Several different marketing tools can be used, but which ones should you be using as part of your marketing strategy? In this post, I’ll take a look at what the most popular tools are and how they can be used.
If you are a marketing professional or even anyone who’s setting up a new business, this article will help you understand the different marketing tools.
Marketing tools are an essential part of the internet business landscape. Increasing your productivity is the first step to increasing your ROI. The more you know, the better decisions you can make. According to an Ethan Banks article, “Marketing is the whole process of positioning a product or service to connect it successfully to customers.” So what are the different available marketing tools?
Social Media Marketing and Management
Hootsuite is among the top-rated social media management software providing marketers the ability to manage all their social media campaigns. By having this software on your side, you can easily plan, create, and schedule all your social media campaigns with relative ease.
It’s also possible to manage your social media teams effectively with Hootsuite. You can set different permission levels for individual team members and control what they can access. You can regulate the permissions separately at the organizational level, team level, and social account level.
- Performance monitoring of all your social media from one place
- Allows you to create and manage social media ad campaigns
- View customer messages and queries from different social media accounts and reply to them directly from Hootsuite’s Inbox
- The user interface seems dull and outdated in terms of design
- A fair amount of time required to get familiar with the software’s functionality
What’s Hootsuite Best For?
Hootsuite is the ideal choice for anyone who wants to integrate and manage several social media accounts from a centralized location.
How Much Do You Need to Pay for Using Hootsuite?
Hootsuite has four different pricing plans:
- Professional – $29 per month (1 user) (10 social profiles)
- Team – $129 per month (3 users) (20 social profiles)
- Business – $599 per month (5+ users) (35 social profiles)
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
Capterra – (4.3 / 5) stars
G2 – (4.1 / 5) stars
If you want to manage the social media of your business simply and effectively, Crowdfire is the ideal app that you need on your side. It is one of the best social media management platforms and offers the best-in-class features to help you stay on top of your social media profiles and campaigns.
By using Crowdfire, it’ll become easier for you to boost your social media engagement and growth. Moreover, the platform allows you to publish content on blogs, and you can also interact with customers to provide them excellent customer service. You can also discover relevant content to share with your audience and even schedule posts to publish them automatically at different times.
- Easy to learn and use
- You can curate articles as well as images to be used across your social media accounts
- Queue meter helps you ensure that your social profiles stay active
- Customizable reports simplify the way you measure, track and understand your business’s ROI
- Competitive pricing
- Doesn’t work well with LinkedIn
- The free version comes with a limited set of features
What’s Crowdfire Best For?
Crowdfire is flexible enough to meet the social media management needs of individuals, agencies, and businesses.
How Much Do You Need to Pay for Using Crowdfire?
Crowdfire has three pricing plans:
- Plus – $7.48 per month (5 social media accounts)
- Premium – $37.48 per month (10 social media accounts)
- VIP – $74.98 per month (25 social media accounts)
Capterra – (4.1 / 5) stars
G2 – (3.9 / 5) stars
Buffer is yet another popular app for managing multiple social media accounts using a simple dashboard. You can integrate all the major social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn with the app.
You can draft posts, schedule them, and analyze the performance of each social media campaign. With Buffer, you can harness the power of social media to increase the brand awareness of your organization and drive customer engagement.
- Remarkable UI and UX design
- The in-built calendar lets you see all your scheduled content on different social platforms at a glance
- You can share posts with your teammates and ask for approval before publishing them
- It’s easy to measure social media performance and create detailed reports for analyzing how your efforts are paying off
- Pricey for individuals and small businesses
- Lacks team management features
What’s Buffer Best For?
Buffers make a great choice for marketers who want a simple and intuitive app for managing social media.
How Much Do You Need to Pay for Using Buffer?
Buffer has two different products for publishing and analyzing performance on social media. Here are pricing plans for each product:
- Pro – $15 per month (1 user) (8 social accounts)
- Premium – $65 per month (2 users) (8 social accounts)
- Business – $99 per month (6 users) (25 social accounts)
- Pro – $35 per month (8 social accounts)
- Premium – $40 per month (10 social accounts)
Capterra – (4.5 / 5) stars
G2 – (4.3 / 5) stars
If you want to add some automation to your social media management work, SocialPilot is just the right tool. You can add the URL of your business’s website and other websites that you follow to share their blogs automatically on your social media.
With SocialPilot, you can view and reply to messages, comments on multiple Facebook profiles in real-time. The integrated social media analytics lets you analyze the engagement on social posts and also helps to understand the audience’s behavior. Also, you can document the analytic reports of your social platforms by downloading them in PDF format.
- Assign roles to team members and define their access levels
- Content recommendations from across the web
- Bulk scheduling makes it possible to schedule social posts for upcoming weeks or months
- It’s somewhat difficult to navigate through the app
What’s SocialPilot Best For?
SocialPilot is particularly great for managing your social media accounts on Facebook.
How Much Do You Need to Pay for Using SocialPilot?
SocialPilot has four different pricing plans:
- Professional: $25 per month (3 team members) (25 social accounts) [billed annually]
- Small Team: $41.66 per month (5 team members) (50 social accounts) [billed annually]
- Agency: $83.33 per month (10 team members)(100 social accounts)
- Enterprise: custom pricing
Capterra – (4.4 / 5) stars
G2 – (4.3 / 5) stars
SEO and SEM
SEMrjush is one of the top-rated digital marketing tools for businesses that you can leverage to plan and monitor all your SEO strategies. It allows you to search relevant keywords for your website, analyze competitors’ SEO strategies, and create SEO-friendly webpage and blog content.
