Are you looking for an email marketing service? Do you want to choose the best email marketing software? Then you are at the right place. If you’re reading this article, then you are looking to open your email list or upgrade your current email account. That is great because even though emails are getting less popular, they are still effective when done correctly.
Email marketing is popular these days, but with many companies offering tools to help you with your email marketing, this has made it difficult for businesses to choose the best email marketing service for them. Before you make your decision, check out this article.
What is an Email Marketing Service?
Aside from helping marketers send out email newsletters to their subscribers, email marketing services and software can cover everything from automation and segmentation to contact relationship management (CRM) and reporting. These tools exist to make our lives easier, so it’s important to find one that’s easy to use and has the functionality you require. Some may prefer to go for an all-in-one email marketing service with all of the features formerly mentioned, others might prefer to keep it simple with an easy-to-use email newsletter service. We’ll introduce you to various options below so you can make an informed decision. But first…
Why Email Marketing is Important
It is indeed old, but it doesn’t mean it’s ineffective. In fact, its maturity can be a strong indication that it’s here to stay, especially when you consider its excellent ROI of 44%. Look at the following pros:
- Lifespan: Consider Friendster, MySpace or Google+. Social media platforms can come and go. An email address? People tend to hang on to the same one for an average of 10 years.
- Data insights: Facebook and other social media tools are primarily advertising platforms. The data on their users is a goldmine they aren’t willing to share. With email marketing, you control everything you get to know about your users.
- Flexibility: once you’ve got your address list, it’s easy to switch providers. All you need is to export/ import the list via CSV.
- Ease of use: 10 years ago, email marketing platforms were complex beasts. Today, it takes 10 minutes to integrate a sign-up form, create a template and email everyone. It will certainly be faster to send your first newsletter than to create an ad campaign on Facebook or Twitter.
As you can see, email marketing is still a robust and reliable workhorse. And as we mentioned in the last point above, the platforms are increasingly easy to use for complete beginners. Best of all, many of them come with free plans, so you can test the waters before spending money on the solution.
Before we head into each email marketing service provider’s specifics, let’s dig into the usefulness of email marketing in general.
Here are some examples that support the effectiveness of email marketing in general:
- Email marketing’s ROI is $42 for every $1 spent, according to Litmus’s State of Email 2020 research (source)
- 78% of marketers have seen an increase in email engagement over the last 12 months, according to Not Another State of Marketing 2020 research conducted by Hubspot.
- 81% of B2B marketers use email newsletters for content marketing, as the Content Marketing Institute study in 2020 found. Furthermore, 31% of B2B marketers voted email newsletters as the best medium to nurture leads.
With these figures alone, you can see that email marketing remains the king of all marketing even today. However, it’s important to note that the best results come by implementing technological advances in your email marketing strategies.
For example, emails are now opened more on mobile than on desktop. This means that optimizing your emails to account for mobile devices is paramount to your campaign’s success.
Therefore, you want to choose an excellent email marketing service that allows you to take advantage of all the latest trends. Some of the essential aspects you should be looking at today are adding email contacts in bulk, email automation, detailed reporting, high deliverability, customer segmentation options for targeted emails, and campaign management tools. These are essential because you want to take out as much manual work as possible to increase the ROI of your email campaign.
What about the pricing? Most email marketing services allow you to store subscribers and send emails for free up to a point. After that, the standard pricing model is the price per subscriber. There’s also an alternative – price per sent email. Usually, the dollar amount of the price per subscriber is higher than per email. If you’re looking to send your subscribers a bunch of emails, it may be cheaper to opt for a price-per subscriber model and vice versa.
But enough about the theory and statistics, let’s get to our email marketing tools’ comparison.
So which are the best email marketing services? Take a look at our ranking table below to find out.
Best Email Marketing Services: Comparison Table
With ROI being $49 for every $1 you spend on email marketing, you need to get your hands on it as soon as possible. But how can you select the best email marketing software for your business?
Well, as you can see below, it all comes down to the features, price, and performance of your email software:
|Price/Month||Free Plan||Unique Feature||Ratings|
|Moosend||$8/month||Yes(Sign up here)||Advanced audience segmentation|
|HubSpot||$50/month||Yes||Powerful CRM tool|
|Constant Contact||$20/month||No (60-day trial)||Event invitations management|
|Mailchimp||$15/month||Yes||Multi-step custom workflows|
|Sendinblue||$25/month||Yes||SMS marketing options|
|ActiveCampaign||$15/month||No (14-day trial)||Event tracking options|
|AWeber||$20/month||Yes||Email testing across devices|
|MailerLite||$10/month||Yes||Open rate by location|
|Benchmark||$15/month||Yes||Easy-to-use email editor|
If you are still considering Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo! Mail for your business, then consider the following:
- These services aren’t suitable for sending bulk emails.
- ISPs may mark your campaigns as spam and harm your deliverability rates.
- Getting flagged as spam will lead to more unsubscribes.
Being unable to deliver your emails to your audience is reason enough to consider getting a professional email marketing tool.
So, without further ado, let’s take a look at the best services to help you scale your business in a breeze.
1. Moosend – Best Email Marketing Software For Small Businesses
Pricing: Free-forever plan paid plans start at $8/month
Best for: eCommerce, SaaS, Publishers, Bloggers, Agencies
Unique feature: Advanced audience segmentation
Moosend is the best email marketing service for small businesses due to the variety of features that it provides at a very low cost. It has a minimal learning curve so it’s ideal for both pros and beginners alike.
