and SEO. The content marketing course is sorted by Beginner and Intermediate.
The best thing is that the course walks you through the recommended practices in content marketing, which you can implement right into your content strategy to attract more leads and convert them into customers. Moreover, you can enroll in any course at Quick Sprout University without creating an account or submitting your email address.
To consistently produce high-quality content that attracts your ideal audience, you’ll need to constantly hone your content marketing skills. By enrolling in the above courses, you’ll learn techniques to brainstorm potential content ideas, create compelling content, and repurpose it to acquire leads and customers.
Ahref’s Blogging for Business
Ahref offers 10 free tutorials that teach you how to grow your blog (or website) beyond 100,000 monthly visitors and convert them into paying customers. Tutorials include the compound effect of content marketing, how to analyze the traffic potential of a keyword, creating content ideas and how to optimize articles.
The course can be accessed on Ahref’s website as modules, or YouTube as a video series.
Discover how you can use your existing knowledge to start a web content writing business in your spare time and make money online from home.