Apart from SEO, SEMrush can also help you with PPC (pay-per-click) ad campaigns and boost your business’s sales. It is a comprehensive software that can meet both your SEO and SEM needs, like backlink analysis, organic traffic insights, content audit, competitive research, and much more.
- Comes with a wide range of useful tools and features
- Suitable for marketing teams of every size
- Data-driven solutions for developing powerful content strategies
- Pricing is quite high for individuals, freelancers, and startups
What’s SEMrush Best For?
SEMrush can help you with almost all of your digital marketing strategies.
How Much Do You Need to Pay for Using SEMrush?
SEMrush has four pricing plans:
- Pro – $83.28 per month (billed annually)
- Guru – $166.62 per month (billed annually)
- Business – $333.28 per month (billed annually)
- Enterprise – custom pricing
Capterra – (4.6 / 5) stars
G2 – (4.5 / 5) stars
Website Optimization and CRO
As a marketing professional, you need to analyze and understand the behavior of users visiting a website. Hotjar is a specialized behavior analytics software that allows you to gain better knowledge about user behavior with features, like heatmaps and visitor recordings.
The software also makes it possible for you to get feedback directly from users. This feedback data is useful for identifying the factors that trigger them to perform certain actions. With Hotjar, you can embed surveys on a website or share them with users to get their feedback.
- Easy to set up and use
- Allows visitor targeting using URLs, device and user attributes
- You can export user responses in CSV or XLSX format
- Suitable only for websites, you can’t use it for apps
What’s Hotjar Best For?
Hotjar provides important user behavior information that you can utilize to improve the overall user experience of a website.
How Much Do You Need to Pay for Using Hotjar?
Hotjar has three pricing plans:
- Personal (Plus) – $39 per month (unlimited team members)
- Business – Starts at $99 per month (unlimited team members)
- Agency – Custom pricing
Capterra – (4.7 / 5) stars
G2 – (4.3 / 5) stars
Canva is the preferred choice for marketing teams to create visual content that can be used in various marketing campaigns. The best thing about this tool is that it offers professional design templates that allow you to create beautiful graphic content without having hardcore graphic designing skills.
Whether you want to create stunning infographics that engage people with your content or videos to help customers learn better about your product/service, Visually can help you create a wide range of content.
- Allows you to create a wide range of content
- Comes with several advanced image editing features
- You can use free icons to make your designs more impactful
- Lack of collaborative features
What’s Canva Best For?
With Canva, you can create eye-catching designs for your marketing campaigns easily.
How Much Do You Need to Pay for Using Canva?
Canva has two pricing plans:
- Pro – $9.95 per user per month (billed annually)
- Enterprise – #30.00 per user per month (billed annually)
Capterra – (4.7 / 5) stars
G2 – (4.7 / 5) stars
Creatopy is an intuitive ad design platform that helps you easily craft engaging ads that fit all your needs, including banners and other display ads, social media ads, and video ads. You can start from industry-specific templates and standard sizes or create your custom designs. By taking advantage of the high-quality stock photo, video, and audio libraries, you can truly bring your ads to life.
Due to its automation capabilities, Creatopy allows you to generate large volumes of ad variations with just a few clicks, eliminating repetitive tasks. In addition, the platform gives you the possibility to work in bulk, creating sets of ads that can be edited and downloaded simultaneously.
- Access to a mix of automation, animation and customization capabilities,
- Intuitive interface and short learning curve
- Scalable pricing model
- It’s a new product, so new functionalities are still under development
What’s Creatopy Best For?
Creatopy makes ad design easy for everyone and comes with a mix of automation, customization, and animation options, allowing users to level up their advertising game.
How Much Do You Need to Pay for Using Creatopy
There are four types of plans that users can access: Free, Create, Automated, and Enterprise. The Create pricing plan starts at $17/month (billed yearly).
Capterra – (4.6 / 5) stars
G2 – (4.4 / 5) stars
ProofHub project management will surely boost your productivity. Try now.
Email marketing tools
Email represents arguably the most tried-and-tested, scalable marketing channel available to modern companies. As such, email solutions are a staple of Internet marketing software for businesses big and small.
From list-building and improving deliverability to coming up with awesome offer campaigns, let’s look at some tools that can break down your customer data and put a good chunk of your marketing efforts on autopilot.
SendGrid offers a full suite of email marketing services, many of which are friendly to novices and email veterans alike.
For example, the platform offers flexible design options via visual, drag-and-drop editing, coding, or a combination of both. In-depth deliverability and performance analytics are also built into SendGrid, cluing marketers in on which messages are performing and what needs work.
We know: there are more email marketing solutions out there than we can count. That said, a big upside of SendGrid is the forever-free plan for up-and-coming businesses as well as scalable pricing that matches your needs as you grow your list.
lemlist is unique among our email marketing tools because the platform is primarily focused on deliverability. Emphasizing the best times to send your messages (and how often) for the sake of more opens and clicks, lemlist is awesome for optimizing your existing campaigns.
Rather than second-guessing your marketing pushes, lemlist can be an eye-opener in terms of how to warm up your list.
Additional features include personalization tools to make your outreach emails sound less spammy and follow-up email sequences to encourage more replies from cold prospects.
Moosend is among the most user-friendly and affordable of our digital marketing tools, representing a surprisingly robust email solution for those just beginning to build their list.
Codeless campaigns, simple automation, and easy-to-read reporting are all built into the platform. Paid users can also take advantage of landing page features, including mobile pop-ups and countdown timers.
Your business is unique. The marketing tools you use should be too. This is why you need to know about email marketing, social media marketing, search engine optimization, PPC, and much more.