To create your email campaigns, the tool has a sophisticated drag-and-drop builder and a variety of responsive email templates you can fully customize. Not only that, but Moosend also lets you preview your campaigns on different devices to always look pristine.
Now, when you send your email marketing campaigns, you can run spam and delivery tests to ensure that your contact list gets your messages. This way, you won’t have to worry about the spam folder and your email deliverability – Moosend has a sender reputation of 98%!
With Moosend as an email service provider, you also get advanced email automation tools to automate your marketing campaigns, segment your email list, and deliver hyper-personalized content to convert your audience. The real-time analytics and reports will also help you measure your email performance to optimize your marketing strategy.
Overall, Moosend will give you access to powerful features and a clean user interface to scale your email marketing strategy even when you sign up for a free account.
Moosend Best Email Marketing Software Features
- Drag-and-drop editor: design stunning newsletters with no prior knowledge
- Email newsletter templates: responsive and customizable to suit your needs
- List segmentation: target your subscribers effectively with tailored content
- Landing pages: boost your lead generation with high-converting landing pages
- Subscription forms: design forms that match your website to never miss a lead
- Reporting and analytics: track and monitor campaign performance
- Integrations: connect your favorite apps to increase your efficiency
2. HubSpot – Best Software For Email List Management
Pricing: Free plan, paid plans start at $50/month
Best for: Marketers, Startups, Tech, Bloggers
Unique feature: Powerful CRM
HubSpot is one of the most popular all-in-one marketing platforms that gives you all the tools you need to grow your business. Their email marketing service is one of the features that are part of the free CRM plan, alongside a landing page builder, forms builder, meeting scheduler, and live chat tool.
The true power of the HubSpot email marketing tool comes from the CRM, which allows you to automatically log all of your contacts’ information as well as their interactions with your business. You can then use this data to deeply personalize your emails.
HubSpot’s email marketing platform also offers a few extra tools to help you grow your email list. You can easily set up a landing page with a signup form to capture new email addresses that will automatically be added to your CRM. Other free tools include live chat and bots, ad management, and ticketing software.
The more advanced features include powerful automation workflows that allow you to create custom autoresponders and automate your marketing funnel from beginning to end with a wide variety of triggers.
Hubspot Best Email Marketing Tool Features
- Personalization tokens to tailor your emails
- A/B testing feature to detect the winning variations
- CRM that logs all of your subscribers’ interactions with your business
- Pre-built templates that are customizable with the drag-and-drop builder
- Lead capture tools: forms, popups, live chat, and landing pages
- Integration with popular tools, including a WordPress plugin
HubSpot’s free plan lets you send up to 2,000 emails per month. To send more emails and unlock advanced automation features, paid plans start at $50/month and upgrade your access to all of HubSpot’s marketing features.
3. Constant Contact – Best Email Marketing System For Beginners
Pricing: 60-day free trial, paid plans start at $20/month
Best for: Governments, Educational entities, Event Organizers
Unique feature: Event invitations management
Constant Contact is the oldest email marketing service in this post and a popular Mailchimp alternative. While the email editor doesn’t have a variety of styles, it is easy to use. Personalization features are also pretty basic, whereas the tool doesn’t offer “if/then/else” logic, making this email marketing solution a good tool for beginners.
Apart from its email marketing capabilities, the email platform gives you access to basic automation features, autoresponders, and subject line split testing. Despite its simple newsletter creation character, Constant Contact’s event invitation management options are what make it unique.
The RSVP tool helps greatly in promoting events like webinars, online courses, and more. Moreover, but Constant Contact allows marketers to get RSVP responses straight from the email they’ve sent out to their audience. This is a useful functionality that not many email service providers offer.
Overall, Constant Contact is a great email marketing software to help event organizers, educators, and others get the most out of their online events.
Constant Contact Email Marketing Service Features
- Powerful event invitations, coupons, surveys, and polls
- Online form builder to create and capture your leads
- Automated “Resend to Non-Openers” options
- Instagram and Facebook ads and insights
- A/B Testing tool to find the winning variation
- Social media integrations and more
Constant Contact Pricing
While Constant Contact doesn’t offer a free plan, it has a 60-day trial (no credit card required). Nevertheless, the platform offers two paid options starting at $20/month based on the number of subscribers you have.
4. Mailchimp – Best Email Marketing Solution For Newsletter Design
Pricing: Limited free plan, paid plans start at $15/month
Best for: eCommerce, Publishers
Unique feature: Multi-step custom workflows
Mailchimp is a popular email marketing service that allows you to create emails with its drag-and-drop content blocks. While it might be a little difficult to understand at first, Mailchimp’s knowledge base is there to help you out.
When it comes to increasing the success of your campaigns, Mailchimp’s email platform also offers cross-device email testing to find out which elements work best for your audience. It’s worth mentioning that this email marketing tool also has a landing page builder to boost your lead generation.
Moreover, Mailchimp comes with a series of automation features like its multi-step workflows that allow you to create complex onboarding series and drip campaigns for your subscribers. For eCommerce, you can also use this feature to create a welcome email or a cart abandonment automated email to engage potential customers.
All in all, Mailchimp offers a plethora of great email marketing and marketing automation features. Nevertheless, it might not be ideal for new business owners who want to move their customers down their marketing and sales funnel fast.
Organizations of all sizes use email marketing to turn their website visitors into leads, and their leads into customers. In fact, research shows that email marketing is the most effective marketing channel.