In the era of digital marketing, many marketing communication tools allow you to engage your audience and create a brand image. In this article, I am going to tell you about marketing communication tools.
What are Marketing Communication Tools?
Simply put, the tools that help your marketing team to support sales and generate awareness about your product or brand are known as marketing communication tools. The main purpose of marketing communication tools is to connect with the target audience effectively, regardless of the mode of communication.
List of Marketing Communication Tools
Following are the best 18 marketing communication tools to reinforce your brand message and promote sales:
- AdvertisingThis is one of the biggest communication tools that marketing teams have. The greatest advantage of this mode is that it can be paid and unpaid, both. Advertising has a wide reach and great for small-scale companies or start-ups that are going low on the marketing budget.Advertising is based on above the line marketing. So, it is ideal for brands that do not have much exposure or a target audience.
- Sales promotionThe sales promotion tool is all about promoting your product. It is a great communication tool, particularly because of direct interaction with the customers. One of the benefits of sales promotion is that you can promote the product directly to the consumer effectively and promptly. It builds brand loyalty and helps your brand to flourish.Sales promotion comes in all forms such as free samples, gift vouchers, discounts, deals, etc.
- Direct marketingIn today’s world, we regard online marketing as direct marketing. Direct mails to get prospects and lead have more benefits than conventional marketing.Thanks to personalization tools, consumers find direct mails and catalogs easier to process. Moreover, direct online marketing yields a high response rate as compared to traditional marketing. Commercials do not catch much attention but giving access to consumers in receiving messages can definitely change the game.
- Email campaignsEmail marketing is another great tactic for marketing communication. Overall, it enables a brand to generate more leads and prospects while driving traffic to their official website. Moreover, this marketing tool is a self-lead-qualifying process.
- NewsletterLikewise, newsletters are a great way to nurture prospects and leads. If you have a strong list of recipients, you can send personalized content straight to their inboxes. This tactic enables you to drag them to sales funnel pages. Consequently, keeping them engaged with your brand.
- Personal sellingThink of it as a great communication tool in which the salesperson goes to the potential customers himself and promote the product through its benefits and features.While doing so, a salesperson must follow the dynamics of AIDAS. This is a mandatory cycle to follow if you are looking to increase the sales.Even though personal selling requires a lot of hard work, the results are usually positive. So, you can say it’s a long shot but its worth it.
- Public relationsWith this tool, you can improve your brand’s image and place in the market. Maintaining public relations with influential people across the industry is a great tool to grow your business.Using this tool at the right time and in front of the right people can help you increase sales dramatically. One of the greatest advantages of this tool is that you do not have to spend much on public PR campaigns as publicity is not a significant part of public relations.
- Social mediaSocial media allows the brands to reach a wide base of the target audience while promoting their products and company values through videos, ads, photos, videos, and great content.For example, Tiktok has become a broad platform for brands to reach consumers through video makers.Potential customers, nowadays, love to connect to the brands using social media platforms. Other than that, you can even put up testimonials on these platforms to attract more customers in the long run.
- CatalogsThe primary use of catalogs is to announce the launch of a new product. However, the key to success lies in holding a true value proposition. Catalogs, when combined with email marketing are a great way to convey information to your potential and existing customers.
- Trade showsTrade shows are becoming more and more popular. With the pandemic going on, online trade shows are becoming a thing now. Many brands are adopting and hosting trade shows to introduce a new product/service.A trade show is a great chance for the customers to meet the brand representative and give valuable feedback.
- SeminarsSeminars can make or break your brand in the industry. It is a great tool for you to engage with customers. but how? Well, you can invite a lot of customers so that they can learn about your brand or service. However, seminars are not hosted for product promotion. The main purpose is to give valuable knowledge to improve the brand’s loyalty.
- WebinarsWebinars have the potential to establish your brand/company as a thought and successful leader in the industry. In fact, it is an outlet where consumers can learn more about your brand’s values, beliefs, and objectives.
- ForumsForums hold great importance when it comes to communication with the consumers. The main benefit of forums is that you can use it to address various on-going issues and topics. Moreover, you can relate the current world affairs to your product and even use them to increase your sales.
- SurveysSurveys are great for getting valuable feedback and improving your business.
- Mobile appsCreating a mobile app for your brand to shop online is a great way to reach a wide base of consumers.
- PodcastsWith podcasts, you can discuss a new topic or a Fashion trend with the visitors. It helps to keep your customers engaged.
- SponsorshipSponsorship can help you reach customers on a global basis. Moreover, it can place you above your competitors in the market.
- Interactive marketingEvent-based marketing is a great tool to increase conversions, ultimately leading to more sales. It tends to bring a lot of audience engagement and feedback from valuable customers. Other than that, a successful interactive marketing plan can make you go viral on social media.
Advertising & Sales Promotions
Advertising is one of the most prominent and widely used communication tools in a marketing campaign, as its main feature is increasing awareness. Ads can be effective not only for marketing your product or service but also for marketing your brand. Typically, advertising makes use of above-the-line (ATL) media campaigns because of the type of reach that can be achieved. Above-the-line marketing is often used by brands that aim to have a large, diversified market because ATL marketing has mass appeal. Some examples of ATL marketing include TV, radio, print media, cinema, and outdoor media such as billboards, transit advertising, and commuter displays.
Everyone loves a discount, which is why sales promotions are very popular marketing communications tools. Usually, discounts and coupons are used to get new customers, whereas memberships and loyalty programs are used for customer retention. There are three main types of sales promotions marketers use. The first is the discount that tempts the customer to make their first purchase. Think of when you’re browsing an online retailer’s website and see a pop-up stating you’ll get 10% off your first order if you enter your email address. The second is deadline discounts, which encourage your audience to “act fast before it’s too late” (i.e. holiday sales, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday). Finally, we have membership discounts, which focus on program tiers. These encourage customers to continue making purchases through your company to receive more premium discounts. Essentially, sales promotions help your brand build trust and authority with new customers.
Social media allows brands to engage with their audience while also providing information on their products, services, and values. From Twitter to TikTok, social media has rapidly become a valuable method for consumers to research a brand before the organization is even aware of the buyer’s interest. Potential customers can find social proof through other customers who have interacted with brands on social media channels. Additionally, brands have the opportunity to make themselves more human as they engage with their audience.
Direct Mail & Catalogs
While online marketing has taken the world by storm over the years, there is still great value in an offline marketing plan. In an increasingly digital world, direct mail and print catalogs can help generate leads and offer benefits that online marketing cannot thanks to localization and personalization. Many consumers find direct mail and catalogs easier to understand, as one study found that it takes 21% less cognitive effort to process.
Additionally, direct mail has also been proven to yield a higher average response rate when compared to digital. Finally, print ads won’t actively disrupt your viewer’s activity to get their attention, granting them the freedom to choose when they’ll receive your marketing message and thus allowing it to hit at the optimal time.
Email Campaigns & Newsletters
Email marketing is another tried and true tactic for lead generation. What’s more, it allows a brand to identify better-quality leads. Since email marketing itself is a lead qualifying system, you can see a prospect’s interest based on the fact that they signed up for your list, whether or not they open your emails, and if they click on any of the links within your emails.
Likewise, email newsletters are a powerful way to nurture leads by providing recipients with targeted and personalized content straight to their inboxes. This helps push them further down the funnel and keeps them engaged with your brand.
Trade Shows, Webinars, & Seminars
Trade shows, seminars, and webinars are great tools to address issues, generate leads, and introduce a new product or service. Trade shows allow consumers to meet with brand representatives face-to-face, providing a more personable experience. Seminars and webinars can also establish your brand as a thought leader in your industry, giving consumers a convenient outlet to learn about your product or service.
How Brand Management Helps Streamline Marketing Efforts
As you can see, there is a vast array of marketing communication tools to choose from. Developing a customized integrated marketing communications strategy for your marketing campaigns will enable your organization to successfully hit your KPIs. However, with so many different marketing channels and various assets used for different types of communication efforts, it can be challenging to keep brand consistency, identity, and legal compliance top of mind. Utilizing brand asset management software can help with just that.
Imagine you’re preparing for a large trade show at the end of the month, on top of maintaining your other always-on campaigns. You’ll likely need some customized assets for the trade show booth, such as pamphlets, business cards, and other marketing collateral. With the help of a brand management solution, you not only have access to your organization’s brand guidelines via your custom user profile, but you can use the system to order your promotional goods quickly and easily. What’s more, you can simultaneously manage your always-on campaigns thanks to your brand management solution’s social capabilities, ensuring brand-compliant messages across all channels.
By utilizing a centralized system built to manage all of your communication efforts, your brand’s story will speak loud and clear, driving brand equity. Assessing how and when your brand chooses to communicate is a strategic tactic that will ultimately help you build a better brand over time. For more information on how brand management solutions can streamline your marketing communication efforts, be sure to check out our solutions.
Effective integrated marketing communication tools are essential for ensuring that all of your brand’s marketing efforts complement each other and promote a consistent message.
By utilizing and combining some of the above marketing communication tools, you will be able to deliver your brand’s message, loudly, and with more transparency. Communicating with your audience will help you build your brand in the future. Therefore, streamlined marketing communication campaigns and solutions can improve your sales and brand